[ROM] G-Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.3 with Honeycomb elements (Updated 6/6/2011)

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
my wifi stopped working. it was showing full bars but it wasnt connecting so i nvflashed it and im starting over with gingerbread. i was running vegan 5.1.1, i dont know if anyone else has run into this problem but i didnt know what else to do.

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
alright, have this installed. it seems faster than vegan but my quadrant scores are about 600 less than what they were. truthfully i dont know what that means so im just gonna be happy this rom is working great and fast!

rstory

Apr 1, 2011
Enjoying this rom, but it would be nice if the settings app were updated to know that the external sdcard is now /emmc (or /mnt/sdext)... currently i'm having to shutdown to mount or remove my sdcard...

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
my wifi stopped working. it was showing full bars but it wasnt connecting so i nvflashed it and im starting over with gingerbread. i was running vegan 5.1.1, i dont know if anyone else has run into this problem but i didnt know what else to do.

I had the same issue with vegan but wifi started working fine after i cleared cache and dalvik again. I am still getting random reboots with vegan. Downloading this now and will flash it tonight.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Well, this Rom does not like me much. Not at all, in fact.
1> The tablet arrived with stock 3389 then OTA upgraded to 3588. All was very nice, with falling leave background, angry birds, flash, and play video online just fine.
2> Downloaded the 2.3.3 rom. Installed per instruction. It stayed at the 'android' word, then black out, then 'android' word, then black out, etc . . .for almost 1/2 hours. I knew then that a long nite is ahead.
3> Powered off, then booted in CWM and reflashed the rom. This time, after the rom was flashed a second time, it booted ok.
4> Powered off, then booted again in CWM to install GAPPS. Hmmm, the file disappeared somehow.
5> Connected to PC in order to copy the file again, there was no notification to activate USB connection. Could not find any instruction.
6> Hmmm, time to go back to stock and try something else.
7> Read, read the nvflash instruction. Tried nvflash. The bat file that came with the package would not run. Manually type the command in CMD. My PC is win7 ultimate. After several attempts, I got nvflash run successfully.
8> Rebooted, setup wifi, downloaded 3588 OTA, Download was fine, and upgrade was not successfully (perhaps due to the remaining trace of CWM).
9> Retried nvflash. This time all was well. OTA 3588 downloaded and upgraded. . . . WOW.
10> Tried TnT 4.4.0 by copying 'recovery' and 'updated.zip' then rebooted (no more CWM). It installed fine.
It was some experiences ! ! !

I would like help for some questions:
a> I would try the 2.3.3 again, if it can be installed without CWM. Is it possible ? The instruction said that 'must do a complete wipe' before install this rom. What does that mean? and how to ?
b> Can the 2.3.3 connect to PC ? How ?
c> TnT Lite came with iFileManager ? Is there a link for 'how to use it ?
d> How can I get the background with falling leaves again ?

Thanks for any advise and guidance.

Dave

jasonwuzthere

Mar 31, 2011
Hey mydave,
a> I don't know of any way of installing without Clockwork Mod. But that ain't sayin' much. lol
I can tell you a "complete wipe" is:
1. Go into "mounts and storage" in CWM and select "format system" and "format data"
2. Go into "advanced" and select "Wipe Dalvik Cache"
3. In the main menu select "wipe data/factory reset" (mainly for good measure)

Then flash your ROM, and select "wipe data/factory reset" one more time. And install the GAPPS.zip.
b> You may need a kernel for USB to work. Mine was random weather or not it worked. I finally flashed a kernel, and it's worked well so far. ClemsynGINGERVersion9 is the one I used. It's here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=895825.
c> No clue, I use Root Explorer
d> To get your background back, long press on the home screen, and select wallpapers, then select live wallpapers, you should find it there.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Triune

Nov 29, 2010
flashed to the gingerbread 2.3 - love the rom, but having trouble reading the internal card. Program looking for sdcard and comes back not found (trying to restore some data to a program). Not sure what to do here. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
My 2nd post tells you that the internal card is no longer called SDCARD in Gingerbread. It is called EMMC. Your microSD card is now called SDCARD, not SDCARD2.

Triune

Nov 29, 2010
My 2nd post tells you that the internal card is no longer called SDCARD in Gingerbread. It is called EMMC. Your microSD card is now called SDCARD, not SDCARD2.

Fuganater - yes I went through this thread and thank you for that information. Where I am having difficulty is when I go to settings, I can only read the external card, the file manager can read both (and I think it id'd the external as EMMC, and when I connect to the PC, I only have access to the external card (when I pulled the external card, it hung up on the "ok" frame on the tablet). So I was wondering if there is something to be done, toggled, etc., to inform the system of the renaming - more important for me to access the internal card through the PC (did see something about accessing internal card via wifi so that may be an option).

Edit- oops sorry meant to say i see that the cards are EMMC for internal and sdcard for external on the included file manager.

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
you have the early copy of this ROM installed. The updated ROM added Root back in

Old Rick

Mar 28, 2011
Paul, Fug, Since you've both been running with this for a week or so, could you leave a few comments on performance, stability, completeness, market, etc?

Thanks
Rick