[ROM][FINAL][ Light ELF 2.6.0 Android ICS 4.0.4 ]

russy23

Nov 24, 2012
hi there folks..had my elf 2 for a while now, and been using dark elf, but heard good things about this rom so decided to try it..

installation of the rom and gapps went good, but i seem to have a couple of issues

1. my music videos dont play smoothly, there very glitchy, ive tried different video players but all the same, also the cut scene animations in games are the same..they worked perfect on the previous rom, anybody experienced this??

2. ive just noticed the dreaded popping noise coming from the tablet and it took a while to wake up..is this common??

cheers

well ive totally reinstalled the rom with gapps..and its still veru much the same..video playback and cut scene in game are very glitchy, i havent tried a high demanding game yet..

surely im not the only one with this issue..

the chap above me asks weather the rom run the gpu at 400mhz, good question, is this why im having issues

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
This rom and android 4.0.4 ICS are no longer being maintained, you are free to create addon packages for light elf otherwise everything is now vested in android 4.2/5.0 ports sorry.

russy23

Nov 24, 2012
well this is weird..after messing around with the tablet for a while everything seems to have settled down, videos now play perfectly..the last thing i installed was pimp my rom and added some tweaks, maybe that helped, who knows, anyway all seems good

hanks for the good rom..

djxr24

Oct 15, 2012
Stock browser crash sometimes, chrome too,
But ROM now is better than older relases, good work!
I change build prop to SGT 2 7.0 because sgsIII is quadcore and some games is not playable (lags and lags)

russy23

Nov 24, 2012
I change build prop to SGT 2 7.0 because sgsIII is quadcore and some games is not playable (lags and lags)

how would i go about changing the build prop, is it easy??

djxr24

Oct 15, 2012
yes, very easy (tablet must be rooted), go to (ROOT) /system/build.prop
edit it with text editor and you must find ro.product.model line and then you enter device name :)
save file restart tablet have fun ^^
sometimes you must change fingerprint line i think to better game compatibility but im not an expert :)

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
yes, very easy (tablet must be rooted), go to (ROOT) /system/build.prop
edit it with text editor and you must find ro.product.model line and then you enter device name :)
save file restart tablet have fun ^^
sometimes you must change fingerprint line i think to better game compatibility but im not an expert :)

Greetings,

The fingerprint alone does not affect the market there are other files needed to spoof a SGS2 and so on, the fingerprint is just the first step and for cosmetic viewing in other words editing build.prop alone will not simply do anything but provide a serial number...

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011

That is pure myth the systems kernel relays what the game needs not a build prop or market unlocker...

In other words its all in your head, as the apps use a init to read the actual core count not the users plain text build props...

djxr24

Oct 15, 2012
Some apps like asphalt 7 look at the build prop every time the game start, if i change it to sgtab 2 its make it playable,
Backstab and 9mm works on sgsii on example but nexus7 have pink textures ( all in buildprop)

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Some apps like asphalt 7 look at the build prop every time the game start, if i change it to sgtab 2 its make it playable,
Backstab and 9mm works on sgsii on example but nexus7 have pink textures ( all in buildprop)

Ok lets say it does look at the prop, that's still app side related as the prop only has a hash disclosing a device id and not that of the rom but the poorly written app compatibility per author with such issues, its still pure myth about the prop affecting dual core or quad core, there is nothing controlling the core limit or disclosing it in the prop only a device id and the publisher would be the one with the issue in that case as the same rom/device renders.

In the mean time if that's whats working to solve the issue then I will take it into consideration for the JellyBean build and run it through the ringer.

heroslayer

Oct 21, 2012
Hello

I just changed back to light elf 2.5 its the best rom for the ainol elf ii tablet I did use the jelly bean beta for a long time but the bottom line is this rom right here light elf 2 is the best rom even though its 4.0.4 its still at this point in time the best rom point for point on both browsin the web ( i use firefox ) and for playing DEAD TRIGGER it has no lag on this elf 2.5 rom.

P.S I donated $10 to the project

JackD121

Sep 24, 2012
I installed this ROM yesterday and so far everything works perfectly (except netflix issue i am having but not sure if thats just me or everyone facing it ?).... thanks for all your hard work...

I do have a couple of questions - firstly, in Netflix any video i play.. after every 30-45 second the video hangs for a second or so .... this does not happen in youtube so i am assuming its not because of bad wifi signal... is anyone else having this issue ??

Secondly, Does anyone know what do i need to do to make the fullscreen stretch ... in youtube or netflix ... when i play a video in fullscreen its not exactly fullscreen as it smaller that the actual tablet screen size.... any clue where to find the setting to change that ..

appreciate the help and TIA> ..