[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

pen

Apr 2, 2011
Hi all!
I have installed this update on my superpad, and now its stop at android boot screen.
Anybody has idea for this.

Many thanks

pen

Apr 2, 2011
It can take a little while for the update process to finish

It's finished without fault.
After I restart its stop at the boot screen (android_), and the cursor is blinking but nothing happens for hours.

Last edited:

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
@rgcocal I upgraded to Ubuntu Karmic. Installed the Eclipse galileo and the android sdk. I have the the 16xx rom update.zip for the device. Can you guide what I have to do next to create
my own custom rom.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Custom roms for the flytouch2 havnt even been successful yet their bro. So if you figure it out. Lemme know lol:) I am working off of the superpad 2 firmware but with that firmware I had to replace the drivers and couple other things but working with the 16xx update would be a good idea as well. As I understand, in order to install a custom update.zip we need to get the clockwork mod install...but their is not one for the flytouch2 so we have to build it, which is off our knowledge at the moment. I am currently trying to make a clockwork recovery img. mod. Join my group I made to keep up-to-date on the progress (everyone if you wish) what I did discover in ubuntu that you can access the signature files and browse the signatures. Maybe tweaking them will allow success? In the meta folder, unkown material for windows.

Android_ hanging? I would try reflashing the sd card then reflashing the firmware. If your still their, clear your cache in the recovery. Hold Volume up and home right after it powers on, menu for enter and volume keys as navigation. If the sd card is damaged in anyway, the flash process will not succeed. Internally or externally, the problem is not always the user but ofcourse we always accassionally get the ID10T error. :)

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

pen

Apr 2, 2011
Hi all!
I have installed this update on my superpad, and now its stop at android boot screen.
Anybody has idea for this.

Many thanks

I tried to put back older official firmware but i'm always stuck at green screen. Tried factory reset, and clear cache also.
Any idea.
Thanks for help

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
I tried to put back older official firmware but i'm always stuck at green screen. Tried factory reset, and clear cache also.
Any idea.
Thanks for help

mine stuck the same, so leave on green screen for a couple of minutes,then hold power button down to turn off,then enter recovery and apply update again. worked for me

Sent from my deb using Android Tablet Forum

pen

Apr 2, 2011
mine stuck the same, so leave on green screen for a couple of minutes,then hold power button down to turn off,then enter recovery and apply update again. worked for me

A tried all solutions, but doesnt work :(
It means that its bricked?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
A tried all solutions, but doesnt work :(
It means that its bricked?

No brick means when you press the power button, nothing happens. A dead device only salvageable with the hopes of jtag.

Matty

Mar 30, 2011
Hey I I'm still using deb.r2.1 1561 can anyone help me out and catch me up to the differences in the firmware I have now and this one. Thanks

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Hey I I'm still using deb.r2.1 1561 can anyone help me out and catch me up to the differences in the firmware I have now and this one. Thanks

3245 difference
Lockscreen
Smoother ui
Newer flytouch system apps (upgrades)
Development options (hidden)
Adb disabled
Recovery partition hidden (doesn't conscern you)
Live wallpapers disabled (we fixed)
Market free apps only (working on fix for paid apps)
Pretty much that's it...updating is up to you as it is a semi deifficult process unless your computer savy

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
@rgocal I talked to the vendor of these tablets and they said the rom images are build by a different software solution company. And no more answers seem to be forth coming. What kind of sick twisted mind takes open source and encrypts it.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
@rgocal I talked to the vendor of these tablets and they said the rom images are build by a different software solution company. And no more answers seem to be forth coming. What kind of sick twisted mind takes open source and encrypts it.

Your thinkin what I'm thinken :/ but its all about the money. U c they know the community can get together and create a greate firmware for the tablet but they just smack a tablet together that looks good and locks its potentials away in a crap firmware. Brag about how awsome it is than once its sold, its a surprise to the owner once u receive it but waiting 1-3 weeks for a tablet you ordered, you have no thought of returning it.
I promise you, we will find a way :) and I'm close once I get the clockwork recovery built, I'll be lookin for a team on building a firmware so keep that in mind.
I've also seen this, happened with the lg ally, my android phone. A dev team finally cracked the boot image and installed a successful froyo port to the phone...lg found the source and released the froyo update as soon as we all got excited so that team got ticked off...I'm afraid somthing like that could happen to a tablet. Open source is great, but some company's will abuse the open source code.

twh

Apr 3, 2011
First off I'd like to say Hi to all. I just joined today. Will this update be ok for my superpad?:confused:

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
@rgocal anyway I can help you or be part of a team building a good unlocked open source firmware for this tablet ?

Your thinkin what I'm thinken :/ but its all about the money. U c they know the community can get together and create a greate firmware for the tablet but they just smack a tablet together that looks good and locks its potentials away in a crap firmware. Brag about how awsome it is than once its sold, its a surprise to the owner once u receive it but waiting 1-3 weeks for a tablet you ordered, you have no thought of returning it.
I promise you, we will find a way :) and I'm close once I get the clockwork recovery built, I'll be lookin for a team on building a firmware so keep that in mind.
I've also seen this, happened with the lg ally, my android phone. A dev team finally cracked the boot image and installed a successful froyo port to the phone...lg found the source and released the froyo update as soon as we all got excited so that team got ticked off...I'm afraid somthing like that could happen to a tablet. Open source is great, but some company's will abuse the open source code.

Status
Not open for further replies.