[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Well sadly to many problems were arising in last firmware so I'll try to work out the bugs and once their all set, I'll re/release it.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

qpr1991

Jan 23, 2011
Ill say this again because I have tested this and it works. Android market enabler works, just install set your carrier and save. Job done

Has any one tried MarketEnabler_v3.1.1.2.apk - market-enabler - MarketEnabler 3.1.1.2 - consider download from Android Market - Android Paid Apps Market Enabler - Google Project Hosting yet. I havent had the time to try it but i am sure it will work. works on my htc hd2 when i had the same problem.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Nice find =)

spike666

Apr 11, 2011
I had similar problems. On second install, camera started working. After a bit, install was flaky. Had to install 5th time.

1st: green bars
2nd: camera OK, but unstable (kicked from Market a lot, "Android" animation stayed frozen on boot)
3rd: green bars
4th: solid green
5th: camera OK, occasional "process busy, terminate" on boot but otherwise rock solid

Just let it install from SD each time, and when complete, first thing you do is check the camera. Then cold boot it a few times, to see if you need to repeat.

Good luck.

(owner of a 10" iCan)

Thanks for your reply and help..
Ater installing about 8x the same sd nothings changes and camera fliks green stripes.
Installing original 1170 give good working cam...
Original update firmware trough wifi on my pad gives the same cam problem.
I guess I have hardware issue wit newer rom higher then 1179 :(

Very weird.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Well sadly to many problems were arising in last firmware so I'll try to work out the bugs and once their all set, I'll re/release it.

Corrupt uimage...hmmm

spike666

Apr 11, 2011
Thank you for your fast help en support.
Cleaning the cache didn't solve the cam problem.
I have put original 1170 back on the pad en cam is working good again..
Like i said maybe I have a hardware problem with higher rom versions?
Sadly :(

[edit] going to download the 3245 again and start the process all over again from the beginning... [/edit]

[Update] Didn't resolve camera problem, camera won't work for me. Back to 1170 original rom version, seems to be the only version for me with a working cam. [/Update]

Bummerr :(

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
:/ somthing I cannot cure. It has to do with the uimage. Idk what about it but it don't like whatevers in there. That's what happened to the second version of 3245 I posted (fixing) kernel and hardware freak out if its not built for it (simple way of putting it)
Why must our superpads be built differently 0.o
I did get the 3245 2 working but I don't notice a difference at all but it is an update so I'll be reposting tomorrow hopefully. No need to update if ur happy with what you have.

spike666

Apr 11, 2011
Seems I have sorted out the cam problem.

Maybe I am a fool but I it seems to work.

Used ramdisk.img, system.img and userdata.img out of the 3245 rom.
Used recovery.rd.img and uImage out of the 1170 rom.

Burned it with burntool and cam works now..

Going to test my pad some more and will let you know if anybody is interested.

Thanks for all the fast replies and help..

Greeting from Holland.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Seems I have sorted out the cam problem.

Maybe I am a fool but I it seems to work.

Used ramdisk.img, system.img and userdata.img out of the 3245 rom.
Used recovery.rd.img and uImage out of the 1170 rom.

Burned it with burntool and cam works .

The firmware should react differently since u r using a different kernel. I'm enterested to know how that works. Good thinking. ^^)

spike666

Apr 11, 2011
Tested so for,

Wifi : works
Lan : works
Cam: works
Market: works
USB : works
SD slots: Micro SDHC 4GB works
Youtube: works
GPS: not working (Sygic no GPS signal)
Angry Birds :p : works
Working on the pad for about 1 hour now with no hickups or crashes...

If there's anything specific you want to get tested or something, just let me know ;)

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
What did u use a kernel.img or uImage

spike666

Apr 11, 2011
Used of rom 3245:
ramdisk.img as linux-ram-disk
system.img as linux-sys
userdata.img as linux-udat

Used of rom 1170:
recovery.rd.img as linux-recovery-disk
uImage as linux-kernel

Burned it with burntool V7.5

scigo

Mar 27, 2011
First, just another big thanks. Installation was easy and smooth not problems at all. I am playing with it now and WIFI, free market apps, youtube, angry birds and other stuff works well.
I would like to share with you that I managed to turn on development mode. I used one of your apps, absolute system, clicked on the configure a2sd (just by accident really). I was told that development needs to be enabled - do you want to do it now. Clicked yes and woalaaa menu came up.

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
Do you have an upgrade process for dummies?? spoon feed me here.LOL

Step 1: download file? Extract & send to SD or USB
Step 2: ??
Step 3:??

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
!Make Boot sector to SD Card! *Caution, This is the only place you can screw up and your sd card should result in a 700mb storage device, if not you failed.
~Run WinHex.exe
1. on the toolbar click... tools, disk tools, clone disk

4. Checklist...source: raw image should be chosen as your sector.001 file, destination medium is going to be your sd card, start sector (destination) Fill in 0 (zero) and click ok. if you recieve any temp. file locator errors, ignore them unless its concerning your preporation setup or this process wont work.

...DROID...
I followed everything to the tee, but I'm getting the following error "cannot create "D:\Temp\000.whx" Make sure the folder exist & is not write protected.

Any ideas? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.