[ROM][Feb. 15 2011] >> phiremod nook BETA 2 << Themed Froyo 2.2.1

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yea, I should have but opted not to wipe. On the bright side, besides a few forced errors, I have all my apps, Zeam and settings are same as before. Market works now and love the notification bar. I think I'm going to redo, wipe data and reinstall. I need api8 (2.2) apps anyway. ALso need to get a screenshot app to take some pics. :)

I am glad it is working. I use drocap2 for screen captures but it didn't show up in market. Had to Google the apk and sideload it. Also If anyone uses winamp, shoutcast now works on this rom.

sent from my rooted nook color

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
I remapped my volume buttons and I like it much better.. nice to have constant access again.. but MAN I hate dealing with ADB... had to use ADB wireless absolutely could not get it to work otherwise. Gonna try an OC kernal next..

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I remapped my volume buttons and I like it much better.. nice to have constant access again.. but MAN I hate dealing with ADB... had to use ADB wireless absolutely could not get it to work otherwise. Gonna try an OC kernal next..

Good to know remapping works. Good work! Look forward to see how it works with OCing. It running hot is my main concern...don't think it will though.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
just wanted to give everyone a definite confirmation CWR will make backups in 2.2 and will restore back to 2.1 (i was on bn1.1) by use of a nandroid that you hopefully made before flashing froyo!

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
On fresh install, so far so good, no force closes. Need I need to get Zeam back and get rid of softkeys for button savior. :)

...and it is so good to get back to a normal android look and feel.

edit: this ADW ain't half bad, may keep it.

Last edited:

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
i like this ROM! fast and just like my Droid! ..but.. i actually enjoy the reliablity of 1.1 (call me crazy) so i think im going to stick with 1.1 until a more defined version of this comes out.. maybe ill see what HC is like for a day, just for fun.

im very excited and impressed about the progress NC devs are making... thanks for everyone's help in our little "nook" of a forum. (ok that was corny, i apologize).

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Good to know remapping works. Good work! Look forward to see how it works with OCing. It running hot is my main concern...don't think it will though.

not sure... gotta crash out.. should have 2 hours ago... (did I mention I hate adb?? hah) .. anyways.. I ran Oclocked on 1.1 and it was cool... the speed improvement was noticeable.. I think this weekend if I can ever get usb adb to work I am going to work on HC on emmc..

Feb 1, 2011
Is it possible to load the google apps from the sd card and not have to use the ADB ? My laptop updated and it wont load ADB at All. Just says Android ADB in device manager not the Android composite ADB. Using windows 7. I really wanna try the 2.2 roms but afraid I wont be able to use market and google apps.
I will possible hear im in the wrong place so any suggestions to the correct forum would help.

Shadow

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Alright rico im convinced. When i get home im going to give it a shot.

Reyfam

Feb 9, 2011
Love this rom, I'm never going back to 2.1. :)

rico2001, I flashed over to this late last night after reading the posts on this thread and really like this ROM a lot as well. I'm still trying to decide if I want to use Soft Keys or Button Savior. Can you let me know how you've configured Button Savior and why you prefer it...

Also what are your thoughts on this ROM vs [ROM] Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 (02/15) CWM flashable! that came out yesterday?

curl2k1

Feb 17, 2011
Registered just to say that I love this ROM. I've had my nook for less than a week and so far, this is the best thing that I've done to it.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Is it possible to load the google apps from the sd card and not have to use the ADB ? My laptop updated and it wont load ADB at All. Just says Android ADB in device manager not the Android composite ADB. Using windows 7. I really wanna try the 2.2 roms but afraid I wont be able to use market and google apps.
I will possible hear im in the wrong place so any suggestions to the correct forum would help.

Shadow

Google Apps and market are already included in this rom. There is no need to push them with ADB. This is a fully functional stable rom, unlike the other froyo roms.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011

Shadow

Just to let you know... if for some reason you come across a ROM that doesn't have gapps..if you were to get ahold of the gapps (via a google search most likely)... you could use your sd card if you:
1) put on ur sd card and flash them in CWR ..if the zip is flashable.
2) or.. put the gapp apks onto ur sd card and manually install them with root explorer into /system/app

Just good to know just in case..

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App