[ROM] [Coby MID1042] Alien Droid (Advanced GUI customization) [11.18.12]

Dieselrider

Nov 29, 2012
Just updated ROM. Here is the changelog:

11/30/12
*Improved the disguise as a Galaxy Nexus
*Added ICS version of voice search
*video chat does not force close anymore
*improved wifi a bit (needs some testing)
*did not add Google Maps but you can download it from https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu4nrd2f8zx9f5f/com.google.android.apps.maps-1.apk

Thanks PP 45. I have been out of the loop here for the last couple days with computer troubles. Just getting back up and running again (I hope). I will go bnack and start rereading the pages you linked to and try to find a way to get adb working on this box or switch to a windows machine to get this thing rolling. Thank you for your help.

powerpoint45

Sep 9, 2012
dbeauch said:
ROM has been working great! WIFI certainly seems improved... any possibility of getting a custom kernel? I'd love to be able to overclock!

Maybe some day...I would love that also... It would be cool to get jellybean working on this.

jmh_vera

Dec 10, 2012
just flashed today and after 5 hours using it: Excellent rom but i have problems with wifi...the signal goes and goes back...and know i cant connect anymore

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011
hey havent been here for a while, any updates you are working on? btw wasnt the latest version to come with maps preinstalled?i had to manually install...only other issue is web browser seems to freeze often

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Editing the build.prop will allow you to change the information in "about tablet". As for Flash, go to Adobe's website and grab the .APK from there. They have it in their "older versions" archive, which I provided a link to at one point. You'll have to search for it.

powerpoint45

Sep 9, 2012
hey havent been here for a while, any updates you are working on? btw wasnt the latest version to come with maps preinstalled?i had to manually install...only other issue is web browser seems to freeze often

I decided to leave it out and just let people download the app via dropbox because I don't want people complaining that they don't want Google maps.Its really not that inconvenient ..Been busy lately working on reviews and studying for semester finals.

Last edited:

bmcl1993

Nov 27, 2012
Hello, I have 2 things to talk about:
1- In the market some app's how work in the tablet say "This application is incompatible with your Unknown Galaxy Nexus.", but I have the aplication installed before and work!!!
You can't change the "manufacture" to the "Samsung Galaxy S3"???
2- In the navigator (Opera) and other app's the numbers and some letters appear smaller that the other letters.
You can fix that???

Shirik

Jul 15, 2012
Hi, i'm having some sort of a problem reading me ext-sd card. FOr example QuickPic app not allowing me to do any Write actions with pictures there.
Is it possible to move the "Extsd" fodler-car from "mnt" to "sdcard" folder?

UPDATE:
I just tried to do that http://forum.yarvik.com/showthread.php?3373-extSD-as-Internal-Storage
Didn't work well. At first it almost bricked the tablet, but after 30 minutes of loading screen it loaded into the OS, and the Sdcard was swapped with Extsd as it intended, but after a lot of errors came up, so i had to wipe the system...

Last edited:

nobi

Mar 5, 2013
I am having the DAMBDEST time trying to get CWM on this tablet, so I can flash this rom. I have spent a day and a half worth of reading and experimenting to no avail on this god forsaken tablet. It seems they have spared no expenses at keeping one from making this tablet the slightest bit usable.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, someone point me in a direction to get this to work. I am using terminal emulator because I can't even get ADB or the SDK to work on my Windows 7 pc, a completely different issue I'm sure from this tablet.

For my sanity's sake can someone please help me out, thanks in advance!.
*EDIT* I didnt do a great job reading up on this, apparently skipped the MAIN sticky in the dev forum. Anyone having troubles I suggest check that out.

So I got this flashed, BUT I am not getting any wifi at all. It won't turn on. Huge bummer, definitely don't want to go back to stock. Any ideas on a workaround, anyone? Thanks.

Last edited:

nobi

Mar 5, 2013
Just whiped everything and reflashed, then whiped after the flash again. Still no Wifi. I did see a brief popup after I reflashed saying Wi-fi uninitiated, auto fixing... something along those lines. However still cant get it on.