[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
gabbek said:
Can you upgrade to a newer version without wipe?
I have no Google account after doing it. :(

How should we upgrade?

This is how i do..backup all app and setting with titanium backup ..you need to have wipe all when you flash or you will have some problems ..and then just install again titanium backup(i dont even need to install besause i copy to the rom before flashing) go to batch and click restore all mising apps.

HrBingR

Sep 18, 2012
Thanks for your info I finally got the tablet ui to work :) :)

It's only a pleasure my friend :) took me a good few tries :p but it's worth it. I find CM9 to be more stable though.. Still need a real in-depth tutorial on the wifi hotspot thing.

Anyways, enjoy your new awesome tablet UI!! :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
I was thinkig that maybe its restarting because your new kernel has 8 different fq and default on android is 5..maybe i am wrong

HrBingR

Sep 18, 2012
Nevermind, finally got my wifi to work, and only my bb can't find it, but the ipad works fine :)

Asturel, what has changed in CM10 since 09/15? The changelog hasn't been updated since then.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012
are u complety sure that it was the kernel? (e.g. did u tried the stock rom with the an older kernel? or vice versa?)

When I use stock 2.2.2 firmware on my S7-105, there is not noise issue after playing sound,
but I tried changing the kernel with this "Ideos_S7_Froyo-v1.3-EXT4-SA" by joenilan (for its EXT4 support feature),
that noise issue appear agian, so I think that is relate with kernel maybe.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
i tried to write to huawei to ask for the audio fix (may the give it out, since they released the kernel source too), and i was unable to reach them.. Contact Us - Huawei Device Co., Ltd.. contionusly says '
Please select a country',
yeah, i tried all of options without luck.. and didnt found any other contact to them :D
btw. the recently builds doesnt rly contains any device related update, just the cm's patches (u can check those at r.cyanogenmod.com)

dzoking: i want to say that, it boots at 998 mhz, if u dont change it with app it stays at 998 mhz, that's why i said go to recoverymode and delete /data/data/*setcpu* folder if u checked the 'set on boot' option (or whatever app did u used)

kefir1992

Sep 6, 2012
I have a very strange problem. After my battery has runned off, Android is asking me for password after booting... My system is CM9. My Google account password isn't working... I see that for the first time...

SOLVED: it was my SD card, it's very strange anyway... I'm using it for almost a year and haven't got any problems like that... Whatever... Working now :)

Last edited:

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
dzoking: i want to say that, it boots at 998 mhz, if u dont change it with app it stays at 998 mhz, that's why i said go to recoverymode and delete /data/data/*setcpu* folder if u checked the 'set on boot' option (or whatever app did u used)

whell its not boot at 998 ,i try and that version from 18.9. i wipe all including all apps and flash fresh and tru 50 times to get to settigs screen and finaly got there and it sad in performance menu that is 1113 ,then after 50 more restarts i instaled setcpu and lower fq to 1030 and it all worked well for hours until i decide to reboot..and offcourse it did not want to boot because it boots on 1113 and then when setcpu is loaded on startup it lowers to 1030 but it restarts before that in 9 of 10 times..

You maybe have some newer cpy then mine so it work whell for you ,my samsung galagy player is same on 1 ghz but i use it on 1.5 ghz no problem with just little more voltage. If you have time just compile me a kernel with max cpy of 1.03 or 1.05.

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
whell its not boot at 998 ,i try and that version from 18.9. i wipe all including all apps and flash fresh and tru 50 times to get to settigs screen and finaly got there and it sad in performance menu that is 1113 ,then after 50 more restarts i instaled setcpu and lower fq to 1030 and it all worked well for hours until i decide to reboot..and offcourse it did not want to boot because it boots on 1113 and then when setcpu is loaded on startup it lowers to 1030 but it restarts before that in 9 of 10 times..

You maybe have some newer cpy then mine so it work whell for you ,my samsung galagy player is same on 1 ghz but i use it on 1.5 ghz no problem with just little more voltage. If you have time just compile me a kernel with max cpy of 1.03 or 1.05.

could u try this? Goo.im Downloads - Browsing cm10_testing (just with fastboot boot boot.img)

edit.: boot2.img limits the freq in init.rc on boot

Last edited: