[ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros 7042 - Rooted, Deodexed, Google Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDeer

May 3, 2012
Custom MID9742 ROM Bug Report:

1) Music Samples don't play in the Google Play Store.

Notice
-------------------------------------
No application can perform this action

2) I keep getting Security warnings when I go to reputable sites like Engadget, etc
Stock Google Browser (Not Dolphin HD)

Security Warning

-----------------------------------------
There are problems with the security certificate of this site

Last edited:

Jscuda70

May 7, 2012
Ok, I used this initially to root:
zip.gif
coby_root3.zip (637.6 KB, 46 views) from this thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rmware-dumps-coby-generation-3-devices-2.html on my 9742

I have root via Root checker... I successfully loaded this: cfw_coby_7042_4.0.3_0.1.zip onto my wifes unrooted 9742 and hers is good to go, mine however will not start using the same process with live suite. How do I unroot or flash cfw_coby_7042_4.0.3_0.1.zip now that mine is rooted? thank you for reading this

Last edited by a moderator:

Jscuda70

May 7, 2012
is there any other way to load cfw_coby_7042_4.0.3_0.1.zip like rom manager or something? I'm doing the exact process for mine as I did for my wifes, not 2 hours earlier...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jscuda70

May 7, 2012
Ok got it fixed, I had to uninstall and reinstall all the drivers and reboot reboot pc thank you for your help.

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
make sure you are holding down the vol + button before you plug in the usb cable
keep holding it down while inserting it,
then quickly keep pressing the power button while still holding the +vol button down (I dont know the exact number of times but it will eventually enter upgrade mode)
make sure you computer volume is turned up so you can hear the device connected sound
you can then let go of the volume button and stop pressing the power button

if you see the battery charge icon of the screen when you press the power button then redo the steps over again, it wont work

Yeah, as soon as I hit the power button I had the clock/battery/etc because I was trying to enter upgrade mode from standby......WILL NOT WORK...POWER OFF. Thanks for trying to help the helpless :D

Petlichkovski

May 8, 2012
Hi, I really appreciate your work. I was wondering if this ROM for Kyros 7042 would work for Kyros 8042? Thanks in advance.

davidmatt34

Nov 4, 2011
I think that Steev needs to have the dump still for the 8042 to create the image. Not sure if anyone has submitted this for him.

sbs

May 6, 2012
Anybody else having lockup/crashing problems with this?

I've seen a bunch of lockups since installing it. Most of them required a hard restart, and just now I had it reflash itself on restart because something was corrupted.

I've had it happen in several apps, but 'play' may be the most common offender.

Firefox was in the foreground with the extra bad crash that just happened.

I'm not running the very latest version that's in this thread - will install that just in case something relevant changed.

Joe88

Apr 27, 2012
Ive had 0 crashes, also use firefox as main browser

did you use the last rooted version without google play installed and had to load it yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.