[ROM][Feb. 15 2011] >> phiremod nook BETA 2 << Themed Froyo 2.2.1

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
quick pic of quadrant score - NC @ 1Ghz on froyo 2.2

Smokin! :)
IMAG0301.jpg

More observation:
-CWR backup of this ROM works well
-Froyo kernels flash without issue- Froyo 1100mhz (eMMC installations only) CWM update: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
Froyo 1000mhz (eMMC installations only) CWM update: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
-Everything so far runs smooth as silk

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Noobie question while trying to flash this rom. In the xda instructions it says wipe system and then data. That isn't an option when i go to the mounts and storage sub menu of recovery like it says to do. Option are to format, or mount system/data. What do I do????

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
np, steve. I still need to find a good snapshot app, and the one I like isn't on the market. Will have to track it down later. Going to give 1.1ghz a try tomorrow or this weekend.

Stuff I forgot to mention:
-Advance tack killer works great
-SetCPU and profiles (overclock) work
-ADW I did like, removed and installed Zeam
Info more for all:
-Google syncing is smooth
-Scrolling and app opening is also smoother than 2.1
If you already have 2.2 on your phone, you know what I mean.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Noobie question while trying to flash this rom. In the xda instructions it says wipe system and then data. That isn't an option when i go to the mounts and storage sub menu of recovery like it says to do. Option are to format, or mount system/data. What do I do????

When phiredrop says wipe he means "format". So format system and data. But hopefully you had made a backup before you started the process just in case.

np, steve. I still need to find a good snapshot app, and the one I like isn't on the market. Will have to track it down later. Going to give 1.1ghz a try tomorrow or this weekend.

Stuff I forgot to mention:
-Advance tack killer works great
-SetCPU and profiles (overclock) work
-ADW I did like, removed and installed Zeam
Info more for all:
-Google syncing is smooth
-Scrolling and app opening is also smoother than 2.1
If you already have 2.2 on your phone, you know what I mean.

I use drocap2 for screenshots, but had to search for the apk on web and sideload it. A couple screenshot apps have been turning the image sideways for me for some reason.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
When the instructions say flash zip from sd card, that is the install zip from sdcard option right?

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Looks like i got it installed correctly. I'm restoring apps from titanium backup right now. Two things... One, the menus in titanium backup are unreadable (can't see the text), two, it seems a little bit slow compared to 2.1 od'c to 1.1ghz. Can somebody point my in the direction of detailed instructions for overclocking this rom? Thanks again, your guys help in priceless!!!!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Looks like i got it installed correctly. I'm restoring apps from titanium backup right now. Two things... One, the menus in titanium backup are unreadable (can't see the text), two, it seems a little bit slow compared to 2.1 od'c to 1.1ghz. Can somebody point my in the direction of detailed instructions for overclocking this rom? Thanks again, your guys help in priceless!!!!

It will be choppy until you do the following...tap power button to sleep and n to wake quickly. Needs to be done at every boot. Rico posted a kernel a couple posts back. Install like you would normally install a kernel I believe. Maybe backup your new system before trying a kernel.

*edit: let things cool down before you do anything. Installing a new rom can make the NC a little hot. Make sure you have a good amount of battery too.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
When phiredrop says wipe he means "format". So format system and data. But hopefully you had made a backup before you started the process just in case.

I use drocap2 for screenshots, but had to search for the apk on web and sideload it. A couple screenshot apps have been turning the image sideways for me for some reason.

I think he just means "wipe data/factory reset", which is what we usually do when moving to a completely difference rom set.

IMAG0219.jpg

I like screenshot, just haven't had time to look it up. If all fails, I can jsut get off my Evo. Thanks for suggestion

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I have to say that you two (Rico Stelv) are making it very hard to not flash this ROM. Especially with the turn-around from Rico...

I guess I am going to make a nand now and do some flashing... damn you people!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Well I guess you could wipe either way. I formatted system and data in mount and storage menu, because that is what I thought phiredrop meant. But wipe data/factory reset is what I usually do when installing roms.

Last edited:

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Ok everything looks good. I'm now overclocked use the 1000mhz kernel anybody tried the 1100mhz kernel? Also I'm getting forced closes on android tablet forum app. Anybody else?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
rico2001, I flashed over to this late last night after reading the posts on this thread and really like this ROM a lot as well. I'm still trying to decide if I want to use Soft Keys or Button Savior. Can you let me know how you've configured Button Savior and why you prefer it...

Also what are your thoughts on this ROM vs [ROM] Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 (02/15) CWM flashable! that came out yesterday?

I'm a button savior person myself. No configuration needed, well not much. Install it, it works for home, menu, back, that's it and all it want. I do have one setting: auto hide 3 seconds.

Well Nookie Froyo has had a bunch of issues (inside and outside the rom) by many and perhaps its better now with version 0.6.8 but I'm passing on it and trying other roms such as the one I'm running now.