[ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros 8042 - Rooted, Google Apps, Google Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
It's really simple, you need to set your filemanger to mount system as root. Then navigate to /etc/vold.fstab open as text, go down to dev_mount. Change sdcard /mnt/sdcard to extsd /mnt/extsd. Then the next dev_mount change extsd /mnt/extsd to sdcard /mnt/sdcard.

Only switch those words not entire line.

Then reboot, you are just changing mount points.

Last edited:

gmila84

May 17, 2012
Could you please explain- you seem like one of the few people out there who know how to correct this issue. Thanks!!

If you do that, you're awesome!

But leave the 4gb without any partition, it's better. Anyone can buy a SD Card to expand.

Thanks again!

Wingdinger

May 28, 2012
I just downloaded the rom, it comes as a .7z file extension, not a .zip or .iso, is this correct?

Thanks again.

Wingdinger

May 28, 2012
Hi, yes it comes in 7zip format just download 7zip if you don't have it.

My bad,
the two character .7z threw me, if it had three letters I would of just Googled it, but I was thinking it was a typo. I guess I never ran across 7zip before, and it turns out once I put winrar back on my laptop it recognized it.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

sokar311

May 16, 2012
Man, you have resolved the sdcard issue?

tks

Hi i don't think it's a good idea to make the change to the mount point, if anybody wants to change the mount point you can edit vold.fstab, i have a galaxy note and it mounts the external sd in /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, and i have no problems, why is it exactly that some people have problems with /mnt/extsd ?

gmila84

May 17, 2012
Hi i don't think it's a good idea to make the change to the mount point, if anybody wants to change the mount point you can edit vold.fstab, i have a galaxy note and it mounts the external sd in /mnt/sdcard/external_sd, and i have no problems, why is it exactly that some people have problems with /mnt/extsd ?

There's a problem with gemrb, for example. Most of app if you want to move to a sd card, move to the partition ... and so on..

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
this is the safest change you can make to the tablet. Very easy to change back also. The most dangerous change would be live suite. Live suite has already damaged my momo8 ployer, I have no desire to let damage my coby.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Not true, almost unbrickable if you don't use live suite. This app can brick the tablet. In my case it shorted out my usb. Try and repair your tablet with a broken USB.

Wingdinger

May 28, 2012
I installed the new rom on mine last night. The hardest part of the job was getting the livesuite usb drivers installed on my XP laptop, I still don't know what I did different to finally get them installed, the copy of livesuite that I downloaded from the beginning of this thread didn't (on my laptop, at least) have .exe's for the usb drivers.
Once I got past getting the usb drivers installed, all went as described in the instructions. As mentioned in some other threads, my pad didn't auto reboot after the flashing finished, so I waited 10 min. and then hit the power button, and it started right up.
All is working well, Gapps let me log into them, google play lets me download apps, so much better than looking all over for them.
So, for now, all is woring well.
Now I have to try app2sd, to try moving some apps to the external card.

Thanks again Sokar

Status
Not open for further replies.