[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
I took a look at the "AndroidMarket.apk" using a Windows program called "APK Edit". I browsed through the Market files and noted several references to "Android.Blackmarketapp". I am not yet fluent in "Droid", but if a black market version of "Market" was pinned to 3245; it seems to me that this might have something to do with the absence of "Paid" apps. I am speculating here in that my knowledge is limited.

What do you think?

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
I took a look at the "AndroidMarket.apk" using a Windows program called "APK Edit". I browsed through the Market files and noted several references to "Android.Blackmarketapp". I am not yet fluent in "Droid", but if a black market version of "Market" was pinned to 3245; it seems to me that this might have something to do with the absence of "Paid" apps. I am speculating here in that my knowledge is limited.

What do you think?

the one i attached is the one thats packaged with 1568

Sent from my deb using Android Tablet Forum

Xenios

Mar 21, 2011
With the 3245 Update some of the goodies disappear from the tablet as well as many of the languages installed (ex. Greek Language)

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
the one i attached is the one thats packaged with 1568

OK, here is how I now see the "NO PAID APPS" problem. We can not get paid Market apps because the tablet is telling Market that it is in Shanghai, China. This is reinforced by the fact that when the Fly2.1.1.3245 first starts up the desktop "Calender" and "Weather" widgets are set for January 1, 2001 in Shanghai China! That just may be the problem.

If someone is still running with Update 1561, does your Calendar and Weather widgets start up in China? I can't remember. Once WIFI gets running this is automatically fixed, but I suspect that Shanghai is still lerking somewhere within the Android code.

I came to this conclusion after checking out the Android Market verbage at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and reviewing the "Availability for users" listing of countries where users can purchase applications. Hong Kong and Singapore are listed, SHANGHAI and the rest of China is not. Also, at the end of the listing is this note: "Users reported problems with at least several mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) in some of the countries listed above whose subscribers can't access priced applications."

Looks to me like someone with more Droid savvy than me needs to pursue this a bit further.

Buzzy

Apr 5, 2011
I think you are on to something geofferyh. I was in Hong Kong, Philippines, Singapore, and Bali over christmas and my samsung galaxy that could see paid apps in Canada could not see them over in asia. When i turn on my gps it always starts the map in Shanghai and then eventually zooms into where i live in Canada. When it loses sat lock it defaults back to Shanghai. I think the market may have something in the code to block china (or asia). I cant find any way to reset my default home. I am just starting on this long road to learning android so i dont think i can be of much help otherwise.
Now if only i can crack how to get ubuntu netbook edition to install.

Last edited:

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
well 1568 starts in china on the widgets so locale must be stored somewhere else in the code on 3245. I feel this is staring us in the face so I understand your frustration. I will have a look at the apk later as well.

MadBob

Apr 9, 2011
Really struggling, get "cannot access" popup after winhex finishes, all seems ok except the card size, tested on two sd cards 6gb and 1gb also two different sd readers on two laptops. Cards are both still same size (6gb 1gb) after winhex and before formatting.

Edit 1
Ok sorted, was setting c:\temp for both folder options, and picking logical not physical drive. Now got 705mb drive formatted, just got to flash now.

Edit 2
Flashed and apart from known issues, also had problem with gmail, first time I ran it I was asked for usual login details which went ok, but then gmail icon would tell me it was not installed, after reboot the icon had changed to a blank one.

I rooted and checked with root explorer and it was in the apps folder. Then I installed launcherpro and for some reason that works with gmail icon. Cannot understand what the difference is, or why one way works, just happy it does.

Last edited:

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
I think you are on to something geofferyh. I was in Hong Kong, Philippines, Singapore, and Bali over christmas and my samsung galaxy that could see paid apps in Canada could not see them over in asia. When i turn on my gps it always starts the map in Shanghai and then eventually zooms into where i live in Canada. When it loses sat lock it defaults back to Shanghai. I think the market may have something in the code to block china (or asia). I cant find any way to reset my default home. I am just starting on this long road to learning android so i dont think i can be of much help otherwise.
Now if only i can crack how to get ubuntu netbook edition to install.

having a sniff round the system in 1568 I found that in accounts.db/android metadata my locale is gb which is corrrect for me. Wonder without flashing again if anyone can tell me is this correct in 3245???just thought this may be the cause of the market problem??

MadBob

Apr 9, 2011
having a sniff round the system in 1568 I found that in accounts.db/android metadata my locale is gb which is corrrect for me. Wonder without flashing again if anyone can tell me is this correct in 3245???just thought this may be the cause of the market problem??

Mine shows en_US and I have no paid apps on 3245

MadBob

Apr 9, 2011
/data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs edit vending_prefs.xml and set metadata_paid_apps_enabled to true, save on exit, then after running market this setting is changed back to false.

It must be stored in a database somewhere, or maybe related to gps details.

When I run gps test it thinks I am in china, never got gps to work on my tablet, if we could clear gps settings out, or change it to show another country it may fix problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.