[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

caracolo

Apr 20, 2011
Thanks for this Jon, I have a problem when I try to download a file from the web to sdcard o flash drive (pendrive) ...............................................I can't do it shows a message that there is no sd card i try to put download directory /media/sdcard2 or media/udisk1 Howw can I fix the problem??
..................................................................................... ..........................................................................................................................................................

ymakkawi

Apr 20, 2011
!Make Boot sector to SD Card! *Caution, This is the only place you can screw up and your sd card should result in a 700mb storage device, if not you failed.
~Run WinHex.exe
1. on the toolbar click... tools, disk tools, clone disk

4. Checklist...source: raw image should be chosen as your sector.001 file, destination medium is going to be your sd card, start sector (destination) Fill in 0 (zero) and click ok. if you recieve any temp. file locator errors, ignore them unless its concerning your preporation setup or this process wont work.

...DROID...

I followed everything to the tee, but I'm getting the following error "cannot create "

Hello,

i did the steps as well, WinHex writes to SD card without warnings. at the end, the log file pops up with successful entries but another pop up window comes up saying "access denied" The SD becomes unaccessible and format is requested. After formating it shows normal capacity, not 700MB. i tried this with 4 and 2GB cards.

i have been searching the forum and the internet for two days, can you help please?

Thanks, Yousif

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Ur missing a step somwhere in there :/ what part is most confusing to u?

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

ymakkawi

Apr 20, 2011
Ur missing a step somwhere in there :/ what part is most confusing to u?

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Thanks! nothing confusing at all. i followed all the steps without a problem, in particular up to this step:
4. Checklist...source: raw image should be chosen as your sector.001 file, destination medium is going to be your sd card, start sector (destination) Fill in 0 (zero) and click ok. if you recieve any temp. file locator errors, ignore them unless its concerning your preporation setup or this process wont work.

then Winhwx finishes writing and i get this log file:
21/04/2011, 22:14:55.8
C:\Documents and Settings\winPad\flytouch2-ROM-recover-card\aben.start sector.001 --> Drive F:
Beginning of file --> Sector 0
16,065 Sectors
21/04/2011, 22:14:58.1
16,065 sector(s) successfully copied.

when i close the log file i find a small window saying access denied:
$winhex.JPG
when i click OK, it says successfuly copied. i ake the card out and reinsert it, i try to copy android folder, it asks for formating and i click yes, quick format. Then it copies the android folder. that is all. i have tried more than ten times with two cards. i am using a laptop with WIN XP SP3
Yousif

ymakkawi

Apr 20, 2011
Make sure you are choosing the physical drive not the logical in winhex, and also run winhex as administrator.

Thanks to everyone here. i used my brother's laptop with win7 and took less than 5 minutes and one attempt to do the job! i guess there is some security setting in my work laptop that did not like the process.

installation went smooth, now i have to play with the new software!

thanks again,
Yousif

ymakkawi

Apr 20, 2011
Hello, good poeple, Thanks for the hard work, impressive as well.

i have been reading through the posts (huge) to find a solution to change the location and weather to Khartoum, Sudan, any advice?

i have also tried all the market applications available with this upgrade: one is only in chinese, applanet does not install or download application and Market does not connect at all. is this dependant on local internet service or user gmail account? i need to download arabic fonts and keyboard.

edit:
installed this update without any problems past preparing the SD card.
i still cannot find/install free apps from market. does anyone have arabic keyboard/fonts as .apk?
My tablet model is WinPad-A10, it looks and behaves like FT2, two different CPU specs are written on the same box! these are the specs from about device before updating:
0.6.1.5.(587)
deb-r2.1.1480
2.1-update 1
winPad-A10
wowPad
It came with arabic and russian keyboards (my guess, installed in the shop), market was working fine.
i hope i have given enough details to get your valuable help.
Thanks,
Yousif

Last edited:

ymakkawi

Apr 20, 2011
Great update, installed flawlessly on the first attempt. Thank you. Quick question, I can only see european countries for the weather app on the start page, how can I choose Canada?

hi,
did you or anyone else manage to find their countries? I am looking for Khartoum, Sudan in particular.
thanks,
Yousif

thafrogggg

Mar 23, 2011
I finally installed this firmware and it was easy to do, and it funs well. I do however want to find out what system apps are started at boot that I can safely disable to conserve on memory resources and speed the boot process along. If I am not going to use something why should I have it running in the background?

I am not talking about using task killers or such to kill a program after it starts, I am thinking of using total system or titanium backup to freeze/disable them and keep android from even looking for them at boot.

Anyone have suggestions, or is this actually going to cause more trouble than it is worth?

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
I finally installed this firmware and it was easy to do, and it funs well. I do however want to find out what system apps are started at boot that I can safely disable to conserve on memory resources and speed the boot process along. If I am not going to use something why should I have it running in the background?

I am not talking about using task killers or such to kill a program after it starts, I am thinking of using total system or titanium backup to freeze/disable them and keep android from even looking for them at boot.

Anyone have suggestions, or is this actually going to cause more trouble than it is worth?

ES Task Killer and Startup Manager

Thanks! nothing confusing at all. i followed all the steps without a problem, in particular up to this step:

then Winhwx finishes writing and i get this log file:
21/04/2011, 22:14:55.8
C:\Documents and Settings\winPad\flytouch2-ROM-recover-card\aben.start sector.001 --> Drive F:
Beginning of file --> Sector 0
16,065 Sectors
21/04/2011, 22:14:58.1
16,065 sector(s) successfully copied.

when i close the log file i find a small window saying access denied:
View attachment 2210
when i click OK, it says successfuly copied. i ake the card out and reinsert it, i try to copy android folder, it asks for formating and i click yes, quick format. Then it copies the android folder. that is all. i have tried more than ten times with two cards. i am using a laptop with WIN XP SP3
Yousif

I have the same experience, what I notice that.. some card readers is not working well. After I change another card reader it works perfectly.

If not success on 705MB format. Also make sure you click on the Physical Media you choose.
$2dgknf6.jpg

Last edited:

thafrogggg

Mar 23, 2011
ES Task Killer and Startup Manager

Umm, I specifically stated that I did not want to use a task killer; I have used them and, at least to me, they seem to actually slow down the boot process because some apps will keep trying to start after they are killed.

From what I understand, the freeze option in titanium backup, and total system will keep android from even looking for them at startup. If this is true, that should actually speed up the boot process.

What apps can I stop that will not hamper me in going online to view web pages, check email when I want to but not auto download email, and download market apps? I do not use the GPS and do not plan on using it unless it is needed to get our paid app access back in the market, so that can probably go as well.

If anyone has a list of what disabling the different system start-up apps, please post it or a link to it if it is online.

Thanks

Buzzy

Apr 5, 2011
Umm, I specifically stated that I did not want to use a task killer; I have used them and, at least to me, they seem to actually slow down the boot process because some apps will keep trying to start after they are killed.

From what I understand, the freeze option in titanium backup, and total system will keep android from even looking for them at startup. If this is true, that should actually speed up the boot process.

What apps can I stop that will not hamper me in going online to view web pages, check email when I want to but not auto download email, and download market apps? I do not use the GPS and do not plan on using it unless it is needed to get our paid app access back in the market, so that can probably go as well.

If anyone has a list of what disabling the different system start-up apps, please post it or a link to it if it is online.

Thanks

There is another app called bloat freezer. I have not tried it but i liked the reviews. Have you tried that one? Sorry i am not helpful. Guess i am trying to learn from you instead of offer anything good.

Status
Not open for further replies.