[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
Already ahead of u. But converting that system.tar to an android image is my problem. We need that to be system.img. and no u can't just rename it to .img. not that easy lol

Why don't you...
  1. Extract the tar to like /sdcard/system with either the "busybox tar xvzf" command or even WinZip
  2. Make changes needed (I think files need to be replaced for wifi and screen rotation)
  3. Use YaffsExpert (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jiaofamily.android.yaffs) on your tablet to build a system.img from that folder

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
That and other info I found might be what I'm lookin for.
I got somthing to test. Don't wanna get anyone to excited yet. Froyo is amung us soon my friends.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
To all market goers

Thee amazon android market place is live and altho its different to get use to. I must say, google has some compitition because I like it:)
So head on over to amazon on your tablet and make an account and grab the amazon market place. I havnt tested it yet on the flytouch 2 (under tests) so paid apps should show. It only has about 3k some apps but they are deffinitly adware free and stable. I'll deffinitlet be replacing the infotm market with this market.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I am updating the goodie folder now
Probably the last update it will see

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Added better lookin wallpapers. Probably the ones you will come to see in the future neos rom.
Amazon market place
1 or 2 Live wallpapers
Link2sd. Requires second partition in ext3 format on sd card for apps
media from htc thunderbolt
Couple Boot animations
More organized data

Id remember what all I added. I did more organization than anything. Been busy with the ~project~ seeing that more important.

Sent from my lg ally using Android Tablet Forum App

rrrccc01

Mar 24, 2011
Greetings
New to Android but well versed in HW and SW; Just purchased/received an tablet on/from ebay and started playing with it. Of course the update fails
failed in checking for updates err 301
Is this a Flytouch3? Sure looks like it! Specs are below Can I update with Flytouch Firmware and Android? What are my options?

Tanx in advance
RC

Regardless, here’s what I know so far…

Model number disco
Android version Android2.2-20110302
Baseband version unknown
kernel version 2.6.32.9
zhjun@zhjun-desktop#2
Build number FRF85B
Specs from eBay
CPU: Infortm x220 ARM11
CPU Speed 1Ghz
SDDR Memory 4GB NAND Flash
2xUSB
HDMI out

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Like thee update says. This update is for non foryo flytouch2 tablets. Which ur tablet would not be capadible with this update.
Your tablet has 2.2. We have 2.1
Your tablet tablet does not need updated and if it does. I do have the updated firmware for it but idk how to use it or update it. If you want it. I can post it but figuring how to update it is your chore :)
The updated firmware for the flytouch 2 gen2 or 3 that I have enables flash...now porting that to our devices is a work in process.

Again if you want the firmware for your flytouch (3) pm me :)

JPKenneth

Mar 25, 2011
Just wanted to say thank you. I recently upgraded my Flytouch 2 with your 3245 rom. I found the instructions easy to follow and experience no problems. I also have a ZT-180 which i recently upgraded to the 2.2 Floyo and i must say that even when ZT-180 was running 2.1 the Flytouch 2 beats in hands down running your 2.1. I look forward to future updates and 2.2 Floyo for the Flytouch 2.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Just wanted to say thank you. I recently upgraded my Flytouch 2 with your 3245 rom. I found the instructions easy to follow and experience no problems. I also have a ZT-180 which i recently upgraded to the 2.2 Floyo and i must say that even when ZT-180 was running 2.1 the Flytouch 2 beats in hands down running your 2.1. I look forward to future updates and 2.2 Floyo for the Flytouch 2.

Thanku but this firmware is not mine but I am developing what should be our next update to come
Glad everything went well.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Since my flytouch2 is not useable at the moment(under testing procedures...) can anyone confirm the amazon market place showen paid apps?

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
Greetings everyone. This is my first post here.

I bought this tablet.

It came in a no name box. When I switch it on it shows

1. infotmic splash screen
2. Next a small graphic of tux the linux mascot on the top left hand corner
3. Next screen it shows the text 'Android.' along with a blinking cursor
4. Next up is a black screen with loading graphic written in a funky font. It says android

Than it boots.

I found out that I already have the 3245 update. And things are pretty tied down. They have hidden the Development and usb debugging option. I got it back using launcher pro.

I haven't read through all the posts yet, but now I am counting on an installable rooted rom.

Sent from my Samsung Tab using Android Tablet Forum App

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
Since my flytouch2 is not useable at the moment(under testing procedures...) can anyone confirm the amazon market place showen paid apps?

Works fine here!

Sent from my ICAN 10 (ft2-compatible tablet) using the Android Tablet Forums App

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
That's good to here, a successful replacement for the infotm market.

As far as tied down, yes it is very secure. But u can learn to avoid them in this post and my goods folder I have uploaded at the bottom of my instructions on first page. Everything u need to (play) is in there.

Seems like everyones happily using there flytouch2. No promblems lately:)

Status
Not open for further replies.