[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

lzzmn

Sep 29, 2011
bug report:
Version:cm-10-20120919-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip;
device: s7-slim (201U)
problem: enable wifi, disable wifi, then if I want to enable wifi again, the status keep "openning" until reboot. BT has the same problem. In fact, all the cm10 version has the problem.

There is a guy also report this problem in this thread.

lzzmn

Sep 29, 2011
similar problem found on my device, but not turnning off, just hard to trunning on.

First of all I wanna thanks to asturel and other ppl who contributed to this rom.
I have S7 slim with CM10 asturel version from 15.09. Everything is working quite fast and without problems except one. Problem is with WiFi, when tablet go into sleep mode WiFi is going to turn off but it doesnt shut down. Only loop where it says in settings "wifi is turning off". Neither its turning on after wakeup, only reboot helps to activate wifi again. Does anybody have same problem and have solution? Thanks in advance
Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk 2

LBJWDEBSH

Oct 13, 2011
Try this:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...yanogenmod-9-s7-slim-alpha-36.html#post238668

@asturel: Is there any reason why we can't simply update to a new version _without_ wipe? It would be much easier.
Anyway: Nice work! Thank you for your efforts. Köszi!

thanks to your answer gabek..

k i'll try to flash cm10 using recovery

i wipe the data,the cache and dalvik cache

i go to install zip from sd card

choose zip from sd card

i choose cm-10 astruel.zip

but it did not install there a eror

can i use this im using s7 slim 201w

thanks for ur answer

here's the error:
installing update....

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="s7" getprop("ro.build.product')=="s7"

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10-20120919-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-astruel.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted..

please help!!

Last edited:

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
LBJWDEBSH said:
thanks to your answer gabek..

k i'll try to flash cm10 using recovery

i wipe the data,the cache and dalvik cache

i go to install zip from sd card

choose zip from sd card

i choose cm-10 astruel.zip

but it did not install there a eror

can i use this im using s7 slim 201w

thanks for ur answer

here's the error:
installing update....

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")=="s7" getprop("ro.build.product')=="s7"

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10-20120919-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-astruel.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted..

please help!!

You instaled wrong recovery ..you installed one from trizet mod and in that tutorial it is clearly sad that you overwrite it with new one from asturel..

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
@goodane
I have ideos s7 fat 104.. can use cm10 from asturel? or help me step by step upgrade from u

tks

Well the answer is yes.
But you have to know a few things about cm10 on 104.
1 no camera
2 no bt
3 little kracks noise becouse of the kernel.
4 no usb mass storage to pc under tablet UI(on phone UI is OK)
5 little instability of flash player(not officially supported on JB)

The rest is good and fast.

What do you need:
1 boot.img for s7 104 cm10 link: http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/3873034/file.html
2 cm10 build by @asturel (you need to replace boot.img with the one for your device in cm10.zip)
3 phone and wifi fix for s7 104 link: http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/72839249/file.html

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Last edited:

LBJWDEBSH

Oct 13, 2011
You instaled wrong recovery ..you installed one from trizet mod and in that tutorial it is clearly sad that you overwrite it with new one from asturel..

so i'll install the trizet mod first then the cm10 ryt??

im confused

because now im on stock froyo...

cak_arief

Mar 7, 2012
@goodoane

Tks ur answer, i will try to my ideos s7 104

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim rom trizet using Tapatalk 2

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012
The tablet ui:

On my S7 Slim maked under the guidance of asturel the following:

adb pull /system/build.prop

Edit the build.prop:

smallestScreenWidthDp=0

forcetabletUI=0

to

smallestScreenWidthDp=721
forcetabletUI=1

adb push build.prop /sdcard/ && adb remount rw && adb shell "cat /sdcard/build.prop > /system/build.prop && reboot"

View attachment 8179

I found that top of navigation bar has more black border, is it a bug or not?

Last edited:

Timeline

Jan 6, 2012

few words about the wifi:

seems like s7 201 has bcm4319 (instead of bcm4329) which isnt open source like bcm4329, so i wont able to update the wifi driver+firmware (thanks huawei), we have to stick the prebuilded one, so all wifi issues will exsits on cm9/cm10 too!

usb charging:
the device is charging on usb too, just the android firmware doesnt pick up the charger change event from the usb (so it did not recognize the charging state)

About the wifi, whether the same type used in wifi Huawei MediaPad with s7 slim? Check this web, maybe can help. https://github.com/aftersilence/and...300u_proprietary/tree/jb/proprietary/etc/wifi Source from xda forum. here for mediapad CM9, [CM9][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 9 for Huawei Mediapad [Updated 15.08] - xda-developers and here for mediapad CM10, [CM10][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 for Huawei Mediapad [Updated 09.09.2012] - xda-developers

PS. By the way if anyone fluent watching flash videos from websites? Like video live stream from cnbc.com or etc and youtube.com viewing from website on android browser. Flash ads certainly good but flash video is still a big problem for me. please help what is suitable browser and what's good flash player version. I've used flash player all versions including the latest version 11.1.115.17 and any browser for android that support Enable Plug-Ins, but the results are worth it. Thank you all, especially for asturel please help me for the sake of our users Huawei Ideos S7 Slim or Fat, just take fitness course that looks so good. LOL .... Cheers :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Timeline

Jan 6, 2012
so i'll install the trizet mod first then the cm10 ryt??

im confused

because now im on stock froyo...

1. download recovery from asturel at page 1, overwrite this file with one of trizet recovery in folder that you have save before on computer
2. turn on your s7 slim with press power button+volume up then you go to bootloader screen
3. type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and fastboot reboot
4. you can install asturel rom and gapps in recovery screen after that. for instruction and how to install and other problems, see every page of this thread. Good luck. :cool:

alien302

Oct 17, 2011
About the wifi, whether the same type used in wifi Huawei MediaPad with s7 slim? Check this web, maybe can help. https://github.com/aftersilence/and...300u_proprietary/tree/jb/proprietary/etc/wifi Source from xda forum. here for mediapad CM9, [CM9][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 9 for Huawei Mediapad [Updated 15.08] - xda-developers and here for mediapad CM10, [CM10][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 for Huawei Mediapad [Updated 09.09.2012] - xda-developers

PS. By the way if anyone fluent watching flash videos from websites? Like video live stream from cnbc.com or etc and youtube.com viewing from website on android browser. Flash ads certainly good but flash video is still a big problem for me. please help what is suitable browser and what's good flash player version. I've used flash player all versions including the latest version 11.1.115.17 and any browser for android that support Enable Plug-Ins, but the results are worth it. Thank you all, especially for asturel please help me for the sake of our users Huawei Ideos S7 Slim or Fat, just take fitness course that looks so good. LOL .... Cheers :rolleyes:

Here are links for bcm4319 , dont know if they will help
CM-A510: Linux: Debian - Wiki

https://github.com/xndcn/veer-wifi-helper
:)

alien302

Oct 17, 2011
Hi Asturel
you asked for feedback on the wifi and your latest build cm-10-20120921_3-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip
the problem still seems to be there ie(if u turn on wifi , then turn off wifi then try turn it on again)
I dont have this problem in your latest cm9 build.

thanks for sharing your work :)

Last edited:

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
[/COLOR]PLEASE DONT WRITE HERE ABOUT OTHER S7 MODELS, THERE IS A TOPIC FOR THESE TOO! THANKS
AND DO NOT REPORT BUGS FROM OTHER HARDWARES, SINCE I DID NOT OWN THOSE DEVICES I CANT DO ANYTHING!
THIS THREAD IS FOR S7 SLIM ONLY, IM GLAD THAT SOMEBODY MADE THE ROM WORK ON OTHER S7 DEVICES, BUT THE SUPPORT FOR THAT ISNT HERE!

I am try to apologize for writing in this section since begining. You are absolutely right and I understand you very well. I think that are more people that own the old s7 and seeing your nice progress with s7slim get some hope that good times are coming for them too. Please try to forgive us for asking and pushing you to solve things on a device that you don't own. Personally I just try to replicate what you have done for s7slim for my s7 and is partially work like yours. I did write here mostly about technically problems and did some responses to other, the reason to use this topic for my question was of course YOU and I still have hope to get some answers to my questions if your time will permit that.
Thank you.
Apologise one more time.
YOU=master developer
P.S.
Have you tried the hybrid patches for tablet ui?...

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
I am try to apologize for writing in this section since begining. You are absolutely right and I understand you very well. I think that are more people that own the old s7 and seeing your nice progress with s7slim get some hope that good times are coming for them too. Please try to forgive us for asking and pushing you to solve things on a device that you don't own. Personally I just try to replicate what you have done for s7slim for my s7 and is partially work like yours. I did write here mostly about technically problems and did some responses to other, the reason to use this topic for my question was of course YOU and I still have hope to get some answers to my questions if your time will permit that.
Thank you.
Apologise one more time.
YOU=master developer
P.S.
Have you tried the hybrid patches for tablet ui?...

it wasnt for u, what's those hybrid patches?
i turned on off wifi like 1000x times, after sleep, before sleep, etc, cant make it to reboot, could someone describe exactly the steps?