[ROM][Feb. 15 2011] >> phiremod nook BETA 2 << Themed Froyo 2.2.1

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
You really dont need it.. its not all black, its like dark gray on black.. its hard to read but you can make it out.. The thing I really want is back and menu buttons on the notifications bar so I dont have to pull it down everytime I need to do something.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
You really dont need it.. its not all black, its like dark gray on black.. its hard to read but you can make it out.. The thing I really want is back and menu buttons on the notifications bar so I dont have to pull it down everytime I need to do something.

Can't you use softkeys for this?

Sent from my NC using Android Tablet Forum App

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yes soft keys and button savior both work on this Rom. But the bottom "Nook" bar is gone, that use to have the back and menu key in it. But It is fine with button savior, I miss the bottom bar a little though

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
I wonder if we can remap the volume buttons for menu and back? This really needs honeycomb,s layout.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
CWR looks working and stable with this rom, so I'm going to it shot later on tonight. :)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
CWR looks working and stable with this rom, so I'm going to it shot later on tonight. :)

The Rom is running well for me. I still haven't tried to backup or overclock with clockwork though.

sent from my rooted nook color

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
I did read on xda that it has been stable overclocked at 1.1ghz. I think I'll try the rom soon. I usually follow the lead of some of you more expierenced. Maybe tomorrow...

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I did read on xda that it has been stable overclocked at 1.1ghz. I think I'll try the rom soon. I usually follow the lead of some of you more expierenced. Maybe tomorrow...

I saw that too but what 1.1 kernel were they using? The omap one?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yup I see. I'm now running phiremod beta 2 and all seems well

Some quick obervations:
-Wiped cache partition and dalvik cache
-Installed from CWR (already backed up)
-CWR is well after install, you can boot in and out without issue, power + "n" is functional
-All my apps, settings remain in tact (most apps I've tried work)
-b&n apps are gone
-market almost works (force closes)
-SU works
-Button Savior works
-Quadrant fast :) @ 800mhz - 1327
-Haven't tried flash yet

So far love the rom, although still a bit buggy

@Steve
Did you wipe data before flashing?
I usually always wipe day when installing a custom rom, decided not to this go round.

Last edited:

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
I was going to ask on xda what oc kernel they were using but I don't have access to post in developer forums. I'm so itching to try this. Rico is there anyway I could get instructions for the easiest sway to get there from my pre-rooted 1.1.0 rom thats overclocked to 1.1ghz. If possible i'd like to keep all the apps already installed.

Last edited:

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
first backup everything just incase (SD, eMMC)...

then, from XDA:

- Ensure that you either have ClockworkMod Recovery installed, or burned to your SD.
- Download &#8220;phiremod_nook_v1.0&#8221; from below and put on the root of your SD card.
- In recovery, choose &#8220;Mount and Storage&#8221; and wipe SYSTEM, then DATA
- Push the power button to go back to the main screen, and flash zip from SD
- Choose &#8220;phiremod_nook_v1.0&#8221; and let it install.
- Once it is done, reboot and let it sit for about 5 minutes to settle.
- Unlock screen, choose &#8220;com.android.provision.DefaultActivity.&#8221;
- At this point, turn off the screen, and back on again to fix touch screen lag.
- Continue with setup - SKIP signing in with your Google account
- When prompted, check the &#8220;Use by default&#8221; box and select &#8220;ADW.Launcher&#8221;
- Sign into your Google account from YouTube (Settings > My Channel) Make sure you put &#8220;@gmail.com&#8221; after your username.
- Go to Settings > Accounts & sync > your account > check the Gmail & Contacts boxes
- Open Market Enabler > Touch and hold Tmobile US and set for right now
- Open Market, verify that it's working
- Reboot (this will adjust the lockscreen properly and help straighten things up).

** Note ** Turn off and on the screen to fix touch screen lag/sensitivity (Must be done after EVERY reboot)
** Note ** Do NOT format your SD card from inside this ROM. For more information, see this post.

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yup I see. I'm now running phiremod beta 2 and all seems well

Some quick obervations:
-Wiped cache partition and dalvik cache
-Installed from CWR (already backed up)
-CWR is well after install, you can boot in and out without issue, power + "n" is functional
-All my apps, settings remain in tact (most apps I've tried work)
-b&n apps are gone
-market almost works (force closes)
-SU works
-Button Savior works
-Quadrant fast :) @ 800mhz - 1327
-Haven't tried flash yet

So far love the rom, although still a bit buggy

@Steve
Did you wipe data before flashing?
I usually always wipe day when installing a custom rom, decided not to this go round.

There is not a problem with market force closing for me

Yes you need to wipe system and data within mount and storage menu in clockwork before installing rom. That is prolly why it is force closing but not sure. I used the phiredrop xda instructions up until the YouTube login part.

For flash to work you need to install flash player from the market. Make sure market enabler is on.

Let me know if there are any bugs. I haven't really noticed any except for market not showing certain Apps.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Excuse my ignorance but i am still relatively new. What is and how do u backup emmc? Is that nandroid? I do have current backups from nandroid so therotically if i screw this up i should be able to just restore my most recent backup and be right back were i am now?