[ROM] G-Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.3 with Honeycomb elements (Updated 6/6/2011)

driehl1020

Apr 24, 2011
i have never done anything related to flashing or rom changes.. i have gingerbread 2.1 and want to go to 2.3.3. how do i do this? is it hard?
clockwork mod is installed on this tab but i have never used it.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
i have never done anything related to flashing or rom changes.. i have gingerbread 2.1 and want to go to 2.3.3. how do i do this? is it hard?
clockwork mod is installed on this tab but i have never used it.

Just follow my How To in the technical section.

justdrooit

Apr 21, 2011
I've been stuck with the Vegan 5.1.1 for awhile, trying to use your directions to install G-H Gb 2.3.3, and I just wind up with the Viewsonic Bird screen. I've also followed a YouTube video showing how, and still stuck with nothing more than the bird screen. I did notice on the Youtube video that he no longer had a bird screen. He had an Nvidia/Android splash screen. Veg5.1.1 reinstalls/runs fine but I can't install anything newer. Running CM 0.8. What's the difference in install methods between these two ROMs?

Last edited:

bigblue206

Dec 2, 2010
Anyone have any problems with their Home and Google Search Buttons not responding(I had to use the ones that are on screen) after installing Gingerbread ROMs. It happened to me with CM7.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I've been stuck with the Vegan 5.1.1 for awhile, trying to use your directions to install G-H Gb 2.3.3, and I just wind up with the Viewsonic Bird screen. I've also followed a YouTube video showing how, and still stuck with nothing more than the bird screen. I did notice on the Youtube video that he no longer had a bird screen. He had an Nvidia/Android splash screen. Veg5.1.1 reinstalls/runs fine but I can't install anything newer. Running CM 0.8. What's the difference in install methods between these two ROMs?

Did you format system and format data?

Anyone have any problems with their Home and Google Search Buttons not responding(I had to use the ones that are on screen) after installing Gingerbread ROMs. It happened to me with CM7.

Try to reinstall it. Search for it here. There is already a thread on it where someone found the fix.

justdrooit

Apr 21, 2011
"Did you format system and format data?"

Yes. I also cleared the Delvik Cache and went through a number of different combinations of mount/unmounts.

My gTab went straight from the stock rom 3389, CM'ed it, and installed Vegan 5.1.1 on it. I'm wondering if perhaps I need to go back to the stock rom all over again and update it to 3588 and reinstall CM? So lost...

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
U might need to repartition it. That usually fixes boot loops

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Android Tablet Forum

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
U might need to repartition it. That usually fixes boot loops

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Android Tablet Forum

Maybe. But as I've said before here or some other thread, I never updated my tab. Nor have I ever needed to repartition it.

justdrooit

Apr 21, 2011
I got it on. It required using NVFlash to take it back to stock settings, then upgrading the ROM to 4588, then installing Clockwork, then installing the ROM. Worked perfectly.

I did read in another thread where someone stated that you really needed to NVFlash back to have any chance at installing Gingerbread. Something to do with the way the OS likes the partitions. Well, he was right.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I've been slacking. There was an update on 4/17 that fixed more issues.