[ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros 8042 - Rooted, Google Apps, Google Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmila84

May 17, 2012
It's take a life to leave "0%" on the installation ? lol

The Live Suit, load the img first time, that's take no longer, but after that... 20 minutes and still in 0%. It's that normal?

Edit.: solved! There's nothing, all the progress is so fast, that I can't see!

Thanks brother for the CFW!

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
androidtabletsi;214035]I get the same firmware dual touch?[/QUOTE]

perhaps your tablets touch drivers are different.

dymedog

May 29, 2012
My 8042 came yesterday around 5PM. I have spent about 15 hours now trying to get LiveSuite to work, and still am unable to. I hold vol + when I plug in USB and press power until the computer makes the device found noise which at that point I let go of all buttons. Nothing happens with Live Suite sitting with an hour glass. Device is never found (but it was the first like 15 times) and if you unplug it from usb Live Suite then says Falied and the hour glass goes away. I have let it sit untouched for a good 45 minutes and it never left 0%. I know it isnt frozen becasue I can move the window around. My main reason for wanting to alter the tablet is wanting google play so if anyone has figured out a way to just install gapps Id LOVE to hear from you. Any advice at all?

Last edited:

dymedog

May 29, 2012
Also it is showing that the usb driver is installed correctly (no yellow !). I have flashed other tablets and alot of phones and I have never seen anything like this.

sokar311

May 16, 2012
Also it is showing that the usb driver is installed correctly (no yellow !). I have flashed other tablets and alot of phones and I have never seen anything like this.

Hi, try this livesuit Link removed, in the /UsbDriver folder right click the .inf file and click on install.

Also remember this steps:

- Run LiveSuit.exe, then click on the first icon on the left, choose the .img file.
- Power Off the Device, disconnect USB cable
- Press Vol UP
- While Keeping pressed Vol UP, connect USB cable.
- NOW While keeping pressed VOL UP, press POWER repeatedly (like twice a second) until LiveSuit pops a dialog.
- From that point you can choose flash with full wipe or no wipe (your choice).
- Wait Until Fished.
- Should be done.

I hope i works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

dymedog

May 29, 2012
Hi, try this livesuit Link removed, in the /UsbDriver folder right click the .inf file and click on install.

Also remember this steps:

- Run LiveSuit.exe, then click on the first icon on the left, choose the .img file.
- Power Off the Device, disconnect USB cable
- Press Vol UP
- While Keeping pressed Vol UP, connect USB cable.
- NOW While keeping pressed VOL UP, press POWER repeatedly (like twice a second) until LiveSuit pops a dialog.
- From that point you can choose flash with full wipe or no wipe (your choice).
- Wait Until Fished.
- Should be done.

I hope i works for you.
No luck. When I right click and install driver nothing really happens- is that normal? Then when I go to start live suite it gives me an error that the driver is not installed. Ive tried for hours. I even reinstalled windows xp thinking that may help. Im lost and VERY lost without Google Play : (

RedDeer

May 3, 2012
No luck. When I right click and install driver nothing really happens- is that normal? Then when I go to start live suite it gives me an error that the driver is not installed. Ive tried for hours. I even reinstalled windows xp thinking that may help. Im lost and VERY lost without Google Play : (
Follow these instructions - When people give you quick/short instructions, they leave out so, so much:

HOW TO USE THE LIVESUIT PROGRAM TO INSTALL (FLASH) THE CUSTOM ROM FROM YOUR PC TO YOUR TABLET
(---- THE WAY TO MUCH DETAILED VERSION ----)
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...2-rooted-deodexed-google-play.html#post207546

Last edited:

dymedog

May 29, 2012
Thank you to those of you who have been helping me and thank you for a great rom. it turns out it was an issue with my pc usb ports because i went to my inlaws to try and it worked perfectly. the only issue I am having now is Google Play doesnt list ALOT of apps. Im going to look around the 7042 thread to see if I can find anything. You guys are great!

kbillings2

Jun 5, 2012
I am running windows 7 and when I did this and kept pushing the power button nothing popped up on my computer screen. Is there something else I can try? This is my first time rooting a tablet so probably messing up somewhere...lol

dymedog

May 29, 2012
I am running windows 7 and when I did this and kept pushing the power button nothing popped up on my computer screen. Is there something else I can try? This is my first time rooting a tablet so probably messing up somewhere...lol

I dont run windows 7 so im not sure if it works the same as xp. i followed to directions posted and had no luck. i tried on my inlaws pc and bam worked perfectly. my pc is usb1 so that may have been my issue. im assuming windows 7 would be on a pc with usb 2.0.

kbillings2

Jun 5, 2012
I have downloaded everything, but when I go to select cfw_8042_ics_root_gapps_v01.img
my system is not finding it or any other .img files. Please assist. is there a link I can get to download and save it or a file path you can provide?

magnum425

Jun 16, 2012
I am hoping to try your rom but I could use more specific instructions, such as, where to download to cpu or tablet the Link removed. Is this the first step?, then download LiveSuite to which cpu or tablet? I was hoping to find a mod with sd card between cpu and tablet but my cpu will not find my mini sd card with adapter, works fine with standard sd card. I hope you can advise, Any help appreciated.

magnum425

magnum425

Jun 16, 2012
Wow thanks for all your help,

I am hoping to try your rom but I could use more specific instructions, such as, where to download to cpu or tablet the Link removed. Is this the first step?, then download LiveSuite to which cpu or tablet? I was hoping to find a mod with sd card between cpu and tablet but my cpu will not find my mini sd card with adapter, works fine with standard sd card. I hope you can advise, Any help appreciated.

magnum425

currinbrandon

Jun 29, 2012
Hi i'm posting this rom, based on the 8042 firmware dump posted by Shinisuryu , it is rooted, and loaded with google apps and of course google play.

I also fixed the search function which crashed, i had to remove GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk wich was causing problems, this solution should work for the other roms, just install titanum backup and delete it.

Downloads:

Link removed

Flashing instructions(taken from steev):
- Download LiveSuite, this is the flashing software for A10 devices
- Run LiveSuitePack.exe (a bunch of files will be extracted to the current folder, so best to create a new one)
- Now run livesuite.exe
- Choose "SelectImage"
- Choose the cfw_8042_ics_root_gapps_v01.img
- Now you need to put your device in upgrade mode, to do so:
1. power off the device
2. Press and hold any physical key except the power key on the device(ie, press and hold Vol+ key, still holding in 3 and 4)
3. Connect the tablet to your PC via USB cable
4. Repeatedly press the power button until a popup dialog shows on your computer screen
- Now follow the on-screen instructions

Windows 7 64-Bit users: it has been reported that you must use LiveSuite 1.0.7
LiveSuitPack_v1.07.rar

Write if you run into problems, i have been testing the rom for a couple of days before posting, so it should be fine.

I've followed the above steps to a T and am still not getting any result: I'm using a Coby Kyros MID8042-4 and a Dell Latitude D600 with a Pentium M processor at 1.6GHz with 1.0Gb of RAM with Windows XP professional

Someone help me cause i seem to be hitting the provebal wall with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.