[ROM] Cthulhu 1.0 for Bluepanther Thunder MID

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Hello folks. Sorry for the long period of sillence. I have been quite busy with work and other problems and didn't have any time for our tablet. But now I finally got some free time and the result is Cthulhu 2.0. 1.0 was more of a proof o concept rom and it had many issues and not too many improvements.
2.0 on the other hand is a big step up and also should work on all GM10 tablet derivates ( including the ones with bluetooth)

Features :
- crap app's removed
- latest gapps ( new market, new gmaps , etc ...)
- street view
- you can now connect to ad-hoc wifi networks
- calendar now works
- news and weather
- contacts
- car home
- dev tools
- calculator
- build.prop tweacks
- more things coming soon !!!

- fixed gmail ( didn't notice it wasn't working)

Next step will be performance optimizations.

To install :
- do a factory reset ( volume right plus power button and follow the on screen instructions )
- make sure you have the latest update for your GM10 ( Bluepanther one is here )
- grab this archive from here and extract it
- make sure you have the usb drivers for your tablet. Get them from here
- open the comand line and go to the folder where you extracted the cthulhu rom
- run install.bat
- wait for the install to finish and the tablet will reboot on it's own
- profit !!!

Last edited:

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
You can install any one you prefer from the market. And it will allways be the latest version.

copterguy

Feb 17, 2011
camera stopped working when I put this ROM on...not that I use it anyway...in fact it locks up the MID.

maslik

Mar 15, 2011
Hello folks. This is the first custom rom for our tablet. The way used to flash this rom is kinda rudimentary but it's the best I could do for now. It's basically a script that will remove/replace certain files of your current rom. So you have to have this latest update installed.

To install :
- grab this archive here and unapck it or get the new archive from here.
- make sure you have the usb drivers installed from here
- run install.bat
- profit !!!

Features :
- all apk's are otimized (zipalign, optipng ,etc)
- permarouted
- crap app's removed
- certain services removed ( telephony and bluetooth )
- build.prop tweacks

Hi!
Can you tell step-by-step howe instal "Cthulhu" app on the tablet pc?
(also I dont understand where I most copy folder "Cthulhu" and where I need run "install.bat")
Thanks!

united21

Mar 29, 2011
Hello folks. Sorry for the long period of sillence. I have been quite busy with work and other problems and didn't have any time for our tablet. But now I finally got some free time and the result is Cthulhu 2.0. 1.0 was more of a proof o concept rom and it had many issues and not too many improvements.
2.0 on the other hand is a big step up and also should work on all GM10 tablet derivates ( including the ones with bluetooth)

Features :
- crap app's removed
- latest gapps ( new market, new gmaps , etc ...)
- street view
- you can now connect to ad-hoc wifi networks
- calendar now works
- news and weather
- contacts
- car home
- dev tools
- calculator
- build.prop tweacks

- fixed gmail ( didn't notice it wasn't working)

Next step will be performance optimizations.

To install :
- do a factory reset ( volume right plus power button and follow the on screen instructions )
- make sure you have the latest update for your GM10 ( Bluepanther one is here )
- grab this archive from here and extract it
- make sure you have the usb drivers for your tablet. Get them from here
- open the comand line and go to the folder where you extracted the cthulhu rom
- run install.bat
- wait for the install to finish and the tablet will reboot on it's own
- profit !!!
Hi!
Can you tell step-by-step howe instal "Cthulhu" app on the tablet pc?
(also I dont understand where I most copy folder "Cthulhu" and where I need run "install.bat")
Thanks!

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
The procedure is simple. You just extract the archive anywhere you like. Let's say C. Then you open comand line and access the new folder like so cd cthulhu2 and type now install.bat.

bonze04

Mar 11, 2011
The procedure is simple. You just extract the archive anywhere you like. Let's say C. Then you open comand line and access the new folder like so cd cthulhu2 and type now install.bat.

Hi, after update, I have a problem with the market. It has gone in 2.3.4 version and I can find a very few applications on it.
(before it was 'few applications')

I think it's due to build.prop file.
I haven't saved the original build.prop file.
Do you have this original file to try to get back to normal opération ?
(GM10 tablet)

Pasqui

Mar 4, 2011
Hi, after the upgrade to the new ROM I got calendar and contacts apparently working, but there is no way to syncronize them with my gmail account. Before at least contacts were syncronized. Did I miss something? Now I restored the previous firmware and contacts are syncronized again.
Bye