-ROM- D2_711 (512MB Model)

Dec 18, 2012
Fishbear, can you tell me what was changed from D2_711 V8 rom to version 2.1?

And how do I install the 160 dpi patch?

Last edited:

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
Still stuck like this. Its ok for now but if my kids want a few more apps then I am in trouble!
Yeah, that's how I figured it out. But on a happy note I found the backup that myfishbear's scripts made of my original when I was looking through root explorer.

Myfishbear I was also wondering what the changes where from your first version of drom for 201209 and version 2.1? I asked a while back, but I guess you didn't see it. Thanks

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, that's how I figured it out. But on a happy note I found the backup that myfishbear's scripts made of my original when I was looking through root explorer.

Myfishbear I was also wondering what the changes where from your first version of drom for 201209 and version 2.1? I asked a while back, but I guess you didn't see it. Thanks

post your backup i want to check it out.... there are alot of changes to that verson... been a while and forgot what i did lol

Dec 18, 2012
Install it the same way I install a rom? Choose install zip from sdcard? And about that backup the script made for minnemike81, Unfortunately I cannot go back to original because I accidently deleted it. Hopefully Myfishbear can figure things out.

csader

Dec 26, 2012
Yeah, this didn't work either. Still no touchscreen.

I also tried re-downloading mstech's Clockworkmod backup and restoring it, but that keeps failing with the "Error while restoring /system!" message.

Any other ideas?

So I guess I'm SOL myfishbear?

mstech

Dec 19, 2012
So I guess I'm SOL myfishbear?

What color is yours? I just picked up a couple more that just came in. I notice different build numbers from the blue and the black stock are different. Also notice that the factory screen cover they put on build number of one , the peal tab is in a different spot from build number of another. Just noticing differences maybe something will help. Get back to me on color. I have stock from three different colors. also note, if you remember, the pull tabs for screen cover were on the button side or the long side. This might make me think that it could be manufatured diffeent places or posibly different screens which is not uncommon.

Last edited:

csader

Dec 26, 2012
What color is yours? I just picked up a couple more that just came in. I notice different build numbers from the blue and the black stock are different. Also notice that the factory screen cover they put on build number of one , the peal tab is in a different spot from build number of another. Just noticing differences maybe something will help. Get back to me on color. I have stock from three different colors. also note, if you remember, the pull tabs for screen cover were on the button side or the long side. This might make me think that it could be manufatured diffeent places or posibly different screens which is not uncommon.

It's black. I dont remember what the pull tab location was, unfortunately...

minnemike81

Dec 7, 2012
post your backup i want to check it out.... there are alot of changes to that verson... been a while and forgot what i did lol
Sorry I haven't posted it yet Myfishbear, I'm past my internet limit this month and it starts over again on the 13th! Did you want the script backup of my original rom, your first D2_711 rom, or both?

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Sorry I haven't posted it yet Myfishbear, I'm past my internet limit this month and it starts over again on the 13th! Did you want the script backup of my original rom, your first D2_711 rom, or both?
orignal rom. along with your system.img if u have it.

dplay

Jan 12, 2013
Hi Myfishbear,

After I installed the ROM in recovery mode, it stay on the 'd2' image forever. So I tried to run adb shell, it said sh not available. I thought it was because I formatted system in the recovery menu. I 'adb push' the system folder. Now it's in a loop boot, showing the android icon and d2 image. Run 'adb shell ls' said permission not allowed.

I also tried livesuit, it cannot find the device (driver installed successfully).

Any idea to bring it back to life? Thanks

EDIT: resolved. For some reason, I want to try livesuit one more time. But this time I only press the vol+ button didn't follow the 'press power 8 to 9 times', it went to the CMW menu! so I can install your ROM. :D Success!

Thank you for your great ROM!

Last edited:

web2surf

Jan 26, 2013
NOOB Here:
Has anybody done work with:
D2-711_pk
s/n = d201212pk
I think this is now A13 based?
Kernal 3.0.8+ Dec 14
Build 86v2-aa-h1-h01-2704.20121029

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
I don't understand why y'all run stock when fish bear has ROMs for the 08 and 711, I have drom for the 09+ and vampirefo has cm9 and thunderbolt.

halfwaygone

Jan 24, 2013
I don't understand why y'all run stock when fish bear has ROMs for the 08 and 711, I have drom for the 09+ and vampirefo has cm9 and thunderbolt.

I would like to go back to my stock ROM, but unfortunately my backup is corrupted and I can't for the life of me get livesuit to work under windows 8 x64. Why would I like to back to it? Because everything worked. Right now I have no camera and I'm missing like a gig and a half of space. I'm sure these ROMS will improve over time, but right now they are very much in the beta stage....