[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
I got my replacement power supply from Radio Shack, but it is not cheap. If I remember right, for the power supply, and the correct power tip (yep it is sold separately), it was about $45, but It does put out the proper Voltage and Amperage for the tablet.
My friend lost the box and charger with one of my FT2. Was running both FT2 on 1 charger for a while.
Recently, I was window shopping in our local computer centres in Singapore & bought a replacement unit for just SGD20! That is about USD 17?

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
hp format tool a good one.
I uploaded the amazon market place to show paid apps as a replacement at the moment as for the google market place. All it is, is a missing lib file from 1568 but I havnt found it yet. So those curious amd willing to help out...:) gps fix could be in the 1568 files as well. I havnt been lookin into fixes lately as the froyo has been on my list. My power cord as broken so either finding a replacement or doing surgery on it is on my list as well :/ may bring me to a halt for awhile.
I'll be looking into these fixes if the froyo project gets me to frustrated. (Which its getting to that point, sooooo close.)

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

I am trying to identify why Google Market doesn't show "Paid" apps after the Fly2.1 update 3245. And, Android coding is still very new to me.

Using Root Explorer, I navigated to /Data/Data/Com.Android.vending/Shared-Prefs/Vending-preferences.xml.

Here is what I found: <boolean name="metadata_paid_apps_enabled" value="false" />

Changed it to read: <boolean name="metadata_paid_apps_enabled" value="true" />

Restarted Fly2.1, but Market is still all "Free" apps only.

I have attached a word doc "vending-preferences" that outlines that file from my Update 1561 and Update 3245, and they are quite different.

Perhaps someone can review and determine if I am at least on the right track.

Attachments

• $vending_preferences.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 681

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Did see something in 3245 about locale set to china so this could explain it. Plus gps default also. Wonder if these are linked??

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
nice find:) leave that value set because it acts like a key. no= 0, false yes=1, true but its like a multilock door. you unlocked door knob but what about the saftey lock?
grab that xml from 1658 and push it through using terminal. if you need help, lemme know.
need to get my tablet back up and running so i can try myself...To the nerd store

hazepwn

Mar 30, 2011
Hi, I just got my SuperPAD from Amazon... it's on update #25 something, I want this one on it.... but this messed up my SDHC card (formatted to 705mb and won't show up in Windows 7 Ult. anymore) now I have a flash drive... how do I put this update on??? My sdhc still has the contents of android.zip...(rar) how do i flash it???

vampire365

Mar 12, 2011
EVERYONE is having the same problem with paid apps. That's why a few of us went with the Amazon Marketplace. Not sure how well it works outside the U.S.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
also, my superpad is too slow! paid $225 for this! =(

Expensive. We know. The company pretty much buil tthe tablet and locked all of its nice features away and gave the buyer what they paid for. Price should be dropping soon since the ftiii took over.
Tablet isn't useable since I don't have a working charger so some things are on hold, once its up and running again. I'll be helping with the market fix since I've been given some pointers.
Guess the term we are referring to is that our tablets are locked with the 3245 update :/ not many of us are willing to downgrade back to 1658 as this was a pain to install buuuut seeing the paid apps is nice altho if your saving money, its always good.
~At some point, you'll need to downgrade anywhoooos

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Good old slatedroid
I'll take a look after my finals at college o.0

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.