Rom development, need your help.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am looking for some users that would like to contribute their time, tablets and experience to port some roms. I have several roms ported, about 90% they lack camera, sound, bluetooth.

I am wanting users that understand and know how to do below.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...cal/52475-how-dual-boot-via-lenovo-a2109.html

all roms posted will be set to install on sdcard, this is the safest method to test and develop roms.

The kernel used will be my oc kernel, if you are afraid of using oc kernel don't apply.

the rom is a 4.1.2 rom, very fast rom.

wifi does work, after installing rom, you will need to install gapps to get playstore working.

first app to install should be no frills cpu control.

I am needing users to help me figure out sound, bluetooth and camera problems.

I am not just looking for testers, I need help to get this rom finished.

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
It could be your kernel that's part of the issue, kernel has camera drivers and Bluetooth drivers, welcome to cm10, trust me every cm10, as you probably know, has issues, camera, Bluetooth and some issues with playing music, seems to be an issue with media sync, takes twice or 3 times to find any sound file. What happens if you flash lenovo's stock kernel?

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Worth a shot, these aren't cm10 roms, nexus 7 ports.
Thanks for input.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
It could be your kernel that's part of the issue, kernel has camera drivers and Bluetooth drivers, welcome to cm10, trust me every cm10, as you probably know, has issues, camera, Bluetooth and some issues with playing music, seems to be an issue with media sync, takes twice or 3 times to find any sound file. What happens if you flash lenovo's stock kernel?

This is probably the reason. I remembered that when my Galaxy S3 got 4.2.1 update for the AOKP ROM, the camera didn't work at the beginning. :)

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I am looking for some users that would like to contribute their time, tablets and experience to port some roms. I have several roms ported, about 90% they lack camera, sound, bluetooth.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...cal/52475-how-dual-boot-via-lenovo-a2109.html

all roms posted will be set to install on sdcard, this is the safest method to test and develop roms.

The kernel used will be my oc kernel, if you are afraid of using oc kernel don't apply.

wifi does work, after installing rom, you will need to install gapps to get playstore working.

I am willing to help you with the ROM even though I am a total noob on the kernel stuff. But for now, let me finished the dual boot first before i can provide any help :)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

Kernel had nothing to due with it, anyway was worth a try, I think the camera and sound problems are in the framework.jar, or at least I believe the camera is.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Well at least you know your kernel is not causing the issue, framework, yes. I assume you left all our libs as is when you ported the ROM, if you mixed and matched libs , then it's missing lib files. I could definitely give it a try too, I won't dual boot as the most important items that need to be functioning are, pm me with the download link. I know a few developers on xda who will help us.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am going to bed, bluetooth is fixed, still need sound and camera, watching youtube on tablet, logcat shows all normal, yet no sound at all.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am uploading one rom right now, it comes without kernel the install script points to /sdcard one can change that. if they want to point to tablet, the kernel will be uploaded soon, for the kernel to work, one needs to flash ICS bootloader, as the kernel is built from ICS source, after that fastboot kernel, the kernel will also be directed to boot from sdcard, so if you want to use kernel to boot from tablet, you need to split the boot.img and change mount location.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I will install it once i get my Ubuntu working properly again so i can install the dual boot on my A2109. It is really pissing me off right now since it just randomly freeze on me for so many time :(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I will install it once i get my Ubuntu working properly again so i can install the dual boot on my A2109. It is really pissing me off right now since it just randomly freeze on me for so many time :(

I never used Ubuntu so can't help with it. you can edit the rom and have it install to tablet if you want.

change this

Code:
show_progress(1.000000, 180);
set_progress(0.500000);
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk1p2", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk1p2", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

to this

Code:
show_progress(1.000000, 180);
set_progress(0.500000);
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

save rezip the rom, you can then install the rom on tablet and use it will stock kernel.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012

Sign me up.