[ROM] Froyo 2.2.1 (BETA)

hankm24

Dec 19, 2010
I've been working on this rom for a while now. It's android 2.2.1, I built it of off cyanogen mod 6. So far i've got working Full video playback, Angry Birds plays with no graphical glitches at all. I'm working on getting Flash 10.1 to work but i have yet to acomplish it. Here are some pics of my rom. It will be released soon. $screenshot1.png$screenshot.png[/ATTACH]

Okay i'm uploading my build now !
The final features are Video playback includes netflix and some other apps. HDMI out I'll put the link on here when it's done uploading tadalond or dustinhayes email me to get it first cuz i promised you.

Attachments

• $screenshot2.png
    $screenshot2.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I've been working on this rom for a while now. It's android 2.2.1, I built it of off cyanogen mod 6. So far i've got working Full video playback, Angry Birds plays with no graphical glitches at all. I'm working on getting Flash 10.1 to work but i have yet to acomplish it. Here are some pics of my rom. It will be released soon.View attachment 2486View attachment 2485[/ATTACH]

I would love it if you would find a way to deliver this Froyo version both stable and as an update.zip file. I'm personally not experienced at all with Linux which prevented me from trying the previous Coby "friendly" cyanogenmod ROM. Good luck getting this stable and if you can get this as a downloadable ROM than we are in business.

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
Hank,

Does HDMI output work with the ROM? How were you able to get the drivers for Froyo? Currently running Tipster's HC B20 (and very happy with it), but would like to see how 2.2 or 2.3 would work on my tab. Looking forward to seeing the ROM released. Thanks for all of your work.

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
I've been working on this rom for a while now. It's android 2.2.1, I built it of off cyanogen mod 6. So far i've got working Full video playback, Angry Birds plays with no graphical glitches at all. I'm working on getting Flash 10.1 to work but i have yet to acomplish it. Here are some pics of my rom. It will be released soon.View attachment 2486View attachment 2485[/ATTACH]

Wow! This is something to watch and hope for! Best of lucks to you!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
OEM has GingerBread OS 2.3 for the 4GB version for our tablets. COBY does not make tablets they just use OEM and stick they're name on the tablet. The issue I see with the OEM version it has 3G, Camera where our doesn't have those features. This ROM should be called IMG since it's an IMG you have to install which would be different than a ROM or MOD using update.zip. The OEM GB23 is IMG that would wipe out the current COBY IMG. I have OEM GB23 no I haven't installed it. This OS 2.2 version in the the images posted I don't see volume controls OSD posted.

Last edited:

hankm24

Dec 19, 2010
Q. Does this have HDMI output Yet.
A. Not yet I can't figure out how to port it.

Q. Why aren't there volume controls in the notification bar.
A. I found a way to put them in there but they won't function right.

Q. My make and model.
A. Coby Kyros MID 7015

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hank,

There have been a lot of us tinkering with this since last year but honestly everyone I know has given up... Just how are you able to get video support without any OMX? If your claim is true you have achieved something that many advanced devs have not. I for one am extremly interested in your progress and would like to check out your build. If and when you are ready for testers count me in...

Cheers

hankm24

Dec 19, 2010
I have the OMX files thats how i got videos to work. I'm probably gonna have a select few test it first PM me if your interested.

Apr 28, 2011
It looks good so far from what i can see from the pics Hank.
Its good that there is more than just a select few ROMs now. I was in a different thread and someone else was talking about making a custom ROM. Its good to see the forum come back alive again.
Hopefully when u finish up with the ROM i will decide by then to change from the stock 1 and give urs a try!

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I have the OMX files thats how i got videos to work. I'm probably gonna have a select few test it first PM me if your interested.

nice work!

by the way, did you investigate files in 2.2/2.3 ROM for Haipad M701?
I gave up to use it because of libpmap some days ago...