[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Hey rgocal - I have re-written your update instructions to add clarity (at least for me) and have questions about something I have not been able to completely filter. What is so important about the SD format to FAT 32 being 700 MB?

Was this simply the net mega byte total after formating to FAT 32 on a 1 GB SD Card, or something actually important? I formatted a 4 GB Micro SDHC that ended up at 366 MB.

I will wait for clarification from you before continuing with your Update 3245 procedure.

I used a 4 gig as well
Its 700mb because that's how whoever wrote the parttioner wanted that much space left for the update to work with on the card. Idk why its 700 nor for what reason but that's after u applied the partition burn and formatted it to fat/fat32

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I'm gna see if the market place from my archos101 will work on here. Finally got that sucker rooted

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
I used a 4 gig as well
Its 700mb because that's how whoever wrote the parttioner wanted that much space left for the update to work with on the card. Idk why its 700 nor for what reason but that's after u applied the partition burn and formatted it to fat/fat32

Do you know where I can find the original "parttioner" information on preparing the SD card?

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Replaced vending.apk with one extracted from 1561.zip. JUST THE SAME!!!!.So it must be the data directory where it stores app settings. So next step is to have a look in there. But its well past my bedtime so I will have a look tomorrow

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Do you know where I can find the original "parttioner" information on preparing the SD card?

Its probably on xda

I'll extract the updated vending apk from my phone tomorrow and see what happens. I'll try installing the applibs market to.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I'm not sure if anyone knows how to do this but I found a very usefull android apk on the market called links2sd. U can install ur apps on your sd card but in order to do so u must be rooted with busybox and have a second partition on your sd card. Just like apps2sd. Easy setup for me since partitioning is easy on ubuntu. Makin saving ur apps when flashing new software easy

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
Its probably on xda

I'll extract the updated vending apk from my phone tomorrow and see what happens. I'll try installing the applibs market to.

Found what I was looking for in "Instruction of make flytouch ROM recover card.pdf" included with the "flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip" file. You can see on page 3 of the PDF that the SD card used was a 900 MB card, hence the after FAT 32 formatting value of approx. 700 MB.

As I suspected, there should be no problem using any SD card of at least 1 GB, or more.

dbarnes

Mar 8, 2011
I keep getting an error message that says "cannot create "D:\TEMP\DRIVE 44AA8F60 FILES.DIR" Make sure that the folder exists and file is not write protected.... Does anyone have an answer, would like very much to partake in some update goodness too

vampire365

Mar 12, 2011
Thnx for posting the walkthrough. Works great on my iCan 10. Only problem is, now there is no option for Live Wallpapers. Anybody come up with an idea on this? If they have, sorry for posting the question again. Kinda a n00b on here! LOL

Another thing, anybody figure a work-around for Flash not working?

Last edited:

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
You could try skyfire browser,it has cloud flash support

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
Flytouch 2.1 Update 3245 Procedure Re-Write

MAXIMUM Kudos to rgocal for his Fly2.1 Update 3245 efforts. I have found, as I have noted others have found, many of the tablet upgrade and other procedure outlines posted can be a bit vague and/or sometimes misleading. Therefore, I have re-written the install procedure for Update 3245 to hopefully clarify it, and with the hope this proves helpful to the many others who have showed interest in the upgrade to 3245.

Flytouch 2.1.1; Firmware Update 3245
(For PC with windows operating system only)

Flytouch 2 with Android 2.1.1 Update procedure: Update 2.1.3245

Created By: Ryan Gocal (Rg) Re-Written by: Geoffery H

Preparation
1. Download files:
Download Bootable SD Card Zip: flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip
Download Update 3245 (android.rar): MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Download UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5: UniversalAndrootbeta5.apk

2. Extract the android.rar file folder (named: Android) to your desktop.

3. Un-Zip the "flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip" file to the "Android" folder on the desktop.

4. In the "Android" folder, find WinHex folder, and then launch WinHex (winhex.exe).

5. From the WinHex Menu bar, select "Options", then "General".

6. Make/Verify a folder for "temporary files" on the PC at C:\Temp.

7. Make a folder for "images & Backup files" on the PC at C:\WinHex. Select "OK" and then "Exit" WinHex.

8. Mount the Micro SDHC card in a USB or other adapter and then plug the adapter into the PC.

Create Boot sector to SD Card
NOTE: Utilize a fresh 2GB to 4GB Micro SDHC card, since they are quite inexpensive.

1. Launch WinHex (winhex.exe). From the toolbar, select "Tools", then "Disk Tools", then "Clone Disk".

2. At "Source: raw image file", select the document “Icon", then enter file name as: c:\desktop\android\aben.start sector.001

3. At "Destination: medium", select the hard drive “Icon", then choose the installed SD Card “Physical Media” (NOT "Logical Drive") location as your destination.

4. At "Start sector (destination):", enter "0" (zero), and then select "OK". If you receive a WinHex Warning, "Please note that the integrity of the partition(a)/file system(s) on “Drive x:” may be severely damaged by this operation.", just ignore it and select “OK”.

5. After the cloning finishes, a Cloning Log file is created. Close that file. WinHex will advise “16,065
Sector(s) Successfully Copied”, Select “OK”. Exit WinHex.

6. Remove the SDHC card from the PC.

Format the SD Card and Copy Files
1. Put the SD card back into the PC. Now, “Quick Format” the SD card to FAT32. It should now be 705 MB. It must be 705 MB; if not, start over.

2. Open the "Android" folder on the desktop. From it "Delete" the following: "WinHex folder", "2010-12-27-6-39-44.jpg", "aben.start sector.001" and "Instruction of make flytouch ROM recover card.pdf"

3. "Cut", then "Paste" the "Android" folder from the desktop to the SD card.

Install Update onto the Flytouch 2
1. Power the tablet with the AC/DC power cable. Insert the SD card into the top most slot (Slot #1, between the two USB Ports) and be sure that SD card Slot #2 is empty. Press the "Power" button to turn the tablet "ON".

2. You should now see a message letting you know the "Update" is being installed. Next, just wait.

3. When prompted, remove the SD Card (Take off SD and reboot). Press the “Reset” button until the tablet turns itself “Off”.

4. Reboot the tablet. This first time it will take longer than normal, but just wait...

5. When prompted, “Calibrate” your screen.

6. Set your default “Time” and “Zone” and then re-install your apps.

How to "Restore" Development Debugging options as a result of Update 3245 installation
1. Re-root the FLY2 with UniversalAndroot.

2. Using a launcher switcher like "Home Switcher", select and run LauncherPro (or other launcher w/o making it the default), then long tap on a blank area of the home screen to bring up the "Add" menu.

3. Tap "Shortcuts". Scroll down & tap "Activities".

4. Scroll down to "Settings" and tap to expand it. Find "Development" and tap it (note: the list under "Settings" is NOT alphabetical, so keep scrolling until you find "Development").

5. Name the shortcut "Development" and then tap “OK”.

6. Tap the new Development icon, then turn on any of the three options you want, and then reboot the tablet.

Last edited:

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Nice,but referring to the previous post you also have to set the path to your workfolder correctly in winhex

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Thnx for posting the walkthrough. Works great on my iCan 10. Only problem is, now there is no option for Live Wallpapers. Anybody come up with an idea on this? If they have, sorry for posting the question again. Kinda a n00b on here! LOL

Another thing, anybody figure a work-around for Flash not working?

Make sure read all the post for your answers:) live wallpaper fix is in my goodie folder
But it doest support much since this update disabled high rendering and hd viewing:( so somthing like the 3d gallery won't work and fancy live wallpapers like the droid x or gallaxy tab aura . (Which I've installed but no luck to get it working)
As for the market...still fixing
I have a beta eclair adobe flash apk in the goods folder as well but it seems it ain't working but it does improve webpage appearance. Our processors don't have the capability for flash I found out so no luck. Skyfire is your only option probably. If your someone who downloads .swf files. There is an apk on the market to emulate a flash player. Dev is workin harder to increase performance for such devices.

I will say this. This update is full of security measures meaning its hard to tamper with the system files. So its taking me longer to discover the negatives of this firmware but in thee end I think we can fix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.