[ROM] for Black PDN attempt - Alpha

arkangelhfb

Feb 17, 2011
I think I just earned my Haxer Badge of Brilliance after haxer'ing the hell out of several systems resulting in me making the internet, Android OS, android market, and PDN my *****...

Ok.., ok... but really people after 8 hours of beating my head against a wall, many failures, and a two day break to realize my failures had set me up for a huge bit of win, I found a work-around for the PND to get any and all apps from the android market... even if your PDN doesn't have a sd-card or access to the internet and all without touching your PDN from factory standard.

I will be doing a tread about this shortly but if you respond here I will give you a link...

jlg234

Feb 22, 2011
I have the Canadian version Black PDN w And 1.5 - PDN provided an update that opens up the Android side and allows you to add apps using ES File Explorer the only issue is the 1.5 level.

Apps that work RepliGo.apk for PDF's, FBReaderj.apk for ePubs and there are various other readers for txt etc.

ES File Explorer, ES Task Manager, Documents to GO, Wapedia, World time, App Store, Weather, Skyfire (Browser) Facebook, YouTube, Facebook and simple games etc.

This device came with the Kobo reader which deals with ADE DRM ebooks (ePub and PDF) and stores your ebooks in internal memory. Most of the other readers don't deal with DRM but the ebooks can be accessed from the SD card.

I am getting a Coby Kyros MID7015 because it brings up my And experience to 2.1 and still stay under $200 plus it has a USA base as opposed to Chine somewhere. (I am not saying that the device isn't manuactured off shore).

John

Kindle doesn't work as it requires 1.6 minimum.

Last edited:

jimmyj2010

Mar 13, 2011
i would really appreciate it
I think I just earned my Haxer Badge of Brilliance after haxer'ing the hell out of several systems resulting in me making the internet, Android OS, android market, and PDN my *****...

Ok.., ok... but really people after 8 hours of beating my head against a wall, many failures, and a two day break to realize my failures had set me up for a huge bit of win, I found a work-around for the PND to get any and all apps from the android market... even if your PDN doesn't have a sd-card or access to the internet and all without touching your PDN from factory standard.

I will be doing a tread about this shortly but if you respond here I will give you a link...

waynec78

May 24, 2011

I would really appreciate getting the link for this. Just new to this e-readers stuff and all help is appreciated. thanks

mysterymenaz

Jun 17, 2011
I have downloaded android from the pandigital site and it will not load. I would like to do it and keep it original, due to im sure one of the kids will end up with it. (than i get a new one). I would like to also have the link as a referrencein the future.any help would be nice.
Also i emailed pd to tell them my problem, i believe it was a computer generated response. and nothing in the response was concerning my issue. if anyone has a phone number i would love to call and complain.

I would like the link info.

hanks893

Sep 6, 2011
I think I just earned my Haxer Badge of Brilliance after haxer'ing the hell out of several systems resulting in me making the internet, Android OS, android market, and PDN my *****...Ok.., ok... but really people after 8 hours of beating my head against a wall, many failures, and a two day break to realize my failures had set me up for a huge bit of win, I found a work-around for the PND to get any and all apps from the android market... even if your PDN doesn't have a sd-card or access to the internet and all without touching your PDN from factory standard.I will be doing a tread about this shortly but if you respond here I will give you a link...
Iwould like the link please. Thank you ve much

rrdyrmdy

Dec 3, 2011
Please send me the link. Like to check it out. I just got one at BB on BF and it shows to have Android 2.1 on it. I also rooted and have done some other mods. but still can't get angry birds to work, says not enough memory, but there's plenty.