[ROM] [Coby MID1042] Alien Droid (Advanced GUI customization) [11.18.12]

powerpoint45

Sep 9, 2012
Dieselrider said:
Well, that explains why I can't see it. Mine does not give me that option at all. There is nothing on the screen that ever pops up for toggling the signature verification on or off. I don't know what I am doing wrong?

By the way, do you know you can select the 'backup and reset" option from the settings and then choose :recovery Mode" and the tablet will reboot to that same screen with the same options as holding the power and silver buttons? At least it does on mine.

The options I get in that screen are
"reboot system now"
"apply update from external storage"
"wipe data/ factory reset"
"wipe cache partition"
"apply update from cache"

Never anything about toggling the switch. I am lost here. Thanks though.

Did you install cwm from http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ot-recovery-update-all-without-livesuite.html

Dieselrider

Nov 29, 2012

I have read that thread and tried to use that method. I do not remember that thread mentionind the cwm. It may have, I just do not remember. I have read so much today and am no closer now then I was this morning. I really wish there was a very detailed thread of step by steps for the novice like myself on these tablets. I bet I read a hundred pages today on many variations of this problem. Perhaps I need a break for a day or so.

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011
One issue I am seeing is with CWM (not the ROM). It only allows for installing a zip from the external SD card slot...any insight into that?

powerpoint45

Sep 9, 2012
dbeauch said:
One issue I am seeing is with CWM (not the ROM). It only allows for installing a zip from the external SD card slot...any insight into that?

Yeah I know. I wish you could choose from internal SD as well. It can get annoying

powerpoint45

Sep 9, 2012
bmcl1993 said:
If someting go wrong my tablet go stop working???

Their is allways a chance of this. You need to be able to take risks.

Last edited:

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011
ROM has been working great! WIFI certainly seems improved... any possibility of getting a custom kernel? I'd love to be able to overclock!