[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzy

Apr 5, 2011
And my camera works fine and I updated form 1170 to 1568 (or something) and now 3245. Camera still working (if I had to repeat the update a few times).

Now I see that we may have Froyo 2.2 for this tablet, but I am not going to be the second person to try it.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/gome-flytouch-firmware/13701-flytouch-2-firmware-custom-rom.html

I have been trying to use this firmware update but so far i cant get my flytouch2 to recognize this firmware... I dont mind experimenting with firmware because the only reason i have a flytouch is to learn. But i am thinking this is the wrong platform cuz it has a very different way of updating than most other devices. Wish i can get froyo installed on my tablet cuz it is a much better rom than 2.1 my phone works a million times better with 2.2 than 2.1.
I have followed his instructions and i have deviated from them and i cannot get it to work so i am wondering if its a bogus update.

spike666

Apr 11, 2011
Spike, how do you use burntool for the flytouch 2? As far as i can determine the flytouch 2 has only usb host ports and not slave ports. Perhaps you have zt180? Pardon me if i seem noobish but i have really tried to snoop into my flytouch2 thru the usb to no avail and concluded it has host ports only.

Just follow this post on the forum, it worked for me to start with.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ow-restore-your-flytouch-2-1170-burntool.html

I am on 2852 now but had to USB flash U0 with OV2655 to get the cam and gps working.
My pad is not zt180, but for sure flytouch2 :)

Feel free to ask more, but remember I am still learning too (A).

greetz

Last edited:

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
I have been trying to use this firmware update but so far i cant get my flytouch2 to recognize this firmware... I dont mind experimenting with firmware because the only reason i have a flytouch is to learn. But i am thinking this is the wrong platform cuz it has a very different way of updating than most other devices. Wish i can get froyo installed on my tablet cuz it is a much better rom than 2.1 my phone works a million times better with 2.2 than 2.1.
I have followed his instructions and i have deviated from them and i cannot get it to work so i am wondering if its a bogus update.

If you [Power] + [Volume -] + [Home] at startup (hold until you see something on screen), and apply update.zip from there, any luck?

Buzzy

Apr 5, 2011
If you [Power] + [Volume -] + [Home] at startup (hold until you see something on screen), and apply update.zip from there, any luck?

Yup i have tried the update.zip process but to no avail. I even tried renaming the flytouch zipped folder to "update.zip". no go. i get the "E: failed to open..." and "E:signature verification failed"

It is most likely a mistake i am doing but i cant seem to figure it out. I am an electronics technologist and have 12yrs exp in consumer electronics but very little exp in Android. I didnt have any trouble applying the 3245 update from this thread so i am capable enough. But this one i getting nowhere with... not sure what i am missing... its premature for me to wonder if its bogus but since no one else is replying to the thread it got me wondering.

maybe i need to flash it back to stock. Gonna play with the burntool prog now that Spike set me on a good path... meh... this is fun stuff! :)

Buzzy

Apr 5, 2011
Just follow this post on the forum, it worked for me to start with.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ow-restore-your-flytouch-2-1170-burntool.html

I am on 2852 now but had to USB flash U0 with OV2655 to get the cam and gps working.
My pad is not zt180, but for sure flytouch2 :)

Feel free to ask more, but remember I am still learning too (A).

greetz

Dankeschön Spike!! I had searched for this and only found a russian page on burntool so i gave up and assumed it wasnt for the flytouch2. This is great! now i can play more!

arlington

Apr 30, 2011
Is it required that I make my SD card 700mb before I copy in the Android folder?

I have a 1GB card. I've run WinHex according to instructions, and after that process is complete and when I try to format my card, it still shows 945mb.

throwapot

Jan 23, 2011
ok i updated my flytouch 1623 to this update very complicated but it worked thought i fired my 4 gb micro card to 700 mb but i just reformat with my toshibsa format thingy go it back to 4gb but items where left out of ur blog rgocal u have to use laucher pro to inable usb debugging to get ur root back lol then use ur titanium back up to get all ur apps back me i had like 300 apps on super pad remember always have u pad backed up before u do silly stuff coz it may blow up on you and then all the work u been doing for the past months are gone booo hooooo lolooll

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Spike, how do you use burntool for the flytouch 2? As far as i can determine the flytouch 2 has only usb host ports and not slave ports. Perhaps you have zt180? Pardon me if i seem noobish but i have really tried to snoop into my flytouch2 thru the usb to no avail and concluded it has host ports only.

You need to make a USB male to USB male cord by cutting two cords and splicing them together. The first slot is both a slave and a host. but when you connect it to the computer, you need to hold menu, power, and home.

ymakkawi

Apr 20, 2011
Sorry Yousif but this firmware is language limited. Perhaps there is a way, once rooted and super user'd, to port the language file over post installation?

thanks! i have already done both steps. how and where from can i import the language?
i have also found that Market does not work in Sudan! amazing, isn't it? So, how do i download apps as .apk? i have willing to help friends abroad who have access to Market but i need to show them how to save/extract the downloads and email them to me.

Cheers, Yousif

maverik410

Mar 28, 2011
hi all
just thought i would let you all know everything is working on my fy2 gps(shows home position),wifi,debug, evrything
works nice and smooth updated from 1623

thank you rgocal

cheers maverik

Last edited:
May 1, 2011
Hi

I have done all the prep work and am ready to put the SD card in... BUT before I do... I feel I need to know what to expect...and some reassurance would be appreciated please if someone has the time to help here....

The prep asked me to download rar files which contained a lot of stuff besides the 001 file I have the instructions for..... what do I do with these and can I just put them onto another SD and move them over from my PC......after I have done the deed with the 709mb disk I have created by following the instructions on here?

When I do the re-boot thing - is that it done or should I do other things first??? Will it just work???

Also:What happens with the stuff I have backed up to my other SD cards currently in the fly tough II....can I just put them in and restore the apps?

Thanks in advance and a big vote of thanks to rgocal for providing the info and the emails!!!!

Dee

lipkiss

Apr 8, 2011
Though earliar i have updated my superpad to v 2.1 3245 but this time for some reason i cant boot my sd card i even tried through pressing home while reboot n selecting update.zip but it gives error.I have followed all the steps but i dont know where i am going wrong.Im on win 7 64bit (did run as admin)n using a 2gb sd card.Plz help.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.