[ROM] EPAD 256M and 128M 1.9_88 rooted v0.3 WORKING MARKET FROM FLASH

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
59395_431026287948_579882948_5138039_912606_n.jpg

From Author and Specs

Here my updated version of 1.988 v0.3k for 256M Epad / Flytouch only !
Market will work from flashing ROM, don't need any patch or manipulation etc.

Download EPAD256.1.988.3k.7z

Here my updated version of 1.988 v0.3k for 128M Epad / Flytouch only !
Market will work from flashing ROM, don't need any patch or manipulation etc.

Download EPAD128.1.988.3k.7z

ChangeLog:

*Fix camera
*Move some app from system to user

0.3i
*Fix Google Market!
?New bootscreen
-Remove some trash from 117M to 61M
-Free Memory Light
+AdjBrightness
+CachMate (Free)
+StartUp Manager
+MySettings
+RootExplorer
+EStrongs Task Manager
+Titanium BackUp (Free)

Note:
1. Usually I can't sign to Google by Ethernet, just by WIFI (typical error for this "There is a temporary error or your sin card is not provisioned for data services")

2. If you will start Market and get error " An error has occured. Please try again later. " Don't worry it is server-side problem. Just try time to time again to enter market and get Text of Agreement. When you agree with it - this error will never back (i hope)

3. Hibernate mode - you can get it to work state: use StartUp Manager and disable all user apps from auto startup (exept StartUp Manager and Swapper) and disable System Apps (exept Android system, Media Storage, Boot Receiver, Sync Feeds and Download manager)

4. How to get Root: Settings - Applications - Unable USB-debugging. Start Connect Bot - connect to local - type "su".

[email protected] for contact

Last edited:

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
Thanks SOOO much for this tipstir...I had a slow, unresponsive and non-working really tablet (e.g. market, youtube etc), but this ROM improves things more than I could imagine.

I did have problem 2 (Market - " An error has occured. Please try again later. "), but as you described it did eventually work after a while, and the official market works like an absolute dream.

The whole device now seems to be massively more responsive.

Thanks again! :cool:

One question - is it possible to remove the 'Hibernate' option from the power-off menu. I never use it, and want to remove the possibility of accidentally selecting it.

Aaron.

EDIT: Just for other peoples information, I have an Euogo TPGA-718 7" 'Clone', and all hard buttons sound/wifi etc works fine with this ROM. I have so far found no problems apart from a couple of force closes - but thats it.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Accounts.db would need to be deleted then you rerun the Google setup for a new account.db to fix the Market, if you need to use such a feature. I just kill it. It's a iffy app it works then it doesn't work. Well good you have it working if you have issues with the Swapper or anything else you might want to use v0.2 instead along with my two Powertools selection of apps these are what's missing in v0.2 and some are missing in v0.3i. Anyway both rooted ROM will be about the same in Speed @ 350MHz if you got ARM926xx. There is a Benchmark tool for testing your tablet to see how it well it performs I still get 370 for overhaul performance.

Boost the performance with Powertools but the CPU will be about the same. WiFi Buddy is in Plus Powertools let that lock in the WiFi and show you how well your signal is in %. Still Both ROMs have the same issue with Youtube in the Browser and I couldn't get Youtube to show my tipstir channel in v0.3i which kept on crashing. If you got 256MB you don't need to use the Swapper app. WiFi is stronger in v0.2 than it isin v0.3i. I've fixed for myself the SDcard issue and WiFi dropping when these device go to sleep. I'll post the fix soon.

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
SD Card Ready notices on task bar? Do you see this? If not then don't worry about it. Do you see on the task bar a picture of the tablet looking like it's going to rotate either left or right?

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
I do get notifications that the SD card has been inserted/removed, yes. And I do get the 'rotate screen' button at the top also.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I do get notifications that the SD card has been inserted/removed, yes. And I do get the 'rotate screen' button at the top also.

Under Sounds and display you can disable that feature. On the task bar, Did you use my Powertools?

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
Under Sounds and display you can disable that feature. On the task bar, Did you use my Powertools?

Ok, thanks. Yes, startup mananger starts when I turn the tablet on, and i've replaced the default app manager with 'Zeam'.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
614d1282456855-flytouch-1-9_88-rooted-market-installed-v0-2-20100722055615-jpg

See it near the House on the task in the above image is the manual rotate left to right or right to left. Just press it to it allow the task to trigger.

There is a manual rotate feature that appears on the task bar, but you can trigger that to show-up if you use MySettings App
MySettings+1.0.jpg

Manual Rotate Method

Disable the Auto Rotate
Enable the Auto Sync

Auto Rotate Method

Enable the Auto Rotate
Enable the Auto Sync

Also where you see that 1 min (time out) change that to 10 min above
Change the Brightness from 100% to 25% shown in the above image. Increase the battery with this setting

Tool app above is available in PowerTools2010

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2010
About Market, I can finally see Text of Agreement. But I can't see any agree bottom to push. where is it? how can I agree it?
Thanks..

deepfrequency

Sep 14, 2010
I have installed v0.3 on my 256mb unit. So far very happy although I did find the apps in the start-up manager slowed down the unit after a little while, what do you recommend having in there to keep the system tidy and running reasonably fast.

Cheers! :)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Market issues, shut it down and restart it again. Or reboot the device. The latest ROM (350MHz/400MHz) v4a works fine with the Market.

ornellas.r

Oct 28, 2010
Hi,

I have a device whit the following settings:

Memory Size: 256mb
Model number: generic
Firmware version: 1.6
Kernel Version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build Number: 1.9
Charge light: Red
Display: 7"

Some pics:
http: //img594.imageshack.us/img594/8148/img4269u .jpg
http: //img19.imageshack.us/img19/3125/img4270f .jpg

I've readed a post in forum that advices the ROM of this post for a device whit settings approximately equal mine, being the difference the Build Number (1.9 is mine, and 1.74 the one I readed).

So, my question is, can I use this ROM for my advice?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Ornellas.