[ROM] Gentouch78 Rooted v0.3 (for v1)

cpg716

Jul 23, 2010
Did you do a data and cache wipe in Clockwork first? I recommend doing it 3 times each, then starting from scratch. Install Linc modified v3 update, then linc's update.zip, then do Market fix.
You shouldnt need to do a new gmail account.

CPG

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
When I hold down the back button and push reset windows trys to install "Android" the command prompt does nothing still waiting for device. what to do now? Already downloaded the usb drivers from Augen's website. I have XP if it matters...

Make sure the files are in C:\OS
Trigger the update.bat
Press the ~ button and press in the reset button at the same time once it's triggered on the dos prompt screen release the reset but keep pressing the ~ until the screen shows it's applying the updates. Then let go of it (~)

On the XP system make sure you don't have any AV running, other USB devices running except the keyboard or mouse.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Google servers were acting up yesterday. I already have Gmail account which I use on the Market. All the caches should be wiped I use CacheMate Pro

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I don't get it unplugged everything except keyboard and mouse, disable antivirus, it is in the C:\os folder, I hold down back and then push the reset button, keeping the back button pressed the tablet turn on but nothing is on the screen and windows "found new hardware" comes up saying Android as the device. I installed the drivers from Augen's website. What am I missing? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Do you have another system you can try this on?

1. Turn off the Gentouch
2. Make sure you have the update.bat in C:\os
3. Connect the USB to the Gentouch to the PC
4. Run the update.bat
5. Turn on the Gentouch
6. Press ~ button and use a paper clip and press the reset button once
7. ~ button must be kept press in until the progress starts to update like shown here in this video under XP 32-bit USB drivers.:

Which ROM are you trying to load by the way?

Last edited by a moderator:

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I thought that I would try to install the drivers again and the install gets stuck on searching for device drivers.

Joeyspindler

Jul 30, 2010
ok..sorry first post but been following for a while. i followed all the steps in the initial post and everything went fine. i did the final reset and after it loads the only thing i can get is the little green bulls eye you would use to set up the screen. i have wiped data and cache and still nothing different. really sucks because i was really hoping to finally use this paper weight.lol

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Need to have applied all the patches from Augen then install this one on the first post. If you skip out then, you'll have to go back and make sure you have all the patches.Those instructions on the first is from the Author. I just added what I had encountered myself install the Rooted ROM version 3. I never did any cache wipe prior only after ROM was installed using Cachemate Pro PowerClear, that's it.

Draugr

Aug 15, 2010
Ok.... This one is weird. I posted earlier that even after following the instructions in the beginning of this thread and then implementing the Non ugly Market hack I still had no working Google Market. Well, last night out of nowhere the apps that said "Starting download" actually downloaded. I was happy. I then went to watch some TV. When I got back, I tried to download some other apps and this is what happened. It went from "Starting Download" to "Downloading" but that is it. I left the unit on overnight as I was testing an alarm clock app. When I woke up I checked and the apps still say "Downloading" yet nothing downloaded.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? Why would it begin working then stop like that?

Thanks
John

cutterjohn

Aug 23, 2010

Joeyspindler

Jul 30, 2010
ok. so i have found the files needed. the question is since i can not get to the main screen to do anything can install these through clockwork? off the sd card?

cpg716

Jul 23, 2010
ok. so i have found the files needed. the question is since i can not get to the main screen to do anything can install these through clockwork? off the sd card?

Um.. You don't get to clockwork that way.. Get to clockwork by going into recover mode. Hit the reset or power on while holding the HOME key on the back of the device.

Also, when you are getting the green bullseye, can you not complete the calibration? Thats how the new system starts, its no an error.. You go into calibration mode right away after doing factory reset.

CPG