[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganewbie

Apr 12, 2011
The update went very smooth for me and the epad works like magic, however I still have a question. I downloaded the goodies folder but not sure how to add the fonts to my ePAD? and can I add other country to the banner in the home page to show the weather in my home city "Toronto" Canada

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
Just an update - I've tried all the methods I could find on this forum to get my SD card from 1GB to 700MB / 705MB.

Tried running WinHex as admin, tried selecting "Physical drive" on the left column, tried formatting my card again and again... but what finally did it for me, was to insert my SD card through a USB card reader! :p

Now successfully upgraded it to 3245. Thank you all.

Does anyone get a "access denied" windows error message when partitioning the sd card? In Winhex, everything seems to be going well, and when its finished it shows a text document saying complete and such, then, when you close it and go back to winhex, it has a windows error message saying access denied. To what access is denied to Im not sure but Ive tried this 20 or so times with 2 different cards and still the same results. I wouldnt bother with it except its not partitioning the card like its supposed to. Any ideas?

Please state your OS and if it is 32bit or 64bit.

I experience that before, if you can find another card reader or your phone if can be card reader on pc, it will solve your problem. Try to winhex again.

If you want a guide with pictures for formating microsSD check here just scroll down to the Alternative Solution guide for formating MicroSD.

The update went very smooth for me and the epad works like magic, however I still have a question. I downloaded the goodies folder but not sure how to add the fonts to my ePAD? and can I add other country to the banner in the home page to show the weather in my home city "Toronto" Canada

You can change the font, just tap the font section and it will connect your to the internet and let you select fonts, after that it will restart with new font.

About the weather, there is no luck for changing or adding country. So find alternative Weather Widgets from the internet.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Our next step is modification on the tablet, because the company isnt supporting it anymore i believe and went to superpad2 :(
So its up to the community to get this tablet in fine shape and keep it lasting. Ive made progress on things but its taking a long time :(

Sent from my LG Ally/Velocity 1.1, Ra Recovery

dgrinspon

May 22, 2011
I followed you tutorial but when it tries to create the files.. it says cannnot create ¨D:/temp/000.whx¨ make sure the folder exists and the file is not write protected. What can I do ????'

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
I followed you tutorial but when it tries to create the files.. it says cannnot create ¨D:/temp/000.whx¨ make sure the folder exists and the file is not write protected. What can I do ????'

Please re-read the tutorial, where it says to configure winhex to point to a temporary directory on your hard drive. I would assume what the error message is saying is that you don't have a writable "D" drive, and/or there is no directory named "temp" on it.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
That would be correct. Normally, your hardrive is C: and D: is a ghost or a disk device so reread the setup process to point to a folder on your hdd.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Update 36xx has been spotted and its froyo

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Im testing it now. Il have the details and update procedure up by noon.
Ofcourse no word on flash but seems nice. Little fancy upgrade for the superpad and oh look 3d gallery o.o

I might of destroyed my recovery partition on my tablet so... i might be handing down the cwm recovery mission down to someone else. Ive made head way but it needs touch that i dont have. And be buying myself a superpad2 and make head way on that just incase anyone here is thinking of upgrading, il be joining yah and start building on that tablet.

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I can do it for ya. That is, if you would let me lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
U need a linux enviroment to build it, or mac osx/ubuntu/linux os/ect. Windows doesnt have the ability to run terminal and u need terminal to build it so a heads up to anyone wanting the cwm mission.

Note to anyone upgrading there tablet today or later...backup your data on your sdcard (pictures,videos,movies,txt files, por...i mean valuable items, ect...)

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
U need a linux enviroment to build it, or mac osx/ubuntu/linux os/ect. Windows doesnt have the ability to run terminal and u need terminal to build it so a heads up to anyone wanting the cwm mission.

Note to anyone upgrading there tablet today or later...backup your data on your sdcard (pictures,videos,movies,txt files, por...i mean valuable items, ect...)

I've got Linux. Ububtu 10.something. I don't use it much but I've got it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I run the newest ubuntu as my main os and run other os's in virtual machice such as windows, osx, and ofcourse android 2.3 X86

To the point, Newest update will be released here shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.