-rom- d2pad SN_D201208Bxxxxx

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
Myfishbear's rom worked fine, but unfortunately my D201208Bxxxxx D2pad had problems booting and I returned it, getting a D201209Bxxxxx D2pad in exchange.

The boot problems were not related to a specific rom. I tried Myfishbear's, Thunderbold, and the stock Diablotek rom. With all of these roms it required two or more attempts to get it to boot up. It might take two or more long presses to get the boot to start and sometimes it stalled at the Android dude, prior to seeing the "d2" logo. Another problem was that, if I left it in deep sleep for a length of time, it appeared that it shut itself down and required rebooting. Upon rebooting No-frills CPU said "unclean shutdown".

So far the new D201209Bxxxxx D2pad has been working OK and I installed Thunderbolt (tb9.zip) on it. I bought a second D201209Bxxxxx D2pad for my wife and installed Thunderbolt on it also.

Jim

LNMoton

Nov 29, 2012
My d2 pad is stuck on the D2 screen after I accidentally put "reboot recovery" in the CW recovery. How do I fix this?

Edited-Never mind. I fixed it by reflash the firmware. I just installed your rom. It works great!

Last edited:

Jmodix

Nov 13, 2012
Hi!

I've tried all the available roms posted here and this seems to be the smoothest running to me. I have a couple questions though.

1st - The Apollo music player doesn't see the music on my SD card. If I use the file manager and go to the mp3 file on my card and try to run it, It gives me an error that there is no app for that.

2nd - Because of the above issue, I had to install another music player. My favorite being Double-twist but when I play music and the device goes into standby and the screen goes off, about 30 seconds later the music stops sometimes. Not sure if its double-twist or something with the tablet going into sleep mode.

I tried wiping the device and re-installing the ROM without the No-frills CPU Control, it does the same thing. Any ideas?

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
If a music player doesn't see the music on your SD card, check Settings / Storage / Media Scan and see if "Enable media scanning on SD" is checked. I believe it is after a fresh install.

Jmodix

Nov 13, 2012
If a music player doesn't see the music on your SD card, check Settings / Storage / Media Scan and see if "Enable media scanning on SD" is checked. I believe it is after a fresh install.

Yes, its checked by default. Double checked mine and its selected. Looks like the Apollo app is only looking at the internal storage.

zildjian251

Dec 8, 2012
HELP!! I followed all of the instructions to flash myfishbears ROM for this tablet and it will not boot past the d2 screen. In recovery I wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache before installing the .zip.

What could I have done wrong?

I've even tried flashing the factory firmware provided at d2pad.info using the Live Suite they provide, but my pad is not recognized by the computer unless it is booted to the d2 screen.

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
HELP!! I followed all of the instructions to flash myfishbears ROM for this tablet and it will not boot past the d2 screen. In recovery I wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache before installing the .zip.

What could I have done wrong?

I've even tried flashing the factory firmware provided at d2pad.info using the Live Suite they provide, but my pad is not recognized by the computer unless it is booted to the d2 screen.

First thing you should do is drain the battery. Reset it and turn it on (even if it doesn't boot and doesn't show anything on the screen), let it rest for at least one day. That should fully drain the battery. Then connect the charger without turning it on and charge it for at least 30 mins, longer is better. Disconnect and push the reset hole to make sure the tablet is off.

Now retry the flashing procedure with a correct firmware using LiveSuit. UsbPro does work, but is a disaster to use. LiveSuit is far more stable and user-friendly.

zildjian251

Dec 8, 2012
Wow, you are so awesome! Thank you so much!

Now what should I do to make flashing this ROM successful this time?

Do I need to wipe Dalvik and Cache, or just Data wipe?

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
Wow, you are so awesome! Thank you so much!

Now what should I do to make flashing this ROM successful this time?

Do I need to wipe Dalvik and Cache, or just Data wipe?

flash recovery, wipe system, data, davilik and everything except the sd card. then flash my rom.

Dec 18, 2012
I updated and then installed your rom but I am having an issue. I am trying to download "music download paradise" from the google market and its saying my device is not compatible with this version. I have two other D2 pads but they are the do9 versions. They were both updated with your new rom for the d_711 and they can download the music download paradise program. I just installed jellybean keyboard from the google market and that will install. What do you think is wrong? I also have tried to install "moviestarplanet on all 3 of my d2 pads and when i click on the app it will go black screeen and then bump me back to desktop.

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
I updated and then installed your rom but I am having an issue. I am trying to download "music download paradise" from the google market and its saying my device is not compatible with this version. I have two other D2 pads but they are the do9 versions. They were both updated with your new rom for the d_711 and they can download the music download paradise program. I just installed jellybean keyboard from the google market and that will install. What do you think is wrong? I also have tried to install "moviestarplanet on all 3 of my d2 pads and when i click on the app it will go black screeen and then bump me back to desktop.

fixed that google market bug in v2
try 160 line density for that app

Dec 18, 2012
I tried the 160 line density for moviestarplanet and still cannot get it to work. I want to upgrade your rom to the version 2 on my daughters D2 pad but I dont feel like redoing everything. I have titanium backup pro, can I use the program to save everything to a sd card? Any chance that you know how I would go about doing that?

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
I tried the 160 line density for moviestarplanet and still cannot get it to work. I want to upgrade your rom to the version 2 on my daughters D2 pad but I dont feel like redoing everything. I have titanium backup pro, can I use the program to save everything to a sd card? Any chance that you know how I would go about doing that?
id try jyst installing the new update without cleaing anything... just install the zip and it should work... its not way to different so it shouldn't break the data.... as far as the movistar planet app it just might not be compatible just like the updated netflix app.