[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiemark

Dec 11, 2010
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rgocal
Thanks to jeffh for finding this "beat me to it 0.0"

Update 3245

whats new?

*thee numbers ofcourse (for those who dont think nothing has change)
*Smoother UI
*Camera fix
*Skype and Windows Live messenger enhanced
*WEBtv
*3g options for 3g adapters
*Icon changes
*registration completly gone...this time
*ect...I hope

Should i update since i just did?
~its completly up to you, its your tablet but if you wanna keep up-to-date with software then go ahead.
Is this update process hard?
~id say intermediate, just follow directions or ask for help...hence why we are here
Am i gonna notice a difference in performance?
~Depends who sold your tablet. The flytouch 2 market is iffy and some tablets dont have the same hardware inside of them...Hence the second generation that was just released.
Do i update my flytouch 2 with froyo with this update?
~nooo this update is for the first generation FTii tablets
Do you see a performance difference?
~yes i do but it doesnt mean everyone else will
Could i ruin my tablet if i do somthing wrong?
~ofcourse:)...i mean :(
Will this sd card process screw up my partitions on my TF card...
~yes it will and we will fix that once your update is installed.
Is it genuine?
~I dont know but it works good

Links
SD card update burner : flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip ( bootable sd )
UpDate 3245: flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip ( android.rar )
(if they dont work, try the site)
InfoTM X220 (Flytouch II, WOWpad, SuperPAD) ROM Development - Page 151 - xda-developers

Thanks to XDA

Flytouch Touch 2 Gen1 Update process
Update 2.1.3245
By: Ryan Gocal (Rg)

*Preperation*
1.Extract the recovery rar and make a folder like idk...FTii recovery tool on your desktop
2. go in win hex folder and click on winhex.exe
on the tool bar click on options, general
3. Setting up your work enviroment~ make folder for temp files somwhere on your hdd or point it to your FTii recoery tool folder
4. click ok and close out of program

!Make Boot sector to SD Card!
~Run WinHex.exe
1. tools, disk tools, clone disk
2. choose file (aben.start sector.001) root of folder
3. Choose the sd card as your destination
4. start sector~ fill in 0 also make sure the directories are correct on left
5. After finish take out card and insert it back in
6. format the card to Fat32 (dont freak if your card is now gigs smaller)
7. extract android folder and copy the folder android on the sd card

take a breath...

Plug YOUR FRIGGEN TABLET IN...
mmmk then

put the card in your tablet and power it on

let linux do its thing

calibrate your screen

...DROID...

Ive done everything what it says, I used the winhex to sort the sdcard out and taken it out and put it back on my computer and formatted to fat32 I then put the android folder onto the sdcard ( the sdcard was 2gb but using the winhex it shrank to just over 700mbs ) I then put the sdcard in the top sd slot on the flytouch2 pressed start and held down the sound + and home button went into the update set up i pressed the update zip one and it says found files ect ect and said it cant update updates cancelled am pretty sure ive done it wrong ..... how do you get into the recovery many thanks for your help

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
U don't boot into recovery... u just turn the tablet on with the burned sd card inserted

Your welcome :)

In the last update post, someone posted up a link for a program for windows to reformat and partition the sd card, ofcourse like I've mention if you have a linux operation system like ubuntu, partitioning an sd card is simple but unlikely some or none of you run it.
I'm not sure if the disk management can repartition an sd card in win7

If anyone knows were that sd card partition tool is. It would be appreciated.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

geordiemark

Dec 11, 2010
ok ive just put the sdcard in the top slot turned the flytouch2 on and nothings happened is there something else i have to do to start the update

testfeek

Mar 3, 2011
Its not working can anybody help me out here? Its just keeps on starting up normaly, been trying it for hours, step by step every times but no luck. I think am stuck on 2852 for now

testfeek

Mar 3, 2011
I did it like you you told me. Just is not working, when i put the sd card in and press power, just a normal boot, i can even see the files on the card and use it normal, like there is no bootable sd made. used windows 7 to make it (about 20 times) its not working.

geordiemark

Dec 11, 2010
pearl ive just used it on windows 7 maybe if you can right click your mouse over it and click on open with run as administrator that might work

Pearl

Feb 5, 2011
pearl ive just used it on windows 7 maybe if you can right click your mouse over it and click on open with run as administrator that might work

Thannks.

I just realised it's for USB drives ... I had the micro-SD in a SD card slot ! Now worked and reclaimed the partition.

Thanks all !

geordiemark

Dec 11, 2010
rgocal ive cracked it my flytouch2 is now up to date works like a dream a lot faster many thanks for you help

djmimic

Mar 5, 2011
Hey guys,

I have got this update on my Fltouch. Works great. Really impressed. I want to root it now however and have hit a stumbling block. I cannot activate usb debugging mode in applications development as the development option is not there. Any pointers?

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
rgocal ive cracked it my flytouch2 is now up to date works like a dream a lot faster many thanks for you help

Hi Geordie how did you crack it? I've been following the instructions exactly but my tablet just boots as normal. Tried both card slots and remade the card several times. Must be doing something dumb.

Oh and many thanks to Rgocal for the help and info.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Dj
Debugging has been hidden away (for my edditing reasons and anti rooting reasons). You have to use androot. WebPage is on first page of post.

All I can figure for those who isn't working is when you are configuring your sd card for new partitions in winhex, make sure your running as admin and your directories are correct. Pointing towards that first file in folder and writing to the sd card and filling that empty spot (target area I believe) with 0 (zero). Hard to explain while out on date o.0

I'll re-explain in detail tonight for those still having troubles. Yes its hard for those not having program skills on pc. All I stress is the one page that pops up before you burn to your sd card. That's the only area that is (wtf why didn't you work). Don't blame the tablet and don't blame your self.

For those getting the update working congratz and thank you for the thumbs up. For that I might get a folder with some <goodies> I use in it and share.

I'll be back tonight to edit the steps in more detail.

Android Tablet Forum App. *Flytouch2 support Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.