[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPKenneth

Mar 25, 2011
Came across this while looking for something else Finally my market works and download app's . . . - SlateDroid.com don't know if it's old news, but some other guys have been looking at sorting the market probs. Hope there's something useful in there.

From reading this post I take it that they were having a totally different problem with market like being unable to access market and download any apps. We don't have that problem as our issue is we can't see is the paid apps. One thing interesting I've noticed is I can see my paid apps I've purchased on my ZT-180 in my list of downloads on the Flytouch.

I've been comparing files from the Flytouch with the ZT-180 to see what is different. There appears to be some missing files in the Flytouch when it comes to the market app. One is I've noticed is on the ZT-180 there is an second file running called Android Market Updater which I don't see anywhere on the Flytouch. I also have been reading though some of the system codes to see if anything stick out but having found anything yet.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
All the market updater is to my belief is it looks into your apps you have installed and looks for constant updates but I could be wrong. I believe it could be one of the .jar files in the system framework folders.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

JPKenneth

Mar 25, 2011
Ok I downloaded the latest (I believe to be) Market app and installed it without issue. Works fine but still no paid apps. In my search I came across this link Paid App Availability - Android Market Help which may put some light on the problem. In a prior post it was mention that the default location was in China. If that is case then this may be the reason why we can't get any paid apps.

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
Ok folks I found some time to play today. I've probably duplicated a lot of Rgocal's work, first I tried the app fixes that fake the ID of other phones, then I had a look at manually editing build.prop and Vending-preferences.xml. I got nowhere with this. Then I had a look at the Market on the web and found in my account settings that MAKER MODEL CARRIER fields are blank, so is it because our tablets are not being identified and therefore the Market won't allow us the paid apps. If so where is it getting the info from?

Just some food for thought.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
on 1568 it shows maker as Infotm and model as Deb any help?? carrier is blank by the way.
Ok folks I found some time to play today. I've probably duplicated a lot of Rgocal's work, first I tried the app fixes that fake the ID of other phones, then I had a look at manually editing build.prop and Vending-preferences.xml. I got nowhere with this. Then I had a look at the Market on the web and found in my account settings that MAKER MODEL CARRIER fields are blank, so is it because our tablets are not being identified and therefore the Market won't allow us the paid apps. If so where is it getting the info from?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

JPKenneth

Mar 25, 2011

On my account it is showing my phnoe and my ZT-180 not my Flytouch 2.

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
I'm now sure this is the problem. I've edited my build.prop file and changed the fingerprint a few times now. Most of the market fix apps do this for you. They just change it to a device ID Google likes. But it's not working so Google must be identifying the device some other way. My system info also shows saweepad... The answer is in here somewhere guys.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Man I wish I could help here o.0 tablets battery dead and charger crapped out.
If anyone can, rebuild.prop in your system and once paid apps show, upload the success for us.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum App

scigo

Mar 27, 2011
Just wanted to say thank you for all the info here. I bought my FL2 gen1 a day ago with 1561 version an looking to update it in the evening. I just read pretty much all the posts here. A lot of work has been done as far as I can see. Keep it up.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Good choice of tablet ;)
Welcome to the community

Will I'll be back in buisiness. Bought a battery backup charger for my flytouch2.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

JPKenneth

Mar 25, 2011
Here is the good. I was able to get the paid tab to show in market. At one time it tried to load the paid apps list and I got an network error unable to connect to server. I've changed so main things but I believe some of the answers are in the attached file. If you don't have the line add it. If you do change it to match. Also after you save the file move the backup file to you SD card as it kept replacing the new file with the old one. This one drove me nuts. Reboot when done.

I didn't do any changes to the build.prop as it looked much the same as the ZT-180 file. The ZT file did have more lines relating to phone settings but I'm using the new 2.2 from Zenithink on a generation 1 ZT-180. Runs smooth.

Another thing I notices is the Google maps now starts up with my location and not some where in China. Not sure how I managed that.

As far as my market account settings my ZT in now listed and my Flytouch is gone. I did manage to have it show last night. I'll keep probing away.

View attachment $vending.txt

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Nice work!

Sent from my deb using Android Tablet Forum

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
Good find JP, I've had a play with but no luck with that but I had a look at the wife's zt180 and there's a billing_prefs.xml in with the vending_preferences.xml, haven't figured out how to copy it yet. On a positive note Market Enabler has now faked the Carrier ID in the market account, just need to fake a friendly phone.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Hi Guys, I bougth a Flytouch only 3 weeks ago, and love it even with its obvious deficiencies! I am keen to look into all flash updates etc, but am finding it hard to determine even which flytouch I have! I am sure one of you will be able to help. The seller marketed it as a "2nd Generation X220 Android 2.2 Epad Zt-180 S006 M005 Tablet PC Camera 3G GPS Wifi" 2nd Generation X220 Android 2.2 Epad Zt-180 S006 M005 Tablet...USD 158.70/Piece,2 Items Per Lot Wholesale Price at ********** When I asked him What it was, he said a Wowpad, so dont know if he even knows, my guess is FT2 gen 2.

Heres what info I have from the device:
Model number: Disco
Android version: 2.2-20110316
Baseband: unknown
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: FRF85B
CPU: ARMv6 rev 5 (Any other info u want from Android System Info?)

Physical Description:
2 USB, 1 HDMI Out, 1 SD Slot

Main Issue is Flash:
Youtube vids work in default browser sort of. very choppy. Do not work in any other browser even skyfire. Come up as unsupported.
youtube.apk didnt help. signed_youtube.apk from honeycomb sort of worked video in browsers would start perfectly, but would crash out after a few seconds of video. app would not load.
Wifi & GPS OK, have not tried rj45 (Wont bother) or hdmi (waiting cable).

Hope someone can easily identify!

Status
Not open for further replies.