[ROM] Crystal Clear by fuser-invent

How do you like this ROM?

• Total voters

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
@ pukidukie - It could be a country location problem. Apps can choose to restrict what countries their app will be compatible in.

@ lethas - I'm glad v1.6 is working out well for you! I'm close on v1.7 but had some repair emergencies at work that kept me too busy to work on the development. I'm getting close to solving the GameLoft license loop problem, but I want to fix that before I release v1.7.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Crystal Clear v1.7 by fuser-invent
--- Hybrid ROM Based on Official Stock 1212 Firmware and CM10 ---

If you have a Ainol Hero, check out my new ROM Anti-Hero v1.3 here.
Change Log

Crystal Clear v1.7

Crystal Clear v1.7 files can be found here.
All versions of Crystal Clear from now on will be for use in the CWM or TWRP Recovery.
Current v1.5 Compatibility, SD Switcher and Additional App Package Zips work with v1.7.

• Fixed license loop for Gameloft games but some games still crash, like Asphalt 7.
  • Root Updated - SuperSU to v1.04.
  • Cleaned up all updater-scripts
  • Updated Batch2 Comp Zip - Batch1 update, coming soon...
  • Play Store Compatibility Fixes
  • Updated some apps in Additional Apps package
  • New Battery Percentage Icon
  • Possibly fixed bluetooth, report back. You need to enable bluetooth in the build.prop. Optional zip coming soon...
  • Optional zip to turn data and 3G back on, coming soon...
  • Optional zip to revert back to Fake Tablet/Phone UI, coming soon...

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
UPDATES NOW AVAILABLE:
Everything is still located in the usual folder here.

• additional_apps_v1.5.3_signed.zip
  • crystal_clear_batch3-v1.0_sd_revert.zip
  • crystal_clear_batch3-v1.0_sd_switch.zip
  • crystal_clear_NEXUS_7_fingerprint.zip
  • crystal_clear_SGS3_GT_I9300_fingerprint.zip
  • crystal_clear_revert_to_fake_tabletui.zip

The batch 3 sd switchers should work but are untested because I don't have a batch 3 anymore. The fingerprint zips are "NEXUS7 <-> SGS3" so they will work back and forth but not if you have altered your fingerprint to another device. In additional apps I got rid of the ES apps and the Root Browser. ROM Toolbox lite pretty much does everything and does it better. If you use the revert to fake tabletUI you will get the old Ainol "TabletUI" so that you can get your fullscreen in movie players and stuff but as I mentioned before, it's totally fake and actually a phoneUI, so the side effect is that all apps will open as if you have a phone and not a tablet. You also won't get any updates in the future that involve the files that control this, androidpolicy.jar and services.jar in the framework folder.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Crystal Clear v1.8 by fuser-invent

Change Log

Crystal Clear v1.8

• Bluetooth support attempts have failed and been abandoned.
  • Cleaned up a large amount of unused stuff in the ROM package.
  • TTS and Voice working?
  • Google TalkBack not working.
  • Changed default settings on first start; haptic feedback off, display timeout set to 2 minutes instead of 1 minute, allow installation of apps from unknown sources, etc.
  • Removed Tapatalk HD Beta from the additional apps package since it's now been officially released as a paid version in the app store. It's way better than the non-tablet version so check it out
  • Removed some other apps from the additional apps package that are now working fine when downloaded from the app store, so no need for special versions
  • Removed Titanium Backup from additional apps package because it was causing issues
  • Added Catlog app to additional apps package
  • Moved ROM Toolbox lite to data/app in the ROM package and added ES File Explorer as another root browser option
  • Rolled back Terminal app to a working version
  • Revised Kernel and Dalvik VM init.d scripts. Better lag reduction and overall performance.
  • Added Network tweaks to init.d from RPEngine2.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Re-enable Data // 3G // Ethernet

These options are turned off my default because they kill the battery, cause lags and decrease overall performance. I understand though that some people can only access the internet through a 3G dongle. So to turn these functions back on, flash this zip.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Crystal Clear v1.9 by fuser-invent

Change Log

Crystal Clear v1.9

-----

• The "bootloader" option in the extended power menu just reboots the tablet since these tablets don't have the kind of bootloader you can boot into.
  • The additional apps package now has two new apps. One is called Market Helper which is an app to temporarily change/fake your tablet to appear as if it was another device so that you can download non-compatible apps from the app market. The other app is called LMT Launcher and among other things, it has the cool PIE launcher that you may have seen in the new Paranoid Android ROM's. You do need to set it up manually though. If you like these apps, consider donating to the developers because they are useful and really cool.

Last edited:

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Crystal Clear v2.0 by fuser-invent

Change Log

Crystal Clear v2.0

• Changed default wallpaper and bootanimation
  • Updated Comp zips, modules should work now
  • Fixed some things that were causing transfers of large files to fail between the device and the computer as well as the external and internal sd card.
  • Removed a lot of stuff that just wasn't working
  • Cleaned up init.d scripts
  • Performance and speed is better.

For this new version of Crystal Clear, please use the v2.0 compatibility zips. The ROM and the Comp zips can be found here.

-----

Important Notice

My external hard drive went down and I lost a great deal of my firmware development stuff, among a lot of other backups. Luckily I had the most recent stuff on my laptops hard drive but I have very little space on here and I'm going to have to purchase a new drive soon. I also think the wifi chip on my 10" Ainol Hero tablet died, I've spent a good 20 hours trying to find a work around to fix it with no luck and I was doing a good deal of actual development on that and then transferring it over to other devices but I still have the Crystal to do some development on. Please consider a donation to help me replace my external hard drive, there is a donation link in my signature.

Providing this release works for all your guys and gals, this is going to be the last major update for a while. I think I've taken the stock ROM's pretty far into better performance and stability with my work and it's time to re-focus on learning to build from source and attempt to compile JB 4.2.2. I have already set up a dev environment to start learning how to build it. It looks like I'll need to upgrade the primary solid state drive in my laptop though and possibly the secondary storage drive as well since it takes a good deal of space to get things done and I'm running low. I will still be dropping by all my SlateDroid threads to check in on things. I wish you all well and hope you enjoy your tablets!

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
As of today there have been 104,688 downloads of my Android custom firmware packages in over 10 different countries since December. Crazy!

Please consider a donation if you are one of the 104,688. Even if it is just $1, that is less than a cup of coffee for something you use everyday! Thanks for the support!