[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
kefir1992 said:
I think it's doing it without my permission, but I'll try it at home

---------------------

Tried and same thing...
I've even installed old CWM (2.5.something) and formatted /system, /data, /cache and Dalvik cache, the same problem...
Then you have some other model that is not compatibile with that recovery.

kefir1992

Sep 6, 2012
Under battery I have S7-201u.
Uploaded video post ago.
Maybe You can upload Your system.img?

Last edited:

lzzmn

Sep 29, 2011
Hi asturel,

You almost did a perfect work. I have tried for several days. It runs fluently.
Please don't stop sharing your achivement.
Do not care about bad words from those kids. If you care, then you are also a kids.

Try to image, if you have a fall on the road, will you stop walking on the road?

Be mature. We appreciate your efforts.

What's more, as a Chinese, I am shame of the vendor, HUAWEI.

Thanks.

Hi,
I have been working in a few days to get cm9 work on our tablet, my english is very poor so I just wrote down what /not/works
I dont know that is there any difference between s7 slim devices (I own an hungarian device)

I will not continue publishing the rom, due to the low interests and I also get lot of offences and I did not want those.
http://www.asturel.hu/cm9_s7/

WORKING:
  • Mobile data
  • WiFi
  • HW acceleration
  • Sensors (light, accelerometer, magnet, temp)
  • Audio
  • ADB/SD functions
  • recovery (probably all functions)
  • CIFS/SMB/NFS mount
  • Network usage stats
  • Battery usage stats

NOT! Working:
  • BT (probably, too lazy to cary about it)
  • HDMI (I dont have hdmi capable device, neither cable, so..) -- MAY WORK
  • Camera (probably never will)
  • Wifi signal indicator (dont know why, always shows 0/5) -- FIXED
  • Tethering (might have chance to work)
  • Phone functions (?, call can started, but since mic doesnt works..) -- FIXED

DONT FORGET TO WIPE ! NO WIPE NO SHINE !

USE AT OWN RISK, I'm not responsible if you burn your house/face/etc down
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL ROM, SO DON'T BOTHER CM DEVS WITH THIS!

Latest google apps:Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki (install from recovery)
mirror1: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
mirror2: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

P.S.: CPU runs at 998Mhz
any advice/support/etc is welcome

btw.: the system may in hungarian by default, u change it in build.prop or
Menu -> Rendszerbeállítások-> Nyelv és bevitel -> Nyelv

tlmax

Sep 5, 2012
If anyone can post a post about How to install this ROM correctly in S7 slim & S7... It will be a great help to the people who new to this things like Flashing, Installing ROM's etc..

luisrene88

Sep 1, 2012
somebody are developing a rom for the huawei s7??
somebody have problems installing this rom on your s7 slim? the first is install the new clock word mod recovery from asturel, because the ols clock word mod no work with ics, i install the new cwm from ere preparing for the new rom (if something are developing it:D)

asturel thanks for open the chance to have a new android SO for us. we hope coming soon.

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
tlmax said:
If anyone can post a post about How to install this ROM correctly in S7 slim & S7... It will be a great help to the people who new to this things like Flashing, Installing ROM's etc..

There is milions of tutorials on internet how to install roms,i dont like 2 that on every page of every rom someone comes and ask to write him new tutorial even its the same for every rom.Someone spends 100 hours developing some rom just to explain everyone how to install rom because they are lazy 2 read one of 100000 tutorials on the internet.

If you want eaisyest just take from this rom

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37317 and owerwrite recovery.img with ics recovery and install recovery and all like in that thread.

If anyone want google now for this rom flash this http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?17ya1127777lkt6 and then install the accompanying .apk file. http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1268536&stc=1&d=1345321278

But google now uses a lot of ram memory and for me its nothing special

Last edited:

kefir1992

Sep 6, 2012
Hi, I have problem installing this rom. When I'm booting in recovery, recovery starts up and on start - it's doing something (clearing my /data) and rebooting. Anyone can help me? Maybe I have to rename the .zip pack?

Solved it - ADB was turned off ;) Thank You for helping me ;)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
anyone can tell me which bt chip uses this device? cant get it work. (i thought its brcom but now im not sure)
btw i trying to port cm10 now, it boot up but a bit slow. and have some issue.
Index of /cm9_s7/ - some minor fixes, kernel fixes, nothing rly new. any suggestion/idea is welcome.

Happy that you have back..just ignore the idiots.

I search all the net and found nothing ,maybe there is somewhere writen in original rom..in wifi folder on top of config files its all say broadcom..i dont belive that they would buy separetly from different company.
Can you upload CM10..i would like to try it.

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
Happy that you have back..just ignore the idiots.

I search all the net and found nothing ,maybe there is somewhere writen in original rom..in wifi folder on top of config files its all say broadcom..i dont belive that they would buy separetly from different company.

they have modified brcm wifi too.. so i wouldnt be suprised if they do the same with bt (something in wifi init, cant get the stock kernel's wifi driver to work, have to stick w/ prebuilded dhd.ko, which means cant get newer fw -> no combo scan, no newer wpa supplicant, etc..) tried the original brcm_patchram_plus but it didnt worked, but the init.bt.sh sets up the things for qcom bt..
anyway cm10 provides much better 7" tablet support (phablet), just have to get it work right

Jota

May 25, 2011
anyone can tell me which bt chip uses this device? cant get it work. (i thought its brcom but now im not sure)

Hi asturel!

The S7_105 uses the Broadcom BCM4329 (802.11n and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR)

Did you abandon the idea of build a rom for the s7_10x series ??
(most work is just recompile the kernel, I think)

Thanks!

Last edited:

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
asturel said:
they have modified brcm wifi too.. so i wouldnt be suprised if they do the same with bt (something in wifi init, cant get the stock kernel's wifi driver to work, have to stick w/ prebuilded dhd.ko, which means cant get newer fw -> no combo scan, no newer wpa supplicant, etc..) tried the original brcm_patchram_plus but it didnt worked, but the init.bt.sh sets up the things for qcom bt..
anyway cm10 provides much better 7" tablet support (phablet), just have to get it work right

I thing this was on original S7 so maybe its on slim 2 www.broadcom.com/products/Bluetooth/Bluetooth-RF-Silicon-and-Software-Solutions/BCM4329

Can you upload it no matter is still with lot of errors.

Also must say that with your rom my battery lasts 50% longer surfing the net on interactivex ..I use it in tablet mode in portrait ..128 dpi and fonts set to big.

Last edited:

alien302

Oct 17, 2011
Index of /cm9_s7/ - some minor fixes, kernel fixes, nothing rly new. any suggestion/idea is welcome.

Asturel happy to see you are back :)

jkomuves

Oct 23, 2011

I found in PFC_V6.zip (2.2) ROM under /etc 2 files: init.brcr.bt.sh and init.bt.sh You find its https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f0cb8jozov8ffuh/S_M58fORO6 . Can it help for You? (Sorry for my bad english.)