[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Hi Guys, I bougth a Flytouch only 3 weeks ago, and love it even with its obvious deficiencies! I am keen to look into all flash updates etc, but am finding it hard to determine even which flytouch I have! I am sure one of you will be able to help. The seller marketed it as a "2nd Generation X220 Android 2.2 Epad Zt-180 S006 M005 Tablet PC Camera 3G GPS Wifi" 2nd Generation X220 Android 2.2 Epad Zt-180 S006 M005 Tablet...USD 158.70/Piece,2 Items Per Lot Wholesale Price at ********** When I asked him What it was, he said a Wowpad, so dont know if he even knows, my guess is FT2 gen 2.

Heres what info I have from the device:
Model number: Disco
Android version: 2.2-20110316
Baseband: unknown
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: FRF85B
CPU: ARMv6 rev 5 (Any other info u want from Android System Info?)

Physical Description:
2 USB, 1 HDMI Out, 1 SD Slot

Main Issue is Flash:
Youtube vids work in default browser sort of. very choppy. Do not work in any other browser even skyfire. Come up as unsupported.
youtube.apk didnt help. signed_youtube.apk from honeycomb sort of worked video in browsers would start perfectly, but would crash out after a few seconds of video. app would not load.
Wifi & GPS OK, have not tried rj45 (Wont bother) or hdmi (waiting cable).

Hope someone can easily identify!
This is a flytouch 2 gen 2 tablet, different update procedure to gen 1 and different firmware.
There is a thread on this forum about it.

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
Hi Guys, I bougth a Flytouch only 3 weeks ago, and love it even with its obvious deficiencies! I am keen to look into all flash updates etc, but am finding it hard to determine even which flytouch I have! I am sure one of you will be able to help. The seller marketed it as a "2nd Generation X220 Android 2.2 Epad Zt-180 S006 M005 Tablet PC Camera 3G GPS Wifi" 2nd Generation X220 Android 2.2 Epad Zt-180 S006 M005 Tablet...USD 158.70/Piece,2 Items Per Lot Wholesale Price at ********** When I asked him What it was, he said a Wowpad, so dont know if he even knows, my guess is FT2 gen 2.

Heres what info I have from the device:
Model number: Disco
Android version: 2.2-20110316
Baseband: unknown
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: FRF85B
CPU: ARMv6 rev 5 (Any other info u want from Android System Info?)

Physical Description:
2 USB, 1 HDMI Out, 1 SD Slot

Main Issue is Flash:
Youtube vids work in default browser sort of. very choppy. Do not work in any other browser even skyfire. Come up as unsupported.
youtube.apk didnt help. signed_youtube.apk from honeycomb sort of worked video in browsers would start perfectly, but would crash out after a few seconds of video. app would not load.
Wifi & GPS OK, have not tried rj45 (Wont bother) or hdmi (waiting cable).

Hope someone can easily identify!

Just got the same thing, the box is branded SuperPad III but it is known on a p a d (dot) tv as a SuperPad2/FlyTouch3. Head over to:
http://www.a p a d (dot) tv /apadforum/showthread.php?309-New-rooted-ROM-more-to-come

They're fixing this issues with a custom ROM. The update process is MUCH easier than the gen1 tablets...no need to create a bootable SD card!

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
That tablet is questioned...if its got 1sd card. Its questioned to be a flytouch at all but again uses the same kernel,system,hardware as the ft variant gen2 tablets. Part of the ft512 variants as their are 2. 1sd card holders and 2sd card holders.

I thought creating a custom rom looked way to frigen easy for those tablets, they may see headway before us.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

JPKenneth

Mar 25, 2011
Good find JP, I've had a play with but no luck with that but I had a look at the wife's zt180 and there's a billing_prefs.xml in with the vending_preferences.xml, haven't figured out how to copy it yet. On a positive note Market Enabler has now faked the Carrier ID in the market account, just need to fake a friendly phone.

One other thing I did was re-install some of the apps. Go into Root Explorer under system\apps and try reinstalling market. Actually I redid every app that would let you install them again. This was something I read some where on the web. Also clear the cache for market before trying it again.

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
How do you extract the files from the

ramdisk.img
system.img
userdata.img
zSYS.img

I have exhausted all tools. I used unnyaffs, telechips firmware image extraction tools.

Nothing seems to work.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
That tablet is questioned...if its got 1sd card. Its questioned to be a flytouch at all but again uses the same kernel,system,hardware as the ft variant gen2 tablets. Part of the ft512 variants as their are 2. 1sd card holders and 2sd card holders.

I thought creating a custom rom looked way to frigen easy for those tablets, they may see headway before us.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
So is a ft2 Gen 2 a ft3?
I have also seen the confusion over the 1sd vs 2sd ft's, which is why i am having sucha hard time working out what mine is!
if i apply the wrong update, am i going to brick my device? or will it just not install if it is wrong update for the device?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
For now,

1sd = SuperPAD II -> Android 2.2 with 512MB RAM
2sd = SuperPAD I -> Android 2.1 with 256MB RAM

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
For now,

TO MANY FLYTOUCH2S 0.0

That's what I thought since I seen over at slatedroid they came to that decision.

Unyaffs won't work on those imgs :/ they are raw images not yaffs2 and once written to the tablet, read only and encrypted

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
For now,

Many thanks xaueious,
For my own sanity, i take it the latest firmware for my Superpad II is the ones you posted on thread:
My SuperPAD II experience (firmware post #17)
Deposit Files
And how do i tell my current firmware version number? Android System Info?
Mine says Fingerprint: generic/wwe10/wwe10/:2.2/FRF85B/eng.flyrea.20110316.112313:user/test-keys
Please excuse my ignorance its my first android device.

Last edited:

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
@rgocal, hod did you manage to extract and create them images ? Also is there any way to extract files from the img's and repackage them too?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
@rgocal, hod did you manage to extract and create them images ? Also is there any way to extract files from the img's and repackage them too?

The firmware I am creating the upgrade is from the superpad2 or ftii variant 2. Their firmware is packaged in a .rar file instead of .img so making custom roms for the ftii variant to would be simple as pie. But I have no plans on buying one anytime soon or at all.
As far img. Goes. Those files from the ftii 3245 update are raw images meant to copy paste and install. Encrypted to be non editable. Creating your own image from the sdk is the only way plus making the system img you created bootable in yaffs2 format using a linux operating system. The default .prop file in the system files of 3245 shows they are yaffs2 but that's after they are installed but the tablet is adb disabled in this update.
I've downgraded to 16xx update because of experimental project at the moment.
If your a windows expert and knowing what .imgs do, android is a whole new beast so everything you thought u mastered is blah now.

And to clarify which I believe some people believe this... I DID NOT create this update, an unkown superpad distributer did.

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
Can someone PM me the build.prop from 3245? I replaced mine with one from a FT3 ROM and failed to backup the 3245 file. Now some apps are crashing and I'd rather not reflash again. Thanks!

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Can someone PM me the build.prop from 3245? I replaced mine with one from a FT3 ROM and failed to backup the 3245 file. Now some apps are crashing and I'd rather not reflash again. Thanks!

Ooops
Want the 3245 or 1658?

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
I just downloaded the 1623 update.zip for the flytouch. I understand I have to work on these to make a customized rom. I normally use Ubuntu 9.0.4 but if Windows can do the job better am all for it. I am quite new to this whole android thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.