[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
Nice,but referring to the previous post you also have to set the path to your workfolder correctly in winhex

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

I followed the procedure step by step without incident, so why don't you explain what your talking about. Then, I can make any correction needed.

Thanks

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
certainly m8
When I followed the procedure last week, when I initally opened winhex I got the cant find path error.
This is because the default path in winhex is set to d:/temp. So under general/settings on the menu in winhex
Change both the paths for temporary and images,backup to the workfolder. A previous poster had mentioned this so I felt it could throw some peeps.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
That threw me off the first time to till I noticed it.

dbarnes

Mar 8, 2011
I got a message that says "burn file finished" and "take off SD and reboot", did I do something wrong? Because it is not doing anything.

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
certainly m8
When I followed the procedure last week, when I initally opened winhex I got the cant find path error.
This is because the default path in winhex is set to d:/temp. So under general/settings on the menu in winhex
Change both the paths for temporary and images,backup to the workfolder. A previous poster had mentioned this so I felt it could throw some peeps.

Yes, I had noted that omission too, and corrected it for myself. Since there was no mention about saving images in the original instructions I elected to omit any mention in my re-write. I will correct to add the images path.

Thanks for your help.

tatanka1961

Mar 12, 2011
Maybe some info worth mentioning:

After it says "burn file finished" and "take off SD and reboot", you have to reboot manually. (Keep Power pressed until it turns off. Then turn it on again.
The 1st boot takes quite some time. Don't worry, just be patient.

I got it working now, and my first impression is quite good. It really feels much smoother!

dbarnes

Mar 8, 2011
Works perfect - Thank you very much.

This is how I did it:
I used my micro sd card and inserted to a usb stick (sd - usb converter) . I format my sd card and cloned it (follow instructions in winhex)
Then i just added the android folder (not android.rar) and then i plug it in, and boom! Yay, done :)

Where is this android folder? I don't see anything in the winhex folder that says "android" , I thought android.rar was the boot program. Now my tab is a brick, please help.

vampire365

Mar 12, 2011
Ok, have been trying SkyFire, but it keeps crashing. Gonna try again after I remove the Flash 10 apk and see how it goes. I'm still new to this whole thing, so haven't rooted it yet. Just as a side question, where is your "goodies" folder located rgocal? Again, sorry if it's already been posted, but couldn't find it. LOL

UPDATE: Well, so far SkyFire seems to work after I removed Flash.

Last edited:

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Deffo remove flash. It is not compatable. Skyfire can be a bit twitchy, have you tried clearing its cache?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Ok, have been trying SkyFire, but it keeps crashing. Gonna try again after I remove the Flash 10 apk and see how it goes. I'm still new to this whole thing, so haven't rooted it yet. Just as a side question, where is your "goodies" folder located rgocal? Again, sorry if it's already been posted, but couldn't find it. LOL

UPDATE: Well, so far SkyFire seems to work after I removed Flash.

Everythings good. Last link on my fist post. U probably have it already it seems. But the goodies folder is a folder all by its own inside the folder I made that u apply to your card that goes with the absolute apk. The flash 10.1 is an experimeantal eclair apk. It will install but doesn't mean itl work which if it don't work. That means our tablets don't have flash capability meaning they will never see flash.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Where is this android folder? I don't see anything in the winhex folder that says "android" , I thought android.rar was the boot program. Now my tab is a brick, please help.
??? What did you do here??? There are to links in my post to download to do the update. And u can't really brick your tablet doen this sooo chillax. U may have erased it but not a brick. The android folder is thee update files u need after you do winhex. Each folder is a seperate download. Read the instructions slooooowly and do one step at a time.

This goes for everyone

Like I said before. This update is for intermediate and expert android users only. Ik haveing the latest and coolest firmware is like a fad right now but if you don't know if you can do it. I caution that you don't and wait. Read up on things. Study how android works first. Learn how it operates. Google x86 android and get urself a cd for your laptop or for virtual machine so u can play with out breaking stuff. Its fun but you easily screw up. This ain't no windows, ubuntu, snow leopard, ios, windows ce. This is an advance os that is growing fast and may become the most advance os there is. Its capabilities with a laptop is extrodinary, it has so much hardware to play with it don't know how to react. I installed android on my laptop once and when I installed apps and unistalled. Was a half second process.

Okey then back to ftii

I was playen today but gtn kinda frustrated with the market. Couldn't use the one off my phone since it was a 2.2 version so I'll be playen somemore tonight. Try app brain or slideme if the android market is messing with you lately. I did howevor get a2sd working on my ftii so when I do a firmware update. All my apps will still be there waitn for me untill I get root that is. That was kinda iffy and I can only have on sd card in now but ohwell. My widgets arnt working correctly now so I'll investigate in that tonight to.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Oh man... tablet won't start. Wtf did I do lol

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Lol ok proof u can't brick ur tablet once I fix it that is. Its refusing to apply the update from my card so in being forced back to the 1600s firmware since my recovery still works.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Lol ok proof u can't brick ur tablet once I fix it that is. Its refusing to apply the update from my card so in being forced back to the 1600s firmware since my recovery still works.

Mmm tablet fixed but back to gettin this firmware on again

Status
Not open for further replies.