[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

extremez3r0

Oct 13, 2012
Asturel, I found a little bug.

When enable the "Patter Screen Lock", the patter come bigger than screen, causing a semi-impossible unlock if you use the 3 bullets of last row.

Something like this:
$Foto0312.jpg

And my sdcard is not "recognized" too, example: when i try use the "Gallery Image" shows: "SD NOT FOUND" or something like this hauahuhaha
One more time, thanks for your great job :)

silvamichael

Feb 29, 2012
updated, could u check again? (dont have sdcard around here)

Hello asturel, i've tested the new touch recovery, everytime i use the mount usb, it always mounts the SD card even i've selected the internal storage. It always mounts the external storage (SD card)...

syidisma

Oct 19, 2012
hi there..

here from Malaysia...

i just test the latest pa_s7-2.16-01OCT2012-225810.zip and gapps (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip) for this 2 days and below its what i got...

- its the fast,fast,fast rom, surfing internet also really2 better than stock. i can call it the best among the best...haha

but,

- sometimes, the tablet will hang for a while and back to normal again..after that, the problem will come like.......

cannot enable WIFI and bluetooth

MOBILE DATA not running (3g/HSPDA) and also cannot enter "access point name"

suddenly no sound in everything (ringtone/MP3/video) even the VOLUME is set to loud

GPS was good in papago, but i cannot use Free GPS Navigation with Turn by Turn - Waze .... also, when "check in" via Facebook app, it cannot send the current location and FB app prompt "GPS is turn off".. same like MAPS app will ask to enable GPS whereas the GPS was turn on!

sometimes, it will prompt "sory. MAPS is crash"

default browser cannot play youtube video

rotation was not function (small problem coz i can use any rotation app to rotate the screen)

no light at 3 softkey button (edit the brightness will turn on the light but when i lock and unlock screen, the light will turn off again.

i just use this rom for 2 days and the hang issue im facing about 3 4 times. need the expert to give me some advised.. :(

anyway, the rest of this rom is the the best rom i ever had!

salute to the developer and the genius!

keep the S7 slim more perfect... adn really sory for my really2 bad english...hahaha ;)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
syidisma said:
hi there..

here from Malaysia...

i just test the latest pa_s7-2.16-01OCT2012-225810.zip and gapps (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip) for this 2 days and below its what i got...

- its the fast,fast,fast rom, surfing internet also really2 better than stock. i can call it the best among the best...haha

but,

- sometimes, the tablet will hang for a while and back to normal again..after that, the problem will come like.......

cannot enable WIFI and bluetooth

MOBILE DATA not running (3g/HSPDA) and also cannot enter "access point name"

suddenly no sound in everything (ringtone/MP3/video) even the VOLUME is set to loud

GPS was good in papago, but i cannot use Free GPS Navigation with Turn by Turn - Waze .... also, when "check in" via Facebook app, it cannot send the current location and FB app prompt "GPS is turn off".. same like MAPS app will ask to enable GPS whereas the GPS was turn on!

sometimes, it will prompt "sory. MAPS is crash"

default browser cannot play youtube video

rotation was not function (small problem coz i can use any rotation app to rotate the screen)

no light at 3 softkey button (edit the brightness will turn on the light but when i lock and unlock screen, the light will turn off again.

i just use this rom for 2 days and the hang issue im facing about 3 4 times. need the expert to give me some advised.. :(

anyway, the rest of this rom is the the best rom i ever had!

salute to the developer and the genius!

keep the S7 slim more perfect... adn really sory for my really2 bad english...hahaha ;)

For version with rotation fix download here
http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/38088368/file.html

3G and GPS works perfect so you probably did not install correctly ,default browser PLAYS youtube videos but you need to have a right flash version ,i found that 11.1-111115012 works best for me and 2 turn on plugins in settings.

Hardware Key buttons are lighted when you change brightnes or just long press navigation bar ,but i found soft buttons better in tablet mode.

For WiFi solution is NEVER turn it off ,you will have almost same battery life because when screen is off and wifi is not used system put it to sleep.

extremez3r0

Oct 13, 2012
Hello all,

I'm testing this rom.

Really, this is the fastest rom that i see.

My Youtube works perfect.

When tablet sleep the wifi crash and do not can be turned on. But you've said the solution for this.

I tried to find the file you asked for but it does not exist on my tablet.

I used the command "find /-name recovery.log"

But I made some changes to / etc / vold.fstab and I will test now. Tomorrow I send if it worked or not.

Thanks asturel and dzonikg

Good night.

Timeline

Jan 6, 2012
Hello all,

I'm testing this rom.

Really, this is the fastest rom that i see.

My Youtube works perfect.

When tablet sleep the wifi crash and do not can be turned on. But you've said the solution for this.

I tried to find the file you asked for but it does not exist on my tablet.

I used the command "find /-name recovery.log"

But I made some changes to / etc / vold.fstab and I will test now. Tomorrow I send if it worked or not.

Thanks asturel and dzonikg

Good night.

Hello. What's ROM version you've tested? Did you mean open you tube from web browser or YouTube apps? You should try YouTube from web or try video live streaming. What browser you try it and flash player version? Do you make it work play better or your browser get in crash?

syidisma

Oct 19, 2012
thank you very much dzonikg for your support...

just want you to make sure that im flashing in the right way.

im using CMW-based recovery v6.0.1.4, wipe everything, choose zip from external SD card (pa_s7-2.16-01OCT2012-225810.zip), wipe everything again, install gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, reboot....

i just dont know whats wrong on my tablet.. :(

Last edited:

extremez3r0

Oct 13, 2012
recovery.log: http://pastebin.com/gRvGHt0D

:) Hope it be helpfull to us :)

I've edited my fstab to this:
## Example of specifying a specific partition for mounts
# dev_mount sdcard /sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0
dev_mount udisk /storage/pendrive auto /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host.0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/

And my tablet don't boot anymore hauhauhruh, but recovery and fastboot still working :)

I'm Downloading the 20121018 rom, and will test. Asturel, you can give a change log? Is easyer test and help with it :) Thanks.

Last edited:

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
recovery.log: [CSS] Starting TWRP 2.3.0.2 on Sat Oct 20 14:32:42 2012 I:Internal path defined: '/sd - Pastebin.com

:) Hope it be helpfull to us :)

I've edited my fstab to this:

And my tablet don't boot anymore hauhauhruh, but recovery and fastboot still working :)

I'm Downloading the 20121018 rom, and will test. Asturel, you can give a change log? Is easyer test and help with it :) Thanks.

http://goo.im/changelog/38413

next time just click to '(view file changelog)' i wont link everytime

Last edited:

extremez3r0

Oct 13, 2012
Asturel, i'm downloading to test 20121019.

Have something that we cand do to help you? Something to read, something to test, program, configure,... I'm w8 4 your orders :p hahah

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
Last edited:
Sep 24, 2012
i just realize that the left speaker is not working. am using pa released on oct 18.....something got to do with the rom or my slim is just broken....need you to confirm this...thanks