[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Thanks to jeffh, For discovering this.
"beat me to it 0.0" (Good man)

Burntool for windows only, possible manualy through osx and linux os,s

Update 3245

whats new?

*Smoother UI
*Camera fix
*Skype and Windows Live messenger enhanced
*WEBtv
*3g options for 3g adapters
*Ota updates (supposidly)
*Icon changes
*Filemanager
*registration completly gone...this time
*A Better Tablet
*Faster Ramdisk

The Flaws Discovered
*live wallpapers disabled (fixed)
*market payed apps disabled, V1 (working on fix)
*wifi issues on selected flytouch2 devices and other capadible devices. (We have no clue)
*Debug option hidden (fixed)
*Read only system (fixed to RW)

If your tablet came with or has froyo...this update is not meant for u unless u wanna downgrade.

Links
SD card update burner : flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip ( bootable sd ) (The burn tool needed for this process)
UpDate 3245: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service ( android.rar ) (The android files needed for the update, not an *update.zip*)

(if they dont work, try the site)
InfoTM X220 (Flytouch II, WOWpad, SuperPAD) ROM Development - Page 151 - xda-developers

Thanks to XDA

Flytouch 2 Generation 1 Update process
Update 2.1.3245

By: Ryan Gocal (Rg)

*Preperation*
1.Extract the recovery rar file and make a folder like I dont know...FTii Recovery Tool on your desktop
2. go in win hex folder and click on winhex.exe located in second folder on the bottom of list
3. on the tool bar click on options, general
4. Setting up your work enviroment~ make folder for temp. files somwhere on your hdd or point it to your FTii recovery tool folder
5. click ok and close out of program

!Make Boot sector to SD Card! *Caution, This is the only place you can screw up and your sd card should result in a 700mb storage device, if not you failed.
~Run WinHex.exe
1. on the toolbar click... tools, disk tools, clone disk
2. choose file (aben.start sector.001) its the first file in the recovery folder you made, thee important one.
3. Choose the sd card as your destination, whether its in an sd card adapter or usb adapter.
4. Checklist...source: raw image should be chosen as your sector.001 file, destination medium is going to be your sd card, start sector (destination) Fill in 0 (zero) and click ok. if you recieve any temp. file locator errors, ignore them unless its concerning your preporation setup or this process wont work.
5. After finish it finishes, take out the card, close your windows and put it back in.
6. your result of the card should be 700mb after you format the card to Fat32, if not you screwed up and restart the process to editing your sd card.
7. extract android folder and copy the folder android on the sd card

Plug YOUR FRIGGEN TABLET IN...
mmmk then...now proceed.

put the card in your tablet and power it on (dont press buttons, dont boot to recovery, just turn it on and you should recieve a message right away saying applying update or somthing relative to that)

let linux do its thing

calibrate your screen

...DROID...

Debugging options have NOT been disabled, they have been HIDDEN..so dont fret. Wehave posted links for rooting and to fix your sd card. we are here to help, any questions, comments or concerns...post them here were all the action is. I will help, they will help. thats why we are here, we are the FTii community. Amen

Here is a package for the Flytouch2 I made up or any android tablet I suppose.
Update2
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Last edited:

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
I must have too much time on my hands!! LOL cheers RG.

Will try this tomorrow when I get another card.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Credit goes to u :)

Took me one try to get it installed

One thing I recomend to people, go to walmart or somthing and buy a 1 or 2 gigger card just for updating ur tablet so u don't screw up ur important one? U should own 2 anyway since there's 2 slots.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

wuku

Feb 24, 2011
HOLY HELL I LOVE THIS UPDATE!!!. I did a major jump from 1623 to this one and man is there such a difference. Thanks dude.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
That's a super jump lol.

Here's that root apk. Xda profile required

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=391774&d=1283202114

As far as tablets go. It depends what u want. Compare the specs. I'm no expert but id see what I want most and look at reviews

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Whats the minimum size card I need to buy m8?? As the boot sector takes some room?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Now that I think bout it. Its probably best to have a 4gig card lying around for this. Their dirt cheap on amazon and newegg.com. I would think 2 can handle this

tabletboy

Feb 22, 2011
Unbelieveable. I swear unto the lord himself......best firmware yet. With 1623, I had to use launcher pro but I really liked the default launcher which was crappy. Now it is VERY smooth and I am happy. My tablet thanks you. I thank you.

One *Little* problem though...I lost my live wallpaper feature. Anyone know how to get it back?

geordiemark

Dec 11, 2010
I just cant get this to work on my flytouch2, Ive tried doing it by sdcard it will just not work unless i am doing it wrong
can someone tell me how and what to do or can someone upload a update zip file for me to use many thanks in advance

geordiemark

Dec 11, 2010
I formatted a sdcard 2gb card, I used the hex to format the card that was fine untill i put the android folder on the sdcard, I then put the sdcard into the top slot and pressed the appropriate buttons on the flytouch2 as soon as i pressed the update button it just said found the file ect ect then said update cancelled and that was it, I am new to computers and touchpads you know hope you can help many thanks

testfeek

Mar 3, 2011
Thanks to jeffh for finding this "beat me to it 0.0"

Update 3245

whats new?

*thee numbers ofcourse (for those who dont think nothing has change)
*Smoother UI
*Camera fix
*Skype and Windows Live messenger enhanced
*WEBtv
*3g options for 3g adapters
*Icon changes
*registration completly gone...this time
*ect...I hope

Should i update since i just did?
~its completly up to you, its your tablet but if you wanna keep up-to-date with software then go ahead.
Is this update process hard?
~id say intermediate, just follow directions or ask for help...hence why we are here
Am i gonna notice a difference in performance?
~Depends who sold your tablet. The flytouch 2 market is iffy and some tablets dont have the same hardware inside of them...Hence the second generation that was just released.
Do i update my flytouch 2 with froyo with this update?
~nooo this update is for the first generation FTii tablets
Do you see a performance difference?
~yes i do but it doesnt mean everyone else will
Could i ruin my tablet if i do somthing wrong?
~ofcourse:)...i mean :(
Will this sd card process screw up my partitions on my TF card...
~yes it will and we will fix that once your update is installed.
Is it genuine?
~I dont know but it works good

Links
SD card update burner : flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip ( bootable sd )
UpDate 3245: flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip ( android.rar )
(if they dont work, try the site)
InfoTM X220 (Flytouch II, WOWpad, SuperPAD) ROM Development - Page 151 - xda-developers

Thanks to XDA

Flytouch Touch 2 Gen1 Update process
Update 2.1.3245
By: Ryan Gocal (Rg)

*Preperation*
1.Extract the recovery rar and make a folder like idk...FTii recovery tool on your desktop
2. go in win hex folder and click on winhex.exe
on the tool bar click on options, general
3. Setting up your work enviroment~ make folder for temp files somwhere on your hdd or point it to your FTii recoery tool folder
4. click ok and close out of program

!Make Boot sector to SD Card!
~Run WinHex.exe
1. tools, disk tools, clone disk
2. choose file (aben.start sector.001) root of folder
3. Choose the sd card as your destination
4. start sector~ fill in 0 also make sure the directories are correct on left
5. After finish take out card and insert it back in
6. format the card to Fat32 (dont freak if your card is now gigs smaller)
7. extract android folder and copy the folder android on the sd card

take a breath...

Plug YOUR FRIGGEN TABLET IN...
mmmk then

put the card in your tablet and power it on

let linux do its thing

calibrate your screen

...DROID...

Its not working for me, pitty, the ting just keeps starting up normal.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Hmm :/ let's take it a step at a time. Explain what u did so I can pin point were u went wrong

Pearl

Feb 5, 2011
Thanks to jeffh for finding this "beat me to it 0.0"

Will this sd card process screw up my partitions on my TF card...
~yes it will and we will fix that once your update is installed.

Hey, thank you for the instructions ! What a great update, my pad rocks!

But ... how do I unmount and get my SD card back to FAT32 ? I have lost 8GB (I know, should get a little one for this sort of thing).

Any pointers how to get it back appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.