[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreonis

Apr 17, 2011
After upgrade firmware not working 3g modem (Huawei e1550). Now visible as Huawei MU509 and dont want turns on setting "3g net" (((. Have someone any idea? (Before upgrade firmware all was worked !)

After open "Mobile networks" in apnlist autocreate apn with name "infotm". All fields are empty. Manual editing of the APN does not give any effect. If open section several times - more apn with name "infotm" will be placed in list.

I'l try edit file apns-conf.xml - also no results (((((

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
Hi, just installed this update. It was a very easy update.
But now I want to update to the newest Dolphin Browser, but it is not possible to install it.
I have removed Dolphin from the tablet using root, but still it is not possible to install the Dolphin Browser.

Any Ideas. (Same applies to the calculator)

Still have the hissing sound. If a lot of the users do not have this hissing sound (I know a lot have) I guess it is hardware related and not driver or software.

Salmch21

Mar 23, 2011
I finally got the firmware on the sd card and loaded on my tablet. Yay.... no ipad. Thanks for the sweet firmware!

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
If you create a free DropBox account that could be used for the file loading as you can create a public folder with a link to your file.

I have an account already that I use for work so I am unable to use it for this but if someone wants to open one here is a link http://db.tt/ojNUc3F

Dropbox is useful as it gives an easy way of transfering files from your pc to the pad and vice versa if you install the Dropbox android app from the market

optivista

Apr 18, 2011
Hi, I have a Flytouch RM11 1 ghz GPS , and I tried this firmware and the tablet said first burm Proces finish then a second masege said take of SD and rebot all in 1 min process if i do so the epad wont reboot, do you have another firmware ?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
U did somthing wrong if it did all that in a minute process. This is the stablest for the flytouch2 at the moment. If your new to tablets, flashing new firmware is a big risk as u will lose data and could kill your tablet so please be carefull.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Salmch21

Mar 23, 2011
So I have updated my tablet with this new firmware and I love it. I want to use the wireless tether so I don't have to pay an extra monthly fee on my phone to hook up to the internet. I downloaded the wireless tether app for rooted devices and it is telling me that my kernel doesn't support it. Is there anything I can do to update the kernel to support wireless tethering or am I stuck with an extra monthly charge? :confused:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Um... ok lets clear up tethering fact first...
Tethering is an option supported by rooted android phones, some tethering apps requiring custom made kernels. Tethering simply means to share the 3g/4g internet source from your mobile device such as an android tablet with built in 3g from best buy or other supported retailers and android phones from verizon (ATT, T-mobile and other carriers hate this as they believe its stealing so they block such possiblities) and create a hot spot using its wifi adapter. Sort of like how the windows 7 connectify works. The tethering app runs off of the host device to share its enternet source.
Our wifi tablets do not support this feature as its impossible because theres nothing to share unless you want to take an ethernet cable and turn your tablet into a wireless router.
While tethering with an android device, other android devices cannot see it. There are ways but requires WPA_supplicant editing which can corrupt your wifi adapter. For example, I own an LG Ally running the velocity rom with custom built kernels,recovery,ramdisk for supper fast performance. One of its features it supports is wireless terthering sharing its 3g enternet with my wireless devices when i launch the wireless tether app. I can connect my xbox,laptop,pc,hp pda but my flytouch2 cannot connect to it.

Salmch21

Mar 23, 2011
Well that blows lol. Thanks for all of the help. I seem to be bringing up a lot of newb questions.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Eh someones bound to ask one or thee other. A question is nvr considered dumn because someones always thinking but nvr ask.

Buzzy

Apr 5, 2011
You should be able to tether your flytouch to your phone if your phone supports wireless tethering. I.E. if your phone has Mobile AP like mine does (mobile access point) then i connect my flytough to it through its normal wifi connection as if it were a wireless router.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (SGH-I896 - Canadian version of 897). When i do turn on Mobile AP it drains the battery fast so i usually only turn it on for brief periods or i connect it to a usb power source for extended tethering periods. Works great for me. Just a bit hard on my phone though as it seems to get pretty warm in Mobile AP for extended periods.

Failing that, if you really need good mobile internet for your tablet in and around your car or rv then i would say try one of the mobile access points made for usb modems. You can buy them at best buy. Never tried them myself buy i read other peoples reviews of them and they seem to do the job. You need to have a usb modem to plug into them to work. I have been thinking of getting one for my car so that i can have reliable internet for my tablet at all times (in and around my car of course)
links? sure why not!
D-Link 3G Mobile Wireless Router (DIR-412) : Wireless N Routers - Best Buy Canada
sori that is canadian but u get the gist.
This one claims hi compatibility with all 3g modems and has battery backup for 2.5 hrs.
TRENDnet TEW-655BR3G 150Mbps Mobile Wireless-N Router - 150Mbps, USB, WAN/LAN, WPS, WEP, Wireless-N at TigerDirect.com

Cheers

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Depends on the tablet wifi driver and its capabilities.

paulfc

Apr 20, 2011
can you tell me the best version to work with my 3g ZTE Modem ? I can't enable the 3G net on the Tablet .

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
If it doest enable then no there's no driver for it

Status
Not open for further replies.