[ROM] FroyoFusion (A hybrid of my Ideos S7 Froyo 1.2.1 & S7 Slim Froyo)

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Looks great! In order to make this work do I have to lose every thing on my s7, like I just took it out of the box? If so then I probably won't do it, I got this thing looking just how I want plus I got alot of stuff (apps and config) that I don't want to have to setup again.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

just make a nandroid backup, it saves your apps and configs as well

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
just make a nandroid backup, it saves your apps and configs as well

How do I make a nandroid backup? Do I use an app or do I make the backup once I am plugged in to the computer? I've been seeing the term nandroid around and have no idea what the hades it is.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
How do we reset the battery stats? I can see what has been using the battery but have not seen any way to reset. Thanks

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
There is an option under advanced in clockwork. Also nema (xda) made battery calibration app in the market, don't know if it works with the s7 though.

zxhian

Apr 15, 2011
hey joe tried flashing this rom but got errors i used the one with apps2sd.

260yb7d.jpg

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
How do I make a nandroid backup? Do I use an app or do I make the backup once I am plugged in to the computer? I've been seeing the term nandroid around and have no idea what the hades it is.

when your s7 is off, and of course you have to have clockworkmod installed, hold the menu & send button while powering on to go to clockworkmod, scroll down to restore/backup and backup your rom, this lets you save your current configuration & apps so you can mess around with other roms, after your done messingwith the rom, just do the same but restore and you'll be back to where you were

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
hey joe tried flashing this rom but got errors i used the one with apps2sd.

260yb7d.jpg

weird, maybe it's a corrupt d/l? try again and report back... i'll re-upload another if it's not working still. looking to make some framework edits on this? that would be pretty awesome. i like this rom, i use it and kept the stock launcher myself.

zxhian

Apr 15, 2011
yeap really wierd,

- wiped everything,
- reverted to orig indonesian 2.2
- internal sd reformatted

planning to mod this :D

Edit 2:

was able to flash the one with no_a2sd
tried to overwrite it with the one with a2sd same error

Edit 3:

having some bad internal sdcard issues atm will report back after i fix this

Edit 4:

internal sdcard fixed.
same issue cannot flash with a2sd :c

Last edited:

ninormalen

Apr 28, 2011
I have a problem. I have flashed Ideos S7 whit Stable 1.2, then I flash whit Fusion ROM and I start device and everything be OK. At restart device can not start, it stand on first screen and not start. I flashed many times again whit Fusion Rom and Stable 1.2 but nothing happened. Device start's only whit Indonesian ROM, then I flash whit Fusion but again only boot inscription: IDEOS and nothing. I try anything, I format system, SD card. Please help.

Mychinese

Apr 22, 2011
hello joenilan, i having problem with sms, i cant using chinese to type in sms. other area like notepad,market,browser all worked. just the sms area i cant using chinese,ty.

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
Works great on Philippines S7-105...

however, the MTN "everywhere you go" banner that appears everytime i shut it down is killing me. how do i get rid of it?

thanks!

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
this ROM mod is great! kudos to joenilan!

though there are things i noticed:

ok, after some hours of with playing this version (FroyoFusion):

had to get rid of Photo app, Video app and Music app as they don't care about the ".nomedia" protocol. The music app was beautiful. It's just that it lists all mp3 and sound files that games install.

also, no multi-touch in browser.

and of course... the annoying MTN shutdown logo.

also... it would be great if you could integrate/create (however you call it) at least a "Home" and "Menu" soft buttons (yeah just like the U-arrow back button). It's a bit tedious to use the hardware buttons (esp. for right handed), as you may already well aware... these are not touch sensitive buttons. I don't know if that's even possible, so forgive me if I ask too much :D

thanks joe!

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
hello joenilan, i having problem with sms, i cant using chinese to type in sms. other area like notepad,market,browser all worked. just the sms area i cant using chinese,ty.

You need Huawei IME.
there is no Huawei IME on this ROM (south african base ROM).

i have Huawei IME from BB version ROM, download from here : http://www.mediafire.com/?8mo582zsaemz5b1

Works great on Philippines S7-105...

however, the MTN "everywhere you go" banner that appears everytime i shut it down is killing me. how do i get rid of it?

thanks!

MTN banner inside "framework-res.apk", you have to modifiy it to get rid of it.

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
I have a problem. I have flashed Ideos S7 whit Stable 1.2, then I flash whit Fusion ROM and I start device and everything be OK. At restart device can not start, it stand on first screen and not start. I flashed many times again whit Fusion Rom and Stable 1.2 but nothing happened. Device start's only whit Indonesian ROM, then I flash whit Fusion but again only boot inscription: IDEOS and nothing. I try anything, I format system, SD card. Please help.

Make sure you only Flash the FroyoFusion rom and not both, you don't need to flash one and then another over top of it.