[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronCPgh

Apr 5, 2011
Just updated to 3245. Love it. Took a little doing with the winhex as I was selecting the upper area location of my SD card to set up, but when I figured it out it was super smooth. I hope I can still get my updates from the mfr though. Also, Astro file mgr is priceless in backing things up. Thanks all for your help and hard work. :)

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Hey rgocal, TCH (thechillhacker) is developing a custom rom for FT2v2 over on apad dot tv /apadforum/showthread.php?309-New-rooted-ROM-more-to-come.
He now claims this:

"Also, a little off topic, but I noticed a couple things when I was repairing some padds the other day. First off, the FT3 firmwares I am uploading will work on FT2 units. I tested this earlier today, and they actually run quite nicely. So that opens up a bunch more devices."

Might be interesting to check out as it is of course an android 2.2 rom (I have an FT2v2, but thought you might be interested).
I have my doubts due to the hardware differences that this would be a good idea?
I posted question as to wether he is referring to the FT2v1 android 2.1 device when he says FT2. I'll let you know what he says. pS: flash does work on FT2v2 roms since 0302, but it is a little flaky black and white and laggy. It is the adobe flash 10.1 player. Also, his rom fixes screen brightness a bit, ads ad-hoc networks and should now include the fix for the sound output levels on the speakers.

I did see that to chandos. It is indead android 2.2 buuut I don't see how he said he installed it on the flytouch2 because it uses their format and their drivers which are different. I did indead download his rom so I'm taking a look at it. Just looks like a cleaned up firmware with better programs to run on the tablet. Idk how he installed it to one nor how it would work since the superpad2 has different drivers than us.
Once we/I create the clockwork recovery. I can than repackage that rom to an update.zip and port it over to the flytouch2. Why I mentioned in one of my post we will be seeing a lot of firmware to choose from here lately.
This week I'll be posting a version 2 of the 3245 update. An official update from infotmic. Its the same but seems a little smoother. Needs same tweeks as this update tho.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Nova

Mar 30, 2011
This update was a fantastic experience...

I picked up a SanDisk 4GB MicroSD card at Best Buy for $12, the 2 GB was the same price so I went for the larger one.
The formatting of the SD card went smoothly, I just followed the instructions step by step.
I inserted the SD card into the top slot of my SuperPad powered it on and the upgrade happened with no interaction from me.
I rebooted when asked, calibrated and put my user settings back in.

Everything is smooth as silk, especially the 3D Rotation animation which was super slow with the official update.
Mt wife will love the fact that Angry Birds runs much smoother than before, now I just need an anti-glare screen protector so the finger will slide smoothly.

The Google Maps program also pinpoints my exact location, it no longer thinks that I am in China. I bought mine specifically for the big screen GPS as I do a lot of missions for the Patriot Guard and as a ride captain it is easier to have everything set up in Google Maps before I hit the road and my Droid X is just too small to see everything when I have to search the map.

I am enjoying the Android Market better because I don't have to sort past the pay apps to find the free ones.
If I want a pay App I just log onto the Market with the web browser to go get one.

Question:
1. How do I install the Boot Animations?
2. How do I install the APPS?

Please forgive the questions if they have been answered before, I am very knew to all of this and I will use being an old man as a backup excuse. :)

Thank you for all that you do.

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Great to here. I have a package ready for download below the instructions. Everything u need is in there to spice up your tablet with this update.
Root installer, boot animation installer, system app unistaller/installer, ect.

Nova

Mar 30, 2011
Great to here. I have a package ready for download below the instructions. Everything u need is in there to spice up your tablet with this update.
Root installer, boot animation installer, system app unistaller/installer, ect.

I downloaded the package already, thank you, I just did not find instructions in the package of how to install the Boot Animations or Apps.

Did I miss something, or is there a link to some instructions somewhere on this site?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
No link just many of us already talked about it earlier in the post. What you wanna do is install absolute system. Which requires root to use. Start up the app and ul see a boot animation option. If you click on downloaded animations, those are the ones I preloaded but once connected to wifi you can click on the boot animation option and a whole list of them will appear for you to download and preview. Just simply click on it and it will download and install for you. Same goes for the font installer. (I prefer the droid myself:) and honeycomb boot animation I preloaded. that app will also allow you to pretty much let you do whatever. Just be carefull on what you do. Don't unistall system apps you don't know what they do or ul get force closes.

I'm gonna try to work extra hard today on that clockwork mod and post that alternative 3245 for those interested. I find it attractive for the little things and the things I needed to get to in this 3245 were secure but in the new one, theyr not secured so I can work and help in same update now. Still no market fix tho. Been trying to figure that one out. I think I'm close tho, got the paid apps option to show but it closes and goes back.

geordiemark

Dec 11, 2010
thanks for all your hard graft in helping everyone on the forum rgocal and others to and you suit orange haha

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Eh I try. :) (pretending to type an essay in pc class)

MalazanE

Apr 7, 2011
Rgocal, just wanted to say thanks [along with everybody else]. I haven't burned the update, but I have rooted and used several of the goodie apps, and I like my pad much better now :) So thankyou for all your hardwork, it IS appreciated...

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Your very welcome

thehaggis

Apr 8, 2011
I've done something wrong, though I've ran thru the steps several times. Everything installs nicely. i get the (Take off SD and reboot), i take it out and it actually reboots itself. Then i run into issues...

After a boot loop at the android logo loading screen, I eventually get a dialog box with "Sorry! Process system is not responding. Force close or Wait"

Any clue what I've done wrong?

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
o.0 Thaaats an odd one... have you tried flashing it several times?

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
I am trying to identify why Google Market doesn't show "Paid" apps after the Fly2.1 update 3245. And, Android coding is still very new to me.

Using Root Explorer, I navigated to /Data/Data/Com.Android.vending/Shared-Prefs/Vending-preferences.xml.

Here is what I found: <boolean name="metadata_paid_apps_enabled" value="false" />

Changed it to read: <boolean name="metadata_paid_apps_enabled" value="true" />

Restarted Fly2.1, but Market is still all "Free" apps only.

I have attached a word doc "vending-preferences" that outlines that file from my Update 1561 and Update 3245, and they are quite different.

Perhaps someone can review and determine if I am at least on the right track.

Here is my current lead in tracking down the elusive Missing Market Paid Apps.

1. Using "Root Explorer", navigate to and Delete all Cache entries at "/data/data/com.android.vending/cache".

2. Same here, Delete "/data/data/com.android.vending/shared_perfs/vending_preferences.xml".

3. Launch "Market". From the home page, select the "Apps" tab. Then, select "All applications". Note that
only two category selection tabs are available, "Top free" and "Just in". Close "Market".

4. Using "Root Explorer", navigate to "/data/data/com.android.vending/shared_perfs". You will see that "Market" has now created a fresh "vending_preferences.xml" file as shown below:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<map>
<boolean name="metadata_billing_events_enabled" value="true" />
<int name="SERVER_VERSION" value="2" />
<boolean name="metadata_comment_post_enabled" value="true" />
<string name="vending_tos_version">1.0.0</string>
<int name="device_configuration_hash" value="1032462312" />
<boolean name="metadata_paid_apps_enabled" value="false" />
<int name="reconciled_version" value="1713" />
<long name="last_sync_time" value="1302281255218" />
</map>
5. I then revised the vending preferences to read as follows:
<map>
<long name="last_tickle_id" value="1302268700863" />
<long name="MARKET_LAST_HEARTBEAT_TIMESTAMP" value="1302268957697" />
<int name="last_checkin_hash" value="-1198580347" />
<int name="reconciled_version" value="2002304" />
<long name="last_sync_time" value="1302268902117" />
<string name="last_build_fingerprint">infotm/SAWEE/deb/:2.1-update1/ERE27/2.2.3245:user/test-keys</string>
<boolean name="metadata_in_app_billing_enabled" value="true" />
<boolean name="metadata_paid_apps_enabled" value="true" />
<boolean name="notify_updates" value="true" />
</map>
6. Launch "Market". From the home page, select the "Apps" tab. Then, select "All applications". Note that there are now three category selection tabs available, "Top paid" and "Top free" and "Just in". Also, you will see the message "No matching content in Android Market". Close "Market".

It appears to me that something is still missing that may or may not be associated with the "vending_preferences.xml" file.

Comments and/or suggestions for further investigation requested.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Here is the original market apk dont know if you can gain any clue from the install
Here is my current lead in tracking down the elusive Missing Market Paid Apps.

1. Using "Root Explorer", navigate to and Delete all Cache entries at "/data/data/com.android.vending/cache".

2. Same here, Delete "/data/data/com.android.vending/shared_perfs/vending_preferences.xml".

3. Launch "Market". From the home page, select the "Apps" tab. Then, select "All applications". Note that
only two category selection tabs are available, "Top free" and "Just in". Close "Market".

4. Using "Root Explorer", navigate to "/data/data/com.android.vending/shared_perfs". You will see that "Market" has now created a fresh "vending_preferences.xml" file as shown below:
<map>
<boolean name="metadata_paid_apps_enabled" value="false" />
<int name="reconciled_version" value="1713" />
<long name="last_sync_time" value="1302281255218" />
</map>
5. I then revised the vending preferences to read as follows:
<map>
<long name="last_tickle_id" value="1302268700863" />
<long name="MARKET_LAST_HEARTBEAT_TIMESTAMP" value="1302268957697" />
<int name="last_checkin_hash" value="-1198580347" />
<int name="reconciled_version" value="2002304" />
<long name="last_sync_time" value="1302268902117" />
<string name="last_build_fingerprint">infotm/SAWEE/deb/:2.1-update1/ERE27/2.2.3245:user/test-keys</string>
<boolean name="metadata_in_app_billing_enabled" value="true" />
<boolean name="metadata_paid_apps_enabled" value="true" />
<boolean name="notify_updates" value="true" />
</map>
6. Launch "Market". From the home page, select the "Apps" tab. Then, select "All applications". Note that there are now three category selection tabs available, "Top paid" and "Top free" and "Just in". Also, you will see the message "No matching content in Android Market". Close "Market".

It appears to me that something is still missing that may or may not be associated with the "vending_preferences.xml" file.

Comments and/or suggestions for further investigation requested.

Attachments

• $AndroidMarket.zip
    581.3 KB · Views: 238
Status
Not open for further replies.