[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmch21

Mar 23, 2011
Maybe I am just technically challenged, which could be the case, but I have tried formatting my 4GB sd card with this update and can't get it to work. I have all of the right information in the right spots. I have a bricked zt 180 wowpad with 2.1 running that keeps giving me a kernel panic message and reboots over and over. Maybe I am not even in the right spot, but I thought this would be a good firmware to flash with. Any suggestions????

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
Maybe I am just technically challenged, which could be the case, but I have tried formatting my 4GB sd card with this update and can't get it to work. I have all of the right information in the right spots. I have a bricked zt 180 wowpad with 2.1 running that keeps giving me a kernel panic message and reboots over and over. Maybe I am not even in the right spot, but I thought this would be a good firmware to flash with. Any suggestions????

Can you clarify your situation?
AFAIK, there is no such animal as a "zt 180 wowpad". All the Wowpads I heard of are NOT ZT180s. This forum is about the Flytouch2, aka SuperPad, aka WowPad.

Won't be suprised if the firmware here will brick a ZT180...

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
Can someone upload the upgrade to a site other than megaupload or rapidshare? Both these sites are practically unusable fr me since 2011 rolled in. Mediafire or Zshare are much preferred...

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I followed everything to the tee, but I'm getting the following error "cannot create "D:\Temp\000.whx" Make sure the folder exist & is not write protected.

Any ideas? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

any ideas?

U did not point the directory for your temporary files. Set that to a folder on your harddrive. It cannot process without a temp directory. It looks like its set to default which dont exist.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Can someone upload the upgrade to a site other than megaupload or rapidshare? Both these sites are practically unusable fr me since 2011 rolled in. Mediafire or Zshare are much preferred...

I will give it a shot today if i got the moment

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Do you have an upgrade process for dummies?? spoon feed me here.LOL

Step 1: download file? Extract & send to SD or USB
Step 2: ??
Step 3:??

We all wish it was that easy but that time hasnt arrived yet. The following directions are as simple as it gets. Take it slow and ask questions as you go. Once we get the suitable software created for our tablets, il convert these firmwares to update.zips but we got aways to go yet.

mikekott

Apr 11, 2011
Wifi works on this version, but hdmi stopped. Also battery charging indicator worked on the first version of this "update" but not now. No major differences, so I an going back to the "unofficial" version where hdmi worked

Rgocal - THANKS for all you do!!!!!!!!

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Anytime:)
I figure alot of people are going to stay with the first version of 3245 and the experimental ones doing the iffy 2.2 i dont support. I figure alot of people are waiting for the 2.2 upgrade the selected few of us are working on. Wish we were making some headway.

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
!Make Boot sector to SD Card! *Caution, This is the only place you can screw up and your sd card should result in a 700mb storage device, if not you failed.
~Run WinHex.exe
1. on the toolbar click... tools, disk tools, clone disk

4. Checklist...source: raw image should be chosen as your sector.001 file, destination medium is going to be your sd card, start sector (destination) Fill in 0 (zero) and click ok. if you recieve any temp. file locator errors, ignore them unless its concerning your preporation setup or this process wont work.

...DROID...

I followed everything to the tee, but I'm getting the following error "cannot create "D:\Temp\000.whx" Make sure the folder exist & is not write protected.

Any ideas? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

any ideas?

One of the "tees" you missed was configuring winhex to point to scratch directories on your computer, then exiting winhex. (then steps above.) Finally you have to make very sure you point winhex to the *physical* not *logical* drive listed (the mistake I made frist time). Your fault may simply have been you started with abbreviated instructions, that missed this step.

scigo

Mar 27, 2011
Wifi works on this version, but hdmi stopped. Also battery charging indicator worked on the first version of this "update" but not now. No major differences, so I an going back to the "unofficial" version where hdmi worked
Rgocal - THANKS for all you do!!!!!!!!

I have just tested HDMI and it works no problem from Video Player, GPS works perfect for me (found my location in about a minute). I didn't test it for long.
below is proof that it works.
What do you mean with battery indicator not working?
mail

Last edited:

Salmch21

Mar 23, 2011
Can you clarify your situation?
AFAIK, there is no such animal as a "zt 180 wowpad". All the Wowpads I heard of are NOT ZT180s. This forum is about the Flytouch2, aka SuperPad, aka WowPad.

Won't be suprised if the firmware here will brick a ZT180...

Well I am already in a bricked situation. I can get it to start, but I once it gets to the powered by wowpad screen I get the Kernel panic message and it reboots itself. It will keep happening if I don't shut it off. Here are the specs on the tablet I have straight from the Sears website where I purchases it.

Infortm X220 ARM11 1Ghz CPU 256M RAM 10 Inch Touch Screen Built In GPS 3D User Interface Google Android 2.1 Operation System 3 Sides G-Sensor 1.3M pixtel Camera HDMI Port RJ45 Port for Internet Cable Specifications: Processor: Infortm X220 ARM11 1Ghz Operating System: Google Android 2.1 RAM: 256MB DDR2 ROM: 2GB External Memory: Supports up to 32GB TF Cards Display: 1024600 Resolution, 10LCD Screen Buttons: Power On/off, Front-side Back Button,Home and Menu buttons on the side Input: Resistive touch screen, Virtual keyboard G-sensor: 3 sides G-sensor camera: 1.3M pixtel Audio Input: Built-in Microphone Audio Output: 3.5mm Earphone Jack, Built-in Speaker Extension Devices: mini usb Power Adapter: 9V 1.5A Battery: 3800mah Wifi: 802.11B/G USB host: 2pcs HDMI Port: 1pcs RJ45 Port: 1pcs 3G: External Built in GPS Video Codec: MKV (H.264 HP)/RMVB/MPEG-4/FLV 720p (Supports all format) Supported Audio Formats: MP3, WMA. FLAC, AAC, AC3, OGG, WAV Supported Image Formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF Dimension: 269.91mm*170.45mm*14.89mm

Salmch21

Mar 23, 2011
if it boots, its not considered bricked. Bricked is defined as push power button and nothing happens.

Oh okay that makes sense. Like I said before I am pretty new at this whole tablet thing. I have a Droid X phone and really like the android OS system and wanted that in a tablet, but I can't get mine to work. I want to get it fixed so my wife doesn't make my by an ipad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.