[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7-105 (testing)

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012
I've installed CWM v6.0.1.2 on my S7-105 successfully.

I just replaced that /res/images/stitch.png with a smaller size (5.64 KB) file then repack img.

Jota

May 25, 2011
Jots's ROM works except for those which are not expected to work. I went back to Joenilan's a2sd Froyo to check on hw specs. Besides I could not get apps from google play under Jota's and headset is not recognized by voip apps that I use unless I re-insert headset 2 or 3 times. I am quite happy with Joenilan's Froyo Fusion a2sd wih 1GB Ext3 partition on internal SD and moved dalvik also to internal SD to leave me with nearly 156 or 157 MB of memory for apps after deleting Huawei keyboard app loaded with the ROM.

On Jota's ROM I set the screen density to 160 to avoid lcd screen density issues for apps but it did not resolve it. I am not sure if the following has anything to do with it which is missing in Jota's ROM in build.prop:

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-huawei
ro.com.google.clientidbase.ms=android-huawei
ro.com.google.clientidbase.yt=android-huawei
ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-huawei
ro.com.google.clientidbase.gmm=android-huawei
ro.com.google.clientidbase.vs=android-huawei

and

ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.2_r9

The above I found on build.prop on Froyo Fusion.
Any suggestions, mods to get apps from play store instead of incomaptibility issues welcome. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the report!

Did you try to install the apks manually? for some apps that worked for me.

I try to find info about what that build.prop lines does, but not much help.
At the moment I've reverted to 2.2.2 because I really need Skype and flash working, so I cannot test if the above lines make any difference.
If anyone wants to try...? ;)

I will not do much more development with this rom, I prefer to wait for the final CM10 stable code, because in JB (Android 4.1) you can enable the tablet mode without having to mess with Lcd density, and that is a great advantage.

fbcomp

Sep 18, 2012
Dear Jota and friends

This is my contribution as user to help anothers running this beautiful rom

About CM9

First off all I had changed memory from 160mb to 1Gb with Partition Wizard MiniTool and Link2Sd, please see how do this in XDA Forum, I dont remember link, from who understand portuguese, there is this link with instructions

Tutorial – Como usar o Link2SD / Aumente o espaço livre na memória interna de seu Android | Eu Sou Android

I solved issues with apps that you can not install from Google Play and/or not running in this Rom and suggest made as me

1 - Backup all apps before made upgrade from 2.1 or 2.2 versions, this will be saved in a folder /backups or something else

I use App Backup & Restore that is free, download it in Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.appbackup

2 - Install CM9 and Googleapps with instructions of Jota ( recovery, fastboot, etc etc)

3 - Reinstall again App Backup & Restore and restore all apps you had in your tablet

All runs very well, Adobe Flash Player, SKYPE, YOUTUBE, GPS, NAVIGATION APS, ETC, you can upgrade that from Google Play, there are not conflict now.

Only issue I have is with Netflix, old version runs but dont show image, only sound and legends and new version from Google Play doesnt runs, any idea how solve this please?

If you want , you can download mine from Dropbox, there are 55 apps, use that you want or need, ask me link PM

About CM10

I installed this Rom and need your help please

In my screen there is a circle, and to open something, as app, folder, etc, I need use two fingers, one to put circle, for example, above the app and with another circle to give Enter, I dont have idea how solve this problem, used 120, 160 and 180 DPIS and there is always same problem, can anybody help me please?

I hope that you can have a better experience with this good tablet now!

Obrigado! Thank You!

Last edited:

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
I can not the goggle play store work, I click the icon and nothing happens, I have to do, to the google play store work?
when i try to flash CM10 system.img i get an error cause the file is too big... how did u guys handle this?!?

Jota

May 25, 2011
Dear Jota and friends
This is my contribution as user to help anothers running this beautiful rom

About CM9

First off all I had changed memory from 160mb to 1Gb with Partition Wizard MiniTool and Link2Sd, please see how do this in XDA Forum, I dont remember link, from who understand portuguese, there is this link with instructions

Tutorial – Como usar o Link2SD / Aumente o espaço livre na memória interna de seu Android | Eu Sou Android

I solved issues with apps that you can not install from Google Play and/or not running in this Rom and suggest made as me

1 - Backup all apps before made upgrade from 2.1 or 2.2 versions, this will be saved in a folder /backups or something else

I use App Backup & Restore that is free, download it in Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.appbackup

2 - Install CM9 and Googleapps with instructions of Jota ( recovery, fastboot, etc etc)

3 - Reinstall again App Backup & Restore and restore all apps you had in your tablet

All runs very well, Adobe Flash Player, SKYPE, YOUTUBE, GPS, NAVIGATION APS, ETC, you can upgrade that from Google Play, there are not conflict now.

Only issue I have is with Netflix, old version runs but dont show image, only sound and legends and new version from Google Play doesnt runs, any idea how solve this please?

If you want , you can download mine from Dropbox, there are 55 apps, use that you want or need, ask me link PM

Great!
I will put a link to your post on the first page, to help others
Tip: my CM9 system.img does include Titanium Backup, you can also use it to backup/restore your apps...
Are you sure Flash work on web pages, with video streaming?
And Skype, both video and audio work?

About CM10

I installed this Rom and need your help please

In my screen there is a circle, and to open something, as app, folder, etc, I need use two fingers, one to put circle, for example, above the app and with another circle to give Enter, I dont have idea how solve this problem, used 120, 160 and 180 DPIS and there is always same problem, can anybody help me please?

S7_105/6 needs a file for the touch display, called cypress120-i2c-touchscreen.idc
once that file is in place, the touch works ok
(my cm9 rom includes that file, asturel cm10 does not include)

I plan to do a release of CM10 next week, with all the fixes included, if you want to wait... ;)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012
I prefer to wait for the final CM10 stable code, because in JB (Android 4.1) you can enable the tablet mode without having to mess with Lcd density, and that is a great advantage.

Is there any way to make the button size of navigation bar of CM10 to be like CM9?

CM9 (Lcd density is 128)

Rjzy9.jpg

CM10 (Lcd density is 120, smallestwidthdp=768 or 720, and forcetabletui=1)

dt69k.jpg

I plan to do a release of CM10 next week, with all the fixes included, if you want to wait...
wink.png

YouTube app can't play HD format like 2.2.2 in CM9/CM10, will it be fixed? Thanks.

Last edited:

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
Xvon said:
Is there any way to make the button size of navigation bar of CM10 to be like CM9?

CM9 (Lcd density is 128)

CM10 (Lcd density is 120, smallestwidthdp=768 or 720, and forcetabletui=1)

YouTube app can't play HD format like 2.2.2 in CM9/CM10, will it be fixed? Thanks.

Youtube app cant play HD because there are no HW decode drivers for S7(slim or fat) beyond froyo..so in CM9 and CM10 astruel has make it to do with CPY ..S7 cpy can handle 360P and 480P but cant 720P(HW drivers could play 720p mp4 smaler then 2500kbs which was just enough for youtube)..with out HW decoder library drivers by hyawai witch are closed source its imposibile to fix..so if you ask me always buy a sony or Nexus tablet or phone ..they are only one who put source for librarys on the internet..other want give you like its top secret..they dont give you updated software and even want give you f...library source for crapy camera and crapy decoder..so only way to punish them is to never ever buy their product again.

Last edited:

kaysun

Feb 28, 2012
Hi, thanks for the report!

Did you try to install the apks manually? for some apps that worked for me.

I try to find info about what that build.prop lines does, but not much help.

Hi, don't even try with those lines. They just do not help. I have tried other options like varying lcd density in addition to including those lines in build.prop but came up with the same thing. No clue what they do except the last one "gmsversion" is for embedded market...may be something to do with vending apk.

Yes I had downloaded apks via browsers to install. They all work fine, no glitch except for audio headset on voip apps. No idea why as Apollo plays without any problem. Good luck to you for your CM10 ROM. Meanwhile let me scratch some more on GSF which has been mentioned in another forum to fool google play with a modded apk. I am not 100% sure if it is only lcd density to do with but I would like to eliminate that for sure.

I too did the same way with your ROM as done by fbcomp. Since I came from a2sd I already had the partition of 1GB. Only thing I did not do is to take backup. Let me try that as well.

Update:

Apparently the only application for lcd density setting which says it can fix market incompatibility issue seems to have the trick up the sleeve. Only thing is it is a paid app :(. Google it. I tried with 160dpi and said most of the CM ROMs support init.d - "the clue" as to where to look for such an issue. Only hitch with 160 is that I lost soft buttons in the bottom and so will try 120 too. Did not install any modded files mentioned therein but tried ICS option just to check and on pressing menu under google play I saw first time "My Apps"!. Checked out few apps which were notified as incompatible and all are compatible now!

Last edited:

kaysun

Feb 28, 2012
I wish the posts by individuals carry an s after S7 to identify if it has been tested working on Slim and simple S7 for the FAT.

Hi, if you are referring to this forum this is meant for S7-10x not for slim. I did post a similar message sometime back in another forum for slim which was chaotic. Now it has been very clearly addressed as slim forum.

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012
Youtube app cant play HD because there are no HW decode drivers for S7(slim or fat) beyond froyo..so in CM9 and CM10 astruel has make it to do with CPY ..S7 cpy can handle 360P and 480P but cant 720P(HW drivers could play 720p mp4 smaler then 2500kbs which was just enough for youtube)..with out HW decoder library drivers by hyawai witch are closed source its imposibile to fix..so if you ask me always buy a sony or Nexus tablet or phone ..they are only one who put source for librarys on the internet..other want give you like its top secret..they dont give you updated software and even want give you f...library source for crapy camera and crapy decoder..so only way to punish them is to never ever buy their product again.

Thanks for explaining the HW decoder for S7. Is it only used for S7(FAT/SLIM) or other some devices also by Huawei? Any chance to use HW decoder from other devices by Huawei on S7?

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
Xvon said:
Thanks for explaining the HW decoder for S7. Is it only used for S7(FAT/SLIM) or other some devices also by Huawei? Any chance to use HW decoder from other devices by Huawei on S7?

No in 99% ..you need source for library..you cant just copy paste files in 99% of case..i have samsung galaxy player 5.0 witch has user base 100 times more then S7 and have CM9 for 10 months but they still dont have hw decoder in ics roms..but for me it is not big deal at all ,S7 dont have HD screen so you cant see that hd one way or the other and 360p videos are more fluid on cpy decoding then hw of s7 witch has some limitation..and cm10 is more efficent in cpy decoding then cm9..like 20-30%.

Last edited:

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012
I'd like to ask another question, some apps for playing TV streaming just only sound but no video in CM9/CM10 on S7, it also relates without HW decoder?