-ROM- D2_711 (512MB Model)

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Yep, if you try to manually sync calendar and some other google services it says "unfortunately, the process com.googleprocess.gapps has stopped".
I fixed this by flashing in gapps-ics20120429-signed.zip. You can't flash it over installed ROM with user data. It will have to be a clean install. back up anything you can't afford to loose.

Fix Calendar

put gapps-ics20120429-signed.zip (the one for CyanogenMod 9.0.x) on you SD card from here Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps
boot into custom recovery mode factory data reset and then wipe cache
instal zip from SD
Flash the ROM for your device
Right after ROM installs (before booting to system) flash gapps-ics20120429-signed.zip
After booting to system (and connecting wifi) I went into system settings>accounts&sync then select add account top right corner then choose Google. My calendar, gmail, contacts sync perfectly and Google market updates.

Google Chrome crash is because the DPI needs to be 160. Goto market and get app "resolution change / Density" it worked best of a few I tried https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tYXJ1dGlhbi5kcGljaGFuZ2VyIl0.
If there is to be any ROM updates could please reset default DPI to 160? but manually changing DPI it is easy enough.

both incorporated in v2.1
-new version check op

csader

Dec 26, 2012
-new version check op

Thanks myfishbear. Any idea why my touchscreen wouldn't be working on a D2-711_BK after flashing this rom? Since there isn't a LiveSuit img released, I can't flash back to stock either....so I'm kinda stuck right now.

Thanks in advance!

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Thanks myfishbear. Any idea why my touchscreen wouldn't be working on a D2-711_BK after flashing this rom? Since there isn't a LiveSuit img released, I can't flash back to stock either....so I'm kinda stuck right now.

Thanks in advance!

whats your serial

mstech

Dec 19, 2012
-new version check op
Flashed just v2.1 for SN D21209 to test TY
added my google account, waited for contacts and calendar to sync (takes a few minutes). Everything syncs just fine.

TY for the 160DPI less issues with games and apps crashing. Chrome works

mstech

Dec 19, 2012
Tried that rom with a couple of different microSD cards now, and I keep getting the following message:

"E:Can't open /sdcard/d2Rom v2.1 for d2_711 D201212xxxxxxx.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted."

:(

csader you stated your serial started with d201209 few posts ago

here is stock backup clockworkmod of d201209 I have restored to stock from this file. download, unzip and place clockworkmod file strait on SDcard. From recovery navigate to restore and that clockworkmod file. after returning to stock screen should be working.
let me know if link works
http://ubuntuone.com/4I7vPfmK9XpsuEQmJuGvhs

csader

Dec 26, 2012
csader you stated your serial started with d201209 few posts ago

here is stock backup clockworkmod of d201209 I have restored to stock from this file. download, unzip and place clockworkmod file strait on SDcard. From recovery navigate to restore and that clockworkmod file. after returning to stock screen should be working.
let me know if link works
http://ubuntuone.com/4I7vPfmK9XpsuEQmJuGvhs

Thanks mstech, but that didn't work either.

I keep getting an "Error while restoring /system!" message

csader

Dec 26, 2012
Any ideas? Appreciate the help I've gotten so far, but I haven't been able to figure this touchscreen issue out.

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Any ideas? Appreciate the help I've gotten so far, but I haven't been able to figure this touchscreen issue out.
you got to reflash cwr with the verson for 9 tabs. and try redlownload the zip on another comp/ browser it may be corrupt