[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPKenneth

Mar 25, 2011
/data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs edit vending_prefs.xml and set metadata_paid_apps_enabled to true, save on exit, then after running market this setting is changed back to false.

It must be stored in a database somewhere, or maybe related to gps details.

When I run gps test it thinks I am in china, never got gps to work on my tablet, if we could clear gps settings out, or change it to show another country it may fix problem.

When you edit the vending_prefs.xml file a back up file is created. You need to move this file to you SD card or delete as, for unknown reason, it restores the backup file overwriting the new file. This drove me crazy until I figure it out.

As for the location I have searched everywhere without success. I'm beginning to believe it is hard coded some where in the kernel. The only other place I haven't looked is in one of the databases.

Ken

JPKenneth

Mar 25, 2011
I took ride with the new 2.2 that is available over on XDA Developers site and although they are heading in the right direction it is far from being completed. It's a little flakey and no flash. After a few days I switched back to 3245 which is much more stable and functional. The funny thing it has the same problem with paid apps not showing in market also.

Ken

kamchatka

Mar 25, 2011
I dumped the files from the ramdisk.img of both stages (stragulus froyo update for flytouch2). In the first stage, the init.rc file is creating a minimal bootable system. The other image files contains preciously nothing. In the second stage ramdisk he is setting up the complete system and initializing through init.rc. And this time he is using a normal system.tar.gz to contain all the froyo files. If you know what you are doing you can play with it and slipstream apps and what not.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I dumped the files from the ramdisk.img of both stages (stragulus froyo update for flytouch2). In the first stage, the init.rc file is creating a minimal bootable system. The other image files contains preciously nothing. In the second stage ramdisk he is setting up the complete system and initializing through init.rc. And this time he is using a normal system.tar.gz to contain all the froyo files. If you know what you are doing you can play with it and slipstream apps and what not.

Enteresting...
(I've been mia lately; working & college & project.)

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Will be sharing the infotomic version of the 3245 firmware today for those intermediate users interested.
Once the market paid app fix is found for 3245, feel free to create a post dedicated.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Its official ^^)

NOTE: This is not an update (or is it?), this is an alternate version to the 3245 firmware. This firmware was meant for a chinese version of burntool which inturn I had to repackage the files to work on the winhex boot intaller method.
Sidenote: First time I posted, kernel was damaged as we found out ,so I replaced it.
This month starts the release of Alternative firmware for the flytouch2 (Superpad) tablets for the community. If you were not successful in the 3245 installation, this may not be for you.

rgocal-albums-flytouch2-goods-plans-i-include-future-custom-rom-picture2079-3245.jpg

OS Specs
*Android2.1.1
*Version 2.2-3245
*Sawee pad (I.D.)
*Market is still free apps only
*Development option still hidden
*Live wallpapers still disabled

~Download Link Package~
-Android.rar (firmware files to extract to sdcard after partitioning)
-Backgrounds from goods folder
-Esential apps from goods folder
-WinHex
-Live Wallpaper fix
~sorry for the big file :/~
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CMS6NNPV

Flytouch 2 Gen1 (Superpad)
Update 2.1.1.3245-V2.2

By: Ryan Gocal
(rgocal)

*Preperation*
(NOTE: If you still have winhex still installed on your machine from your last update from 3245 and you still remember how to do perform the update process, go ahead and skip this)
1.Extract the partitioner.rar file and make a folder like I dont know...FTii Recovery Tool on your desktop
2. Proceed in win hex folder and click on winhex.exe located in second folder on the bottom of list (run as admin if your running win7)
3. On the tool bar click on options, general
4. Setting up your work enviroment~ make folder for temp. files somwhere on your hdd or point it to your FTii recovery tool folder
5. click ok and close out of winhex

!Make Boot sector to SD Card! *Caution, This is the only place you can screw up and your sd card should result in a 709mb storage device, if not you failed.

~Run WinHex.exe (if running win7 run as admin)
1. On the toolbar click... tools, disk tools, clone disk
2. Choose file (aben.start sector.001) its the first file in the recovery folder you made, thee important one.
3. Choose the sd card as your destination, whether its in an sd card adapter or usb adapter.
4. Checklist...source: raw image should be chosen as your sector.001 file, destination medium is going to be your sd card, start sector (destination) Fill in 0 (zero) and click ok. if you recieve any temp. file locator errors, ignore them unless its concerning your preporation setup or this process wont work.
5. After finish it finishes, take out the sdcard, close your winhex and put sdcard back in your system.
6. Your result of the card should be 709mb after you format the card to Fat32, if not you screwed up and restart the process to editing your sd card.
7. Extract android folder and copy the folder android on the sd card

Plug your tablet in or make sure it has a 75% charge.
Now proceed
Happy tabbing ^^0

Knowns that need fixed
-market paid apps
-development enable
-live wallpaper

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Some people have considered this as an update while some have not. I personally havnt seen any performance differences but I do like the new system structure (not noticed by normal android users)

spike666

Apr 11, 2011
Hope someone can help me ...

My flytouch came with 1170 and no matter what update I use, after update my cam is not working.
It's like PAL NTSC issue, green stripes but no cam.

So I run into this threat with update 3245 version with cam fix..
But unfortunaly again cam problems after using this 3245..
So I am stuck on the original 1170 and won;'t be able to use any update with good cam??

Hope someone understand my problem and can give me some direction..

Thanks in advange from Holland....

Last edited:

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
Hope someone can help me ...

My flytouch came with 1170 and no matter what update I use, after update my cam is not working.
It's like PAL NTSC issue, green stripes but no cam.

So I run into this threat with update 3245 version with cam fix..
But unfortunaly again cam problems after using this 3245..
So I am stuck on the original 1170 and won;'t be able to use any update with good cam??

Hope someone understand my problem and can give me some direction..

Thanks in advange from Holland....

I had similar problems. On second install, camera started working. After a bit, install was flaky. Had to install 5th time.

1st: green bars
2nd: camera OK, but unstable (kicked from Market a lot, "Android" animation stayed frozen on boot)
3rd: green bars
4th: solid green
5th: camera OK, occasional "process busy, terminate" on boot but otherwise rock solid

Just let it install from SD each time, and when complete, first thing you do is check the camera. Then cold boot it a few times, to see if you need to repeat.

Good luck.

(owner of a 10" iCan)

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Everything should work now...I hope

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
That was a problem when we upgraded to the 2xxx updates. Wonder why it did that. There shouldn't of been any problems with the camera. I would try clearing the cache if all possible after installing the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.