[ROM] Gome Flytouch Firmware Releases (VIA8505 7" Tablet)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Get the Mega Powertools it's listed in this forum that will give you MySEttings app, and the rest. With that it has installer just tell it where you have your MicroSD on your tablet. Need to connect to the PC via USB though. It rotates faster now. I use manual rotate Then back to 1.9_88 Rom if you need those features. Ethernet works.

sportade33

Sep 23, 2010
Dear Tipstir, wondering whether you could help me. I have the same Apad as above, however I having problem play the video. When I clip the video player, it show connecting to database and after I select the file to play, it play only half a second and the video frame stopped, while the cursor below still moving. Can you advise? Thank you.

my specification : same as the photo above.

Memory Size: 256mb
Model Number:Generic
Firmware version: 1.6
Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number: V1.7.4

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Dear Tipstir, wondering whether you could help me. I have the same Apad as above, however I having problem play the video. When I clip the video player, it show connecting to database and after I select the file to play, it play only half a second and the video frame stopped, while the cursor below still moving. Can you advise? Thank you.

my specification : same as the photo above.

Memory Size: 256mb
Model Number:Generic
Firmware version: 1.6
Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number: V1.7.4

Use this one
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-1-9_88-rooted-v0-3-working-market-flash.html

Make sure you use the one with the 256MB

sportade33

Sep 23, 2010

Dear Tipstir, after following the link and flash...I still cannot play video. When I clip the video player, it show connecting to database and after I select the file to play, it play only half a second and the video frame stopped, while the cursor below still moving.

Sorry, my RAM is 128MB. I downloaded a trailer of Transformer in MP4, it can play but with some lagging. Can I play the video file from my Blackberry? And what others file format that can be play in this irobot?

Andre

Nov 4, 2010
Please support me (and pardon whether the postage is in wrong local) ... I receive a friend's gift, a Ipad, model B08S-Fly Touch, with Android 1.7. The matter is that it is in Chinese. How can I update it to language English ?

div2112

Dec 5, 2010
Tipstir
Can you help or am i wasting my time.
I have the same as in the first pic.
I have tried lots of roms but when i but the sd card in the reader nothing happens the screen just stays blank.
From what the seller told me it has.
via cpu
256 ram
2gb nand storage
1.3 camera.
can you help.
cheers
i'm sure it's got anrdroid 2.1

Last edited:

kolipso

Dec 11, 2010
Hi all I have two questions One: When you upgrade to 1.9_88 hangs on updating the file system, what to do? Can I put on ly touch VIA android 2.0-2.1 Waiting for answers With respect

gadgetman404

Dec 12, 2010
i have a android tablet 10.2 x220 other names superpad hi pad flytouch i only got it on wednesday turned it on booted up but when i tried to unlock menu screen by holding finger on screen pushing it up did nothing so pressed reset and now when boot it up goe grren screen says in bottom riht corner powered by wow pad then freezs in that screen green does nothing can anyone help 2.1 firmware 2 gb nano memory 256 ram or rom can anyone help me

vdsouza13

Nov 15, 2010
gome-flytouch.jpg

firmware v1.6
build v1.7.4

--------
note:
Build v1.7.4 is very slow and buggy not provided here.

Firmware v1.6
build v1.8.2
download
----------
note:
Build v1.8.2 is much quicker but google apps are removed, animated android logo is now presented on boot-up, new camera software and picture capture

firmware v1.6
build v1.9_88
download
http://www.filefront.com/17216624/1.9_88.zip
--------------
note: Latest
build v1.9_88 battery life now increases and can go beyond 2 hrs. (3.5 hrs), new camera software and picture capture, there are some other software add-ons also. New settings now appears on the desktop tray.

how to install the firmware and build

put the file named "script" wholely into your microsdhc card after decompressing files.
Plug microsdhc card then turn on your pc, the pc will upgrade automatically.
Pull out microsdhc card after upgrading, then the pc will restart automatically.
The system has been upgraded successfully.
Make sure your computer is full of power during upgrading.

manufacturer reports odd behavior

1. Booting time is around 1 minute and 15 seconds.
2. Please insert microsdhc card before turning on your tablet pc, if not, the system will automatically show "removed microsdhc card" then change to an exclamatory mark on the top left corner.
When clicked, "microsdhc card removed,insert a new one" will show.

3. Each computer will be equiped with a stylus. Please use this touching pe

n as much as possible as the sensitivity is better.
4. It's normal that the machine will be a little warmer while using.

the rirmware root wfript does not boot from 1.8.2 "the aneroid logo just freezes and
no boot. Solution. Thanks.

mikethebike

Dec 18, 2010
Sorry guys, another 'what epad' question . My pad looks like the photo in post No 14, a gome flytouch but ist has a smaller usp/adapter port at the bottom.
It was sold as irobot Operating System: Google Android 1.6 . Memory: 256MB DDR2 800Mhz .CPU: VIA MW8505 600MHz. I bought it as 'bricked' so had no choice but to flash it from the word go. It does work with 'flytouch 1.9.88 rooted with market but it is very 'buggy', sometimes touchscreen wont work and wifi range is five feet. tipstr suggested Eken rom in earlier post but it wont reboot after flash. I have tried flashing with at least 10 different scripts without luck. Any help would be appreciated.

bluesilver

Dec 19, 2010
hi guys! i hope you could help me, i have no idea whatsoever what to do, i just bought my epad today and i believe its an gome flytouch model as described, all things works except when i tried to search applications like, documents to go, facebook and yahoo messenger apps to be installed, all i can get is ""your search did not return a match. please try again". please help.. thank you very much