[ROM][FINAL][ Light ELF 2.6.0 Android ICS 4.0.4 ]

sgrady1971

Nov 20, 2012
Gmail does not work. Uninstalled and reinstalled but still crashes. Linked account to native email app and it works fine.

russy23

Nov 24, 2012
just installed 2.6.0..went ok..

am i right in thinking that user data stays on the system??

i was panicking that i wouldnt get a save game working after moving it back onto the system, but when i reinstalled the game everything was there, save games, custom logos etc..

sgrady1971

Nov 20, 2012
Try reinstalling the gapps

So does your Gmail app work? Maybe it is just me then. I installed Gapps but didnt flash twice. Maybe I should have. VLC player didnt work for me either, just went to white screen. Uninstalled and tried to reinstall but it said not available in your country. No big deal for me as MX Player is great anyway.

russy23

Nov 24, 2012
This seems a very nice and stable rom indeed, a couple of programs didnt load, but i didnt want them anyway..so ive took alot of things off..play store good..videos play good..so all good..

nice work chap

ahgie05

Dec 31, 2012
This seems a very nice and stable rom indeed, a couple of programs didnt load, but i didnt want them anyway..so ive took alot of things off..play store good..videos play good..so all good..

nice work chap

do 2.6.0 rom still got any cracking sound in audio playback?

russy23

Nov 24, 2012
Ive noticed nothing chap, which is a massive bonus, before i went to bed battery life was 74% and 10 hours later its 73%..

EDIT..sorry i thought u meant cracking sound when in standby..but when playing music videos ive not come across and cracking..

Last edited:

dynacam

Mar 28, 2012
So does your Gmail app work? Maybe it is just me then. I installed Gapps but didnt flash twice. Maybe I should have. VLC player didnt work for me either, just went to white screen. Uninstalled and tried to reinstall but it said not available in your country. No big deal for me as MX Player is great anyway.

Gmail works fine

Dec 23, 2012
I've installed light elf 2.5.6 and I have to admit that it runs well, but I have got some issues. While OS works perfectly (I got an antutu score of 11000), I have problems at startup. it starts, green robot then the screen becomes dak and hard to see, the "ainol novo 7 tab elf 2" screen is also dark abd the boot animation is also dark for the first seconds. When I went to recovery mode in order to install SD revert patch I had no screen shown. It seems anyway that the mode is functional, as I can press the shutdown button and the tablet reboots. Only one time I saw the recovery mode robot but it was for a millisecond, then it
disappeared.
I followed Tragidiy's install steps, but with the exception I made a factory wipe data before the whole process in order to uninstall my DarkElf 1.1 rom. Fact is, I made wipe data and the rom flashing during the same recovery session.
Can you guys please explain me what is this issue and how to make my recovery mode and possibly startup brightness functional again?
Thank you,[/QUOTE]

sgrady1971

Nov 20, 2012
I've installed light elf 2.5.6 and I have to admit that it runs well, but I have got some issues. While OS works perfectly (I got an antutu score of 11000), I have problems at startup. it starts, green robot then the screen becomes dak and hard to see, the "ainol novo 7 tab elf 2" screen is also dark abd the boot animation is also dark for the first seconds. When I went to recovery mode in order to install SD revert patch I had no screen shown. It seems anyway that the mode is functional, as I can press the shutdown button and the tablet reboots. Only one time I saw the recovery mode robot but it was for a millisecond, then it
disappeared.
I followed Tragidiy's install steps, but with the exception I made a factory wipe data before the whole process in order to uninstall my DarkElf 1.1 rom. Fact is, I made wipe data and the rom flashing during the same recovery session.
Can you guys please explain me what is this issue and how to make my recovery mode and possibly startup brightness functional again?
Thank you,
[/QUOTE]

2.5.6 I believe had issues at the start and thats why 2.6.0 was made. Download 2.6.0 as it runs well and I havent had any issues.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Indeed 2.6.0 is the last and most stable edition it has crazy good scores in all the benchmarking programs too.

P.S
Confirmed I will be working with a Nextway F9X Quad Core Retina A31 for my next dedicated project.