[ROM] Customized Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 CWR for eMMC Update (4/3/2011)

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I decided to give this a try. It loaded up just fine, but every app i try to install gives me an error.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
My install of froyo 668 does not iclude the map application Ant one know where to get it? Doesnt cone up in the Market.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I backed up my phiremoed beta2 and installed Nookie Froyo 668. So far, it's been working fine after tricking the market application, uninstalling and re-installing flash (still doesn't show in market). They both have advantages and disadvantages over each other, but I'll probably be keeping the Nookie.

Last edited:

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
In my opinion I think Nookie 668 is far superior. once you deal with the wifi issue it is really quite good. I am very happy with it and have found it to be quite stable.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
In my opinion I think Nookie 668 is far superior. once you deal with the wifi issue it is really quite good. I am very happy with it and have found it to be quite stable.

I am having a hell of a time with the WiFi issue. Currently, I'm trying Wake Timer; let's see how that turns out... How did you deal with it?

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
I am having a hell of a time with the WiFi issue. Currently, I'm trying Wake Timer; let's see how that turns out... How did you deal with it?

I am using Regpon wifi Keepalive. Simple app that keeps the wifi radio active. Works well in that wifi is always there when I use the device. There is a hit to battery life but if you charge your device daily shouldnt be a problem.

I have found that wifi works for a while. When it gets funky a reboot seems to take care of it. If you dont reboot then the regpon will take care of it. While it isnt a perfect solution it is a good enough that makes the NC highly livable. In fact now I find that Nookie 668 is really great. I havnt done everything with it but for my purposes as a tablet it is great.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Mine came with Market set up but I got errors when trying to install apps. I had to go into settings -> applications -> manage applications -> market, then clear cache. Also go to "google services framework" and select clear data. Then shut down and reboot your NC. Market then worked for me...

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
I decided to give this a try. It loaded up just fine, but every app i try to install gives me an error.

You need to fix the market. Here are the instructions I followed.

Nookie 668 Solutions for Market Download Errors and GTalkService is failing and gTalk cannot sign in

Solution: Note ADB is not required. You do this through the Applications Menu in Settings.

1. Clear all data and caches in Market, Google Framework, Google Login Service, Download Manager

2. Then Boot into recovery and format cache using the ROM manager

And if I misunderstood apps load fine. There are the errant apps that wont load (SD Bookmarkes for Dolphin as an example) but for the most part is as good as the Rooted BN 1.1 was.

This worked for me and everything is fine now.!!!

Bob

Last edited:

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
i know its been covered before but i am lazy :) - any quick tips on getting market without using adb?

This worked for me:

Yes, it is for a different machine, but the process is the same. Start watching around 3:15 or so :D

Last edited by a moderator:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP:

[ROM] Customized Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 CWR for eMMC Update (4/3/2011)
Changelog:
4/3/11
Status Bar and Notification window in black
No-frills CPU Control added
Added the following lines to init.rc

Code:
# sd card read speed fix write /sys/block/mmcblk0/bdi/read_ahead_kb 2048
Updated NookColor Utils and rename it Nookie-Froyo Utils
- Forced Status Bar options added
- Change density and added new densities options
- Moved Reboot to about tab
- Added Poweroff to about tab
Updated to dalingrin's 3/31/11
Cleaned up the spacing on the status bar... Icons are not jammed up against the clock
This will not touch the /data partition