Discussion in 'Novo 7 Elf II' started by tragidy, Sep 7, 2012.
i'm still on v2.2
please supply a download link to v2.5.2 , can't find it only 2.5 beta
just wait sir. please respect sir tragidy. its not yet released.
I am using the other Elf rom, if I install Light Elf will it keep all my installed apps etc or does it wipe everything
2.5.2 is released to donators right now a public release will follow soon.
Sent from my LightELF-9300 2.6-dev
Largest change in 2.5.2 is a new launcher, bluetooth enabled and once again another attempt to solve battery issues for users having display problems from 100% always.
Oh and an automatic update check
Also the latest root patch uses SuperSU but thats no big deal.
Sent from my LightELF-9300 2.6-dev
I'm looking forward to the Crystal Patch, I'm fed up with CM10. SoulGem is okay but it's pretty much just a big phone interface. It looks like you know what you're doing and tons of people like your ROM on the Elf II, so I'm excited!
If you don't mind I have a couple of questions:
1. Do you know if the Crystal should be limited to 1.2ghz like the Elf II?
2. Have you fixed the problem where a tiny bit of the bottom and right side of the screen is not responsive? I found that if even if I rotate the tablet it's always the bottom and right side, so I figure it's not the screen.
3. What is the benefit of switching the internal and external SD cards?
4. If I like the ROM when I get a chance to use it on my Crystal, how do I become a donator!
1. The crystal uses the same processor however the SoC is slightly different using a set of wifi drivers and screen however in essence the current amlogic processor gets hot past 1.2 its your hardware so you decide, I overclocked a RK3066 from 1.6 to 2.1 using a external heatsync
2. Screen responsiveness is up slightly however the elf has issues with actual layout of the touch sensors so software alone can't fix this.
3. None unless your microsd has been modified on both ends or you encounter a checking sd card error from a non conformity from the partition size.
4. There will be a read me in the later releases on how to donate and in return get access to my nightlies.
Public 2.5.X stable should be here today
Currently I'm on 2.5.... it's basically the best rom i've seen running on the elf ii. It's the first one that has NEVER frozen or locked up. You noted that there aren't many major changes, aside from the launcher. Will this mean there's no need to wipe when upgrading?
Thank you, my goal is stability not tweaking it so hard that it just fails or causes core elements to react in a disappointing manor
You will not have to wipe, but I do suggest it always
Titanium Backup is my best friend since I started releasing roms in such rapid succession, in saying that 2.5.3 is being final tested right now on about 20 elfs, we have found no major bugs and are attempting a new approach to peoples battery issues, as a matter of fact we are fairly close to making a universal any rom patch to correct battery issues from the stock recovery
2.5.3 is uploading now and depending on the stability it may be the last 4.0 based android release I do for the device
Also it should be noted I have signed 2.5.3 as Key Lime Pie 4.2.0 so its future proof for those of you who don't like jellybean or key lime pie
Tragidy, Please provide a link to download when it is Public, I can't find it (only 2.2 and 2.5 beta is available )
Sounds awesome. I'm kicking myself that i didn't try out any lightelf before 2.5. looking forward to following what you're doing. It's really nice having someone that actually cares about what goes on the software.
Does this mean that you will be developing 4.1 or 4.2 roms? And btw 4.2 is still called jellybean, not key lime pie And thanks for the 2.5 release, i'll be waiting for the dl link
Where as in X can equal any numerical value aka 5.7.2
4.0.X / 4.0.4 = ICS
4.1.X / 4.1.2 = JB
4.2.X / 4.2.0 = LKP
And yes this 2.5.3 will be my last ICS release Light ELF 3.0 is coming based on 4.1.2 JellyBean
Separate names with a comma.