[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
With this version (3245) I have troubles with HDMI. When I try to commute to TV it appears in the upper left corner of the FT2 “connection/disconnection” constantly changing (intermittent hdmi cable on off). The image and sound “hiccups” on FT2 screen. No image on TV. Some ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

In order to use hdmi. U have to be in video mode viewing a video and press menu. If this were android 2.2 I could port over the full hdmi apk from my archos101. Hdmi is limited in 2.1

As far as battery life. I would start unistalling some system apks that run at start like webtv and email using absolute system. Or get ur self a better system monitor program. Turn the screen down to its limited lcd brightness and keep wifi off when not needed. Only reason battery deminished is because of the system running at a smooth speed so u have to keep up with it.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

cmbarreto

Mar 11, 2011
In order to use hdmi. U have to be in video mode viewing a video and press menu. If this were android 2.2 I could port over the full hdmi apk from my archos101. Hdmi is limited in 2.1

As far as battery life. I would start unistalling some system apks that run at start like webtv and email using absolute system. Or get ur self a better system monitor program. Turn the screen down to its limited lcd brightness and keep wifi off when not needed. Only reason battery deminished is because of the system running at a smooth speed so u have to keep up with it.

Thank you for your answer. I was in video mode. I tried several video players including meridian player. In the flytouch2 screen the video is smooth and audio good. When I plug
the hdmi cable and push menu, image does not swap to tv screen and in the pad image and sound hiccups. :-(

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Mine works just fine :/ I use the droid x video player provided in my folder I made.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Oh man I discovered why paid apps arnt showen o.0 the frigen company disabled it because the tablet is from a country that wasn't registered for paid apps in google market place.
I believe I found a fix so I'll keep updated when I find thee absolute solution. It is the market place app itself, its a modified company version. so the fix will involve unistalling it and installing a new one.

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
Oh man I discovered why paid apps arnt showen o.0 the frigen company disabled it because the tablet is from a country that wasn't registered for paid apps in google market place.
I believe I found a fix so I'll keep updated when I find thee absolute solution. It is the market place app itself, its a modified company version. so the fix will involve unistalling it and installing a new one.

Have you tried this one mate? ePad - Multimedia Internet Devices go to IN then IN1001 not tried it myself yet.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Was hoping that flash link would work but its dead o.0 downloaded the market and going to experiment later. i downloaded another one thats updated somwhere else as well. found a black themed facebook to if anyones interested. i love it but its the last facebook apk not the latest. hhmmmm some more enterweb searching

compupane

Feb 2, 2011

Actually I restored the Market app from build 1623 (found an old backup I made) when I had access to paid apps; still only see free apps now, but now with the newer UI! :)

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
Was hoping that flash link would work but its dead o.0 downloaded the market and going to experiment later. i downloaded another one thats updated somwhere else as well. found a black themed facebook to if anyones interested. i love it but its the last facebook apk not the latest. hhmmmm some more enterweb searching

The flash link works for me mate, maybe it timed out and they have re uploaded it. If not I'll get it up somewhere later today.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Alright
Market still not showen then. That means its a lib file that works beside the apk file which it should be somewhere in the system or framework apk in the 1568 update file.
Hate when I successfully install somthing but no enternet to test it o.0

Oh and while at schuel (college) I was playen with the flytouch 3 firmware update and I found a way possibly to install it on our tablets so I'm ah play when I get home. 2.2 would be nice and all. If it installs I'll report back later.

Looks like I'll be updating the goody folder when I get home. Sombody found paid apps to appear:) I found a modded android market place. Its different and it won't over write ur stock one if u don't like it so basically I would unstall ur infotm market and get ready for a replacement.

teamw

Mar 7, 2011
rgocal, thanks for your work. I'm a newbie, but did get updated using your procedure. If I did it, I'd rate it as "easy to do." Did mess up first time by not going to the bottom to select the physical location to copy to, so you might mention this if you update the install instructions. Strangely, my tablet came with 3024, but it "updated" back to 2752 using the check for update, update feature. I thought it might factory update me to 2.2 - probably only a newbie would dream like that:)

Look forward to your future mods.

Thanks again

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
2.2 I'm workin on actually ;) but no luck yet :( keep gtn a boot loop of android. Its kicken my ace. And its only days before my power cord is junk...keeps bending prong at the end.

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
The Keys On My Keyboard of Flytouch2 Generation1 Update 3245 Are Too Sensitive, Causing Me To Repeat Letters. Is There Any Way Of Altering This?
The previous model with both the Chinese/English Keyboard drop down panel was by far
more stable.:eek:

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
They got it working here:
2.2 I'm workin on actually ;) but no luck yet :( keep gtn a boot loop of android. Its kicken my ace. And its only days before my power cord is junk...keeps bending prong at the end.

Have you been following the thread here:
InfoTM X220 (Flytouch II, WOWpad, SuperPAD) ROM Development - Page 161 - xda-developers

Start at #1603 and continue on; the current kernel actually uses a partitioned SD card to boot each time. Looks complicated, BUT it potentially allows you to have several cards to test different builds. I might install a basic Linux flavor (maybe use a "Live CD" image) on a virtual machine to try this out tonight.

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
The Keys On My Keyboard of Flytouch2 Generation1 Update 3245 Are Too Sensitive, Causing Me To Repeat Letters. Is There Any Way Of Altering This?
The previous model with both the Chinese/English Keyboard drop down panel was by far

Do the keys tend to "stick" sometimes? I'm having that issue with 3245 on any virtual keyboard...very frustrating for me when taking notes at church. Makes me want to throw my tablet across the worship center, but I'm afraid I'll miss and knock the pastor out. :)

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011

Have you tried using a different keyboard?

And yes I'm tracking that thread

Status
Not open for further replies.